BBC/The open

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

BBC/The open

Postby Trapper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm

*Right, a bit of a pointless rant coming up but i've not got much better to do.

Why is Hazel Irvine, a proffesional sports journalist with years of experience, deemed perfectly competent to present the Scottish Open (and do a reasonable job of it), but is relegated to running about interviewing players as they come off the course while Gary F@*&in Lineker, an ex FOOTBALLER whose smugness knows no bounds, is the anchor for the coverage?

This is more a rant against lineker than pro Haxel, but it still pisses me off. It's like "the scots can do thier own thing cos nobody will be watchin that, but for the main event we better get an englishman in so people can understand what hes sayin".

F@*&ing Ars*@&es! :evil: :evil:
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: BBC/The open

Postby TYM » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Nice looking girlfriend though :D
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm

TYM wrote:Nice looking girlfriend though :D

Trapper, Lineker or Irvine's? :? :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 pm

I love the BBC's coverage of The Open....from the early starters on Thursday morning to the high drama early Sunday evening....all the presenters, all the commentators....magic from start to finish.

And if a Scot does not win I am rooting for Migel Angel Jimenez.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Trapper wrote:*Right, a bit of a pointless rant coming up but i've not got much better to do.

Why is Hazel Irvine, a proffesional sports journalist with years of experience, deemed perfectly competent to present the Scottish Open (and do a reasonable job of it), but is relegated to running about interviewing players as they come off the course while Gary F@*&in Lineker, an ex FOOTBALLER whose smugness knows no bounds, is the anchor for the coverage?

This is more a rant against lineker than pro Haxel, but it still pisses me off. It's like "the scots can do thier own thing cos nobody will be watchin that, but for the main event we better get an englishman in so people can understand what hes sayin".

F@*&ing Ars*@&es! :evil: :evil:

Absolutely spot on, Trapper, well said. I was angry at it before and now you've made me livid. No doubt they'll be a golfing Walkers Crisps advert coming soon to add another million to his coffers. Linekar: the 21st Century Jimmy Hill :twisted:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Does'nt matter who is presenting the programme,as long as Aliss/Torrance/Hay/Grady are doing the commentary.

Lineker is the BBC golden boy and has to do something to earn his £2,000,000.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Walt Jabsco » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:57 am

All I can add to the debate was that I was extremely impressed by lineker at last years open when he interviewed Angel Cabrerra after his round. He asked the questions in Spanish and translated the answers back into English for the viewers. This was all done on live tv.
Cabrerra was delighted to be interviewed in Spanish as he is not confident in english.
As I say Lineker got major respect from me for that.
Walt Jabsco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Trapper » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:35 pm

My main problem with it all is linekers personality bypass and the fact that the BBC Scotland team are relegated to menial tasks cos its the british open. If theyre good enough for scottisj open why not british.

Also I think Hazel Irvine has amuch better rapport with players and a better iterview technuique!

so there. :D

and my fingers are too fat for this keyboard!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Campbell A » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Walt Jabsco wrote:All I can add to the debate was that I was extremely impressed by lineker at last years open when he interviewed Angel Cabrerra after his round. He asked the questions in Spanish and translated the answers back into English for the viewers. This was all done on live tv.
Cabrerra was delighted to be interviewed in Spanish as he is not confident in english.

Maybe just an excuse to make Lineker look clever, well worth his fee an all that, bet he never interviewed KJ Choi in Mandarin :D
Campbell A
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Linekar would speak in a broad Scots tongue if he thought it would make him look clever.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Walt Jabsco » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

Campbell A wrote:Maybe just an excuse to make Lineker look clever, well worth his fee an all that, bet he never interviewed KJ Choi in Mandarin
Walt Jabsco wrote:All I can add to the debate was that I was extremely impressed by lineker at last years open when he interviewed Angel Cabrerra after his round. He asked the questions in Spanish and translated the answers back into English for the viewers. This was all done on live tv.

Maybe just an excuse to make Lineker look clever, well worth his fee an all that, bet he never interviewed KJ Choi in Mandarin :D

It would be a bit like trying to interview you in Drumleman instead of the Stewarton lingo. Drumblemble is near to Stewarton and China is near to korea, where KJ Choi is from and his native tongue is Korean. Big feet in it again.

No being serious, I wasn't trying to say Lineker is great just saying I respected him for doing it. ithink Beckham was in Spain longer than Lineker and dont think he could even say hola, never mind adios.
Walt Jabsco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 am

Beckham can say Hijos De Puta and thats about it I think.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat