FBK Kaunas V Rangers

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

FBK Kaunas V Rangers

Postby Trapper » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:33 pm

I know, I know, I'm so predictable and really quite a nasty bitter man but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HA!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: FBK Kaunas V Rangers

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:14 am

Can't say I agree in any form Trapper. It is a major blow to the co-efficient which may not affect us now but will in a couple of years. Rangers gained 23 points last year for Scotland on top of Celtic's 17.

With the exit tonight we have 0.5 points. :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:28 am

How many did Aberdeen get last year? Not a dig, just wondering.

Anyway, Motherwell and Queen of The South can't do any worse, in fact they've already done better. Smith has clearly lost the plot. When he said last season that he had no decent playmakers and had to play the formation that he was, surely the sensible thing would've been to go out and sign some playmakers instead of three strikers, one of whom (the one who starts) is absolutely useless. Fully expect Cuellar to leave now, and really do not understand why Boyd is being kept at the club if Walter doesn't want to play him. I mean, if their money problems are so bad that they can't afford Davis, surely selling Boyd would've been the answer. And Cousin, and Darcheville as what's the point of having 7 strikers in the squad when there is no one to pass it to them, and you only play one up front anyway?

And before anyone comments on why I have that much more to say about Rangers than Aberdeen, it's because we haven't played a game yet, I'm sure I'll have plenty to say in a few weeks, though whether I'll write it on here or not is a different matter.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:51 am

Dont care about the co-efficient as it only usually serves to help The old Firm. If you aren't good enough to get third or win the cup you shouldnt be in europe. This is club football were talking about, not international, so I'll stick wi my club allegiance thanks!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby king of kilcousland » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:51 am

Aye, feck the co-efficient, you didn't hear anyone going on about how bad it was for scottish football when aberdeen got knocked out the uefa cup by Barry town years ago, just folk waiting to have a dig, well its my turn noo.

G E T I T R O O N YE!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ranald » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:13 am

Unsurprisingly, I fully agree with my red friends :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Mary G » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 am

The fates of the national team and all clubs are affected by the co-efficient. It is disappointing if any Scottish team gets knocked out this early.

It cuts our opportunity to participate in international competitions, and makes it harder for ourselves when we do get there.

* It can affect whether clubs can access the Champion's League group stage directly - only a couple of years ago the SPL champion also had to qualify, but not now.
* We could lose UEFA Cup places.
* And the national team can be seeded more lowly, resulting in more difficulty qualifying for tournaments.
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:51 am

Trapper wrote:If you aren't good enough to get third or win the cup you shouldnt be in europe.

So what happens if you are second? :mrgreen:

This is club football were talking about, not international, so I'll stick wi my club allegiance thanks!

Aye,I know it is club football - but thanks for pointing that out to me! 8) You never know Aberdeen may come second in the league in two years time and Rangers doing well in Europe this year would have made a difference. :wink:

AND it does affect the International team.

On the football side, Rangers were shocking in the second half.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 am

Mary G wrote:The fates of the national team and all clubs are affected by the co-efficient. It is disappointing if any Scottish team gets knocked out this early.

It cuts our opportunity to participate in international competitions, and makes it harder for ourselves when we do get there.

* It can affect whether clubs can access the Champion's League group stage directly - only a couple of years ago the SPL champion also had to qualify, but not now.
* We could lose UEFA Cup places.
* And the national team can be seeded more lowly, resulting in more difficulty qualifying for tournaments.

1. It can affect whether Rangers or Celtic can access the group stages directly - therefore it's of little interest to me.

2. We're actually going to gain UEFA Cup places within the next couple of years when Platini restructures the competition.

3. I don't think that's right, I'm pretty sure it's only the national team's own results which count for seedings and in any case they used the world rankings to determine the seedings for the forthcoming world cup qualifiers.

Still, at least Rangers can console themselves with the 5% they're trying to rob from every club in the SPL along with their equally ugly sister in the east end :twisted:
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:56 am

What difference does the co-efficient make anyway if the teams are as pish as Rangers were last night? It only affects Rangers and Celtic anyway, Scotland will be in more or less the same position in the seedings regardless. The only real disappointment is that there is no photo of Barry Ferguson crying. I'd love to put that on my Bebo.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:02 am

I would agree that Rangers got what they deserved last night as the were rank rotten but I personally don't take any pleasure in seeing any Scottish team getting knocked out of Europe, unlike you lot and on that note I will leave this thread to you boys - I didn't realise Aberdeen fans were as bitter as this. :wink: 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:11 am

Ship called Dignity wrote:I didn't realise Aberdeen fans were as bitter as this. :wink: 8)

That part I don't believe.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:14 am

Aye, ban the lot of them!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Jambo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 am

Not just Aberdeen fans who are enjoying this :) Good to see the wee Jambos doing well. I also don't see why we should want Rangers to get through in order foe them to get an extra £10m to buy the rest of the SPLs best players and not play them!!
Jambo
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Hume » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 am

:lol: a threat about Rangers and so far 64% of posts by Dons fans!!

I was also under the impression international seeding were based purely on FIFA rankings rather than representative clubs' performance in European competitions. I suppose you could argue that progress in europe indirectly affects the national team due to increased experience etc.

..but equally the national team is also affected by inept tactics used by the most boring coach ever in games we need to win at home to the like of Belarus. Maybe Rangers will now wake up to this if results don't continue to paper over the cracks like last season. Horse is right, the signing policy is bizzare. I would have expected Rangers to be looking at more creative players too.

Jambo is right too, the main reason the league flag has not left Glasgow in the last 24 seasons is money. So the less money Rangers and Celtic earn from european runs the better for scottish football imo. If that means an early exit, so be it. The gulf in finance in the 1980's was not to big and we had four (nearly five, Jambo) different winners.

Lastly, KoK, we probably never heard how bad it was for scottish football when Aberdeen went out to Barry Town cos we didn't - we went out to Ebbe's Brondby that year. I'll let you off though, you probably meant Bohemians of Dublin or SKONTO RIGA!!!! :oops: :oops:
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat