Scotland team for tonight

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Scotland team for tonight

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:08 pm

According to the BBC website here is the team for tonight.

Gordon, Broadfoot, Caldwell, McManus, Naysmith, Maloney, Commons, Robson, Fletcher, Brown, McFadden.

I like Alexander as a pro footballer but am more happy with Broadfoot at right back - gives us more options going forward. Can't really understand the criticism Broadfoot gets - I think he is alot better than people give him credit for. The thing I like about him when he plays for Rangers is he gives it his all and I am sure he will for Scotland tonight - one thing for sure there won't be many fitter on the park than him. 8)

Alba Gu Brath (ffs or the WC is over!)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Scotland team for tonight

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:10 am

Didn't see the game (can't get into the city at that time in the morning), but am reading about it now. Apparently Club Foot was good. He's just really ungainly and not too handsome either. It also says Kris Commons played quite well too.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:06 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:It also says Kris Commons played quite well too.

O rly? :?

I think Burley has a cheek saying Broadfoot is of limited ability, when 9 out of the starting 11 are of limited ability. In fact when the two best players in the squad are goalkeepers it doesn't sound too good.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:
A Horse called Juan Face wrote:It also says Kris Commons played quite well too.

O rly? :?

I think Burley has a cheek saying Broadfoot is of limited ability, when 9 out of the starting 11 are of limited ability. In fact when the two best players in the squad are goalkeepers it doesn't sound too good.

Have to agree, Commons was poor. I hope he doesn't stick with him for the sake of it.

The newspapers totally blew Burley's comments about of proportion but I can't help but think Burley should avoid interviews!

Anyway, back to the game and how I wish I put money on Broadfoot to score the first goal - I was going to post that last night but thought you would all laugh at me! :o

In saying that I can't wait until Hutton gets back - he is such a threat going forward. Not overly worried about McManus missing the next game as he made a complete fud of himself last night and I've had the feeling over the last 3 games he was going to cost us a penalty. He can be rather clumsy..

Also, looking forward to get Ferguson back. Again, a player who seems to cop a lot of criticism from certain quarters but a very very good player and a natural leader on the park.

Here is hoping we find someone like King Kenny some day soon. I've been hunting for his goal against Spain in 85 and found it at the end of this. Still remember it from the West Stand as if it was yesterday! :mrgreen:

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:22 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:Have to agree, Commons was poor. I hope he doesn't stick with him for the sake of it.

Fair does. That's why I used the word apparently. :wink: Personally I'd play Maloney more often, he was the only one who looked like doing anything on Saturday. Apart from that honking free kick he took. Time for Darren Mackie to get a call-up? HAHAHA

Also what's the phrase limited ability all about? Even Ronaldinho has limited ability.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat