Is winning everything?

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Is winning everything?

Postby dr-sanchez » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:48 pm

i like potatoes with my dinner
You again, you b*****d!
dr-sanchez
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Is winning everything?

Postby Hume » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:03 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:Isn't that just sport? It happens at all levels of sport and in this particular reference football. If you could get away with kicking the ball from behind the line in an amateur game you would - it is just instinct and if you got away with it you are hardly going to say to the ref.

I like the fact that football hasn't went down the road of using TV evidence - it all adds to the drama and sport.
8)

Agree with you on the top point - another expample was Euro 96 v Netherlands when Collins appeared to keep tha ball out with his hand - I'm sure not many of us complained about that.

Then again, on your second point it may not be Motherwell in the UEFA Cup this year if it was possible to tell when a ball has crossed the line. :x Surely there is room for some video evidence or other technology to be adopted to ensure the rightful outcome?

Getting decisions wrong is the wrong kind of drama for me. Anyway, look at that hawkeye thing in tennis - you can't say that doesn't ADD to the drama. Something line three challenges per set if you thing the line judge has called incorrectly. It barely takes 15 seconds to check.

More time than that is wasted in football by players rolling on the turf!
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat