Football Predictions for 2008/09

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:17 am

Will be good to look back on this next year and see who got it right! So here are my predictions for 2008/09:-

Scottish Premier - Rangers (well it is either them or Celtic and Rangers have more time to concentrate on the league!)

Scottish Division 1 - Partick Thistle 8)

Scottish Division 2 - Brechin City

Scottish Division 3 -Dumbarton

League Cup - Dundee Utd

Scottish Cup - Celtic

Champions League - Barcelona

English Premier - Man Utd

English Championship - Ipswich Town

FA Cup - Spurs

There you go, if you wanyt to win money put the above on now! :wink:
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Campbeltown


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:32 am

SPL - Unsure but can see Dundee Utd doing well. Don't know enough about the other divisions to call it, hard enough to keep up with the top league.

Champions League - Gonna go for Inter I think

English League - Chelsea, Drogba staying is a huge plus for them. Should Man U sign a striker in the coming week or so then it'll be close

Scottish Cup - Someone totally random, Aberdeen? No, I'll go for Motherwell just for a laugh.

FA Cup - Liverpool. Not sure if Spurs are buying players that are physical enough for the Premiership

Uefa Cup - Who cares?
Image
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
User avatar
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: The Elysian Fields


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby joe_ruesgen » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:26 am

SPL - Celtic
Scottish Cup - Celtic
Scottish League Cup - Rangers
Premiership - Man Utd.
FA Cup - Chelsea
English League Cup - Chelsea
Champions League - Barcelona
Uefa Cup - AC Milan

Just went and seen Barcelona play against the New York Red Bulls at Giants Stadium. Albeit they played against a far inferior team they looked absolutely class, winning comfortably 6-2. Two goals that they conceded were errors by Valdes, first dropping a cross then pushing the ball onto the six yard line. Daniel Alves, Keite (Face, is the spelling correct?), and Henry were unbelievable. Gudjohnson looked overweight, Gerard Pique looks like a potential bombscare, and Abidal is a lazy b*****d (can only imagine what Big Ron would have to say about him), other than that they were brilliant...and without Messi no less.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:54 pm
Location: NY, USA - originally from Campbeltown


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby dr-sanchez » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Eeessss Pee Hell (SPL) - Celtic
Division 1 - Dundee
Division 2 - The Rovers, has to be this time.
Division 3 - Stenny or Berwick
Premiership - United
Champs League - Inter

but aye, nane of yer Brechin jive, its the Rovers' year this year! 8)
You again, you b*****d!
User avatar
dr-sanchez
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: crosshill/dundee


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:05 am

joe_ruesgen wrote:SPL - Celtic
Scottish Cup - Celtic
Scottish League Cup - Rangers
Premiership - Man Utd.
FA Cup - Chelsea
English League Cup - Chelsea
Champions League - Barcelona
Uefa Cup - AC Milan

Just went and seen Barcelona play against the New York Red Bulls at Giants Stadium. Albeit they played against a far inferior team they looked absolutely class, winning comfortably 6-2. Two goals that they conceded were errors by Valdes, first dropping a cross then pushing the ball onto the six yard line. Daniel Alves, Keite (Face, is the spelling correct?), and Henry were unbelievable. Gudjohnson looked overweight, Gerard Pique looks like a potential bombscare, and Abidal is a lazy b*****d (can only imagine what Big Ron would have to say about him), other than that they were brilliant...and without Messi no less.


Seydou Keita, really good player. Pique can't be any worse than Gabi Milito was last season. Not the player who was at Zaragoza last year. Two youngsters scored as well.
Image
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
User avatar
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: The Elysian Fields


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby The Hitman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 am

SPL - Rangers
Scottish Cup - Rangers
Scottish League Cup - Rangers
Premiership - Man Utd.
FA Cup - Arsenal
English League Cup - Chelsea
Champions League - Man Utd
Uefa Cup - AC Milan
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
User avatar
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:40 am
Location: In Position


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

Spl 10th position - Aberdeen
Image
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
User avatar
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: The Elysian Fields


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat May 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:Will be good to look back on this next year and see who got it right! So here are my predictions for 2008/09:-

Scottish Premier - Rangers (well it is either them or Celtic and Rangers have more time to concentrate on the league!)

Scottish Division 1 - Partick Thistle 8)

Scottish Division 2 - Brechin City

Scottish Division 3 -Dumbarton

Champions League - Barcelona

English Premier - Man Utd

English Championship - Ipswich Town

There you go, if you wanyt to win money put the above on now! :wink:


My league predictions are not too bad. Got the Div 3 winners which was a good call and not far away with the other two Scottish Leagues. My poor English team didn't fair too well but now Keane is there there will be a difference. Rangers are ahead now and Man Utd are not far away from winning the Premier and Barca are in the final of the Champions League. Not too bad for someone who doesn't bet. 8)
User avatar
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Campbeltown


Re: Football Predictions for 2008/09

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed May 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:
Ship called Dignity wrote:Will be good to look back on this next year and see who got it right! So here are my predictions for 2008/09:-

Scottish Premier - Rangers (well it is either them or Celtic and Rangers have more time to concentrate on the league!)

Scottish Division 1 - Partick Thistle 8)

Scottish Division 2 - Brechin City

Scottish Division 3 -Dumbarton

Champions League - Barcelona

English Premier - Man Utd

English Championship - Ipswich Town

There you go, if you wanyt to win money put the above on now! :wink:


I really should have put some money on some of my predictions!
User avatar
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 6017
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Campbeltown



Return to Sport Chit Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests