Cristiano Ronaldo

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:10 pm

What an a******e
Last edited by Mod3 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad Language
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Govangirl » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm with you there. :twisted: And I hope Sir Alex throws more than a shoe at him at their next meeting!!!!!!!!!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Could'nt disagree more,I think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Watched a documentary about him and he comes across as a very likeable young guy.

He wants to move and play his footie at Real Madrid,so what! Man U.make a helluva profit on him and carry on as they have done after other class players have left.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:41 am

So what is that Ferguson got rid of both Van Nistelrooy and Keane due to fights with Ronaldo, so what is that he signed a 5year contract just last year, so what is that hes being really sneaky and underhanded about it and is showing no respect to Manchester Uniteds fans. Also his comments about not caring who he offends because it's his decision show a distinct lack of respect to Ferguson, who turned him from a whining, crying numpty who did too many stepovers and didn't have a final ball to a whining, crying numpty who scored 40+ goals in a season. I personally would have a lot more respect for him if he'd just come out and said 'look I want to leave' rather than helping to engineer a move through the media. Man U should insist on Sneijder, Robinho or Ramos as part of any deal seeing as Ferguson has already said he'd rather see him in the stands than at Real.

And documentaries are often doctored to show you what the director wants you to see, theyre hardly going to put him kicking a baby in it are they? Everyone can appear to be genial and cordial when they know theres a camera on them. Overrated show pony anyway, he won't be half the player in Spain. The English top three (Liverpool are so far off the pace they don't deserve to be in a "top 4") may be better than the top sides in Spain at the moment, but the dregs of the English league are terrible and it's them that Ronaldo scored most of his goals against. There's a reason he chokes in the big games, and it's that seasoned international defenders know how to play against him. Oh, and before everyone leaps at that, overrated doesn't mean shit, rubbish or even just ok. It means he isn't as good as he's made out to be, that's all. God might not be as good as Ronaldo's made out to be. Don't be fooled by Ferguson's comments about the quality of this team either, he's obviously going to try to build up their confidence.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:21 am

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:And documentaries are often doctored to show you what the director wants you to see, theyre hardly going to put him kicking a baby in it are they? Everyone can appear to be genial and cordial when they know theres a camera on them.

One of my sons has a sister-in-law who works at Old Trafford, and her opinion is that you "could'nt meet a nicer polite young man".
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:07 am

Not to belittle your character referee or anything like that cos I dont doubt for a second that hes polite, but how often do you hear the exact same qoute attributed to murderers and rapists after they've been caught? Ronaldo is obviously not that bad, but politeness and ungratefulness are two very different things.

As an addendum to my earlier post, Id say that I think the only place Ronaldo is truly better than anyone else is in the air. There are two or three players around Europe that could do a similar job for United, but they wouldnt be able to bring the aerial threat that Ronaldo does. The obvious replacement is the golden boy of the moment Andrei Arshavin, but others include Quaresma, who while maybe not as consistent yet, has similar qualities, and Ben Arfa who is three or four times the player Malouda is and me and my French pal Serge are baffled as to why he didn't play for France in the Euros. Arda Turan of Turkey is another potential option. Robinho and Sneijder could both do a job as well, though Brazilians are a risk in the Premiership.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:15 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:So what is that Ferguson got rid of both Van Nistelrooy and Keane due to fights with Ronaldo, so what is that he signed a 5year contract just last year, so what is that hes being really sneaky and underhanded about it and is showing no respect to Manchester Uniteds fans. Also his comments about not caring who he offends because it's his decision show a distinct lack of respect to Ferguson, who turned him from a whining, crying numpty who did too many stepovers and didn't have a final ball to a whining, crying numpty who scored 40+ goals in a season. I personally would have a lot more respect for him if he'd just come out and said 'look I want to leave' rather than helping to engineer a move through the media.

Totally agree!!! Can't add anything more as it says it all. Also, I don't doubt for a minute he's a polite young man but when Mr Govangirl took our son last year up to Old Trafford, Ronaldo treated his young fans with arrogance and total disdain, refusing to stop whilst Rooney was wonderful, signing his book and really interacting with enjoyment. That really surprised me.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:33 am

Govangirl wrote:
A Horse called Juan Face wrote:So what is that Ferguson got rid of both Van Nistelrooy and Keane due to fights with Ronaldo, so what is that he signed a 5year contract just last year, so what is that hes being really sneaky and underhanded about it and is showing no respect to Manchester Uniteds fans. Also his comments about not caring who he offends because it's his decision show a distinct lack of respect to Ferguson, who turned him from a whining, crying numpty who did too many stepovers and didn't have a final ball to a whining, crying numpty who scored 40+ goals in a season. I personally would have a lot more respect for him if he'd just come out and said 'look I want to leave' rather than helping to engineer a move through the media.

Totally agree!!! Can't add anything more as it says it all. Also, I don't doubt for a minute he's a polite young man but when Mr Govangirl took our son last year up to Old Trafford, Ronaldo treated his young fans with arrogance and total disdain, refusing to stop whilst Rooney was wonderful, signing his book and really interacting with enjoyment. That really surprised me.

Yeah, having one virtue doesn't make you virtuous.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat