Old firm monopoly

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Old firm monopoly

Postby TYM » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 pm

So once again it is the travelling fans who pay. This is a bugbear of mine. It is the travelling fans who have to fork out the most cash, to sit in the worst viewpoints in the stadium and be treated like cattle by police and stewards ( especially in Glasgow ). Yet normally it is the travelling fans who provide an atmosphere and get the home fans going. I have witnessed this at Easter Road occasions and this is the main reason why the atmosphere at games is so poor at Ibrox and Celtic Park when the smaller teams come to visit, with little travelling support.

I fear with the current economic climate, cost of fuel, increased television on non-Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs, higher prices at the turnstiles and a disenchantment with the product on the park leads me to believe that we are about to enter a period of dwindling crowds and interest in the game.

Aberdeen have colluded with Rangers and Celtic and just passed the extra burden on to the travelling supporter. I also note that this "arrangement" starts in January. No mention of the deal done with Rangers for this month's fixture.
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby king of kilcousland » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:07 pm

according to the statement on the dons website, the ticket sales for the forthcoming fixture in august will be done the same way it has been for the past few years so not really a deal more of a continuation.
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Trapper » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Cant really make my mind up about this to be honest! As kok and ranald say I'd rather the dons had just told the old firm to stick it! And as tym says the away fans a lways get it worst, especially going to ibrox and parkhead as they have to pay the highest ticket prices in the league for the worst seats in the stadium!

All I know is, none of this would've happened if the twin tosspots that are the old frim hadn't started it all!!!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat