I forgot how bad this was

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

I forgot how bad this was

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Looking at this mainly because the Italians are starting to say there is a vendetta against them again this year. This video is of the 2nd round and quarter finals of the World Cup in 2002. The decisions are mindboggling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iW8pDn ... re=related

Haha, nearly forgot to put the youtube link in.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: I forgot how bad this was

Postby FACEMAN » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:03 pm

Good post face .When you watch the video in that sequence it raises eye brows. Especially the spain ball out the park goal? What was that about? :? :? :?
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!
FACEMAN
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:58 am

Just saw Luca Toni's disallowed goal. Ridiculous decision, wasnt even close to being offside, and Del Piero was level, but his positioning should be irrelevant anyway. It's that bad a decision that when Panucci scored, the first thing Del Piero did was check the linesman, he thought it mightve been flagged again. For me, this renaming of linesman as referee's assistants has given them an inflated sense of their job. They are there to call offsides, not watch for scuffles in the middle of the park. Plebs.

Not in the slightest bit relevant to the tournament, but I was reading about Panucci and how he was meant to be on that TWA 800 flight that exploded in 96. Don't suppose anyone knows why he changed his plans. Lucky man anyway.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:30 pm

Aye there's a huge footballing conspiracy against the Italians right enough. Alan Hutton should've been sent off for that assault at Hampden in November, not just penalised with the free kick that led to their winner :roll:
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Is that....Could it be.....It is!! The sound of bitterness. Aye, the Italians are moaning bastards, but the Toni decision was ridiculous and I dont think that was a penalty either, but they seem to have quickly forgotten about Grosso's dive against the Australians. Contrary to the numpties over here, I still think Italy would've won that game anyway, but it should never have been a penalty.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bakbjerg » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:54 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:Looking at this mainly because the Italians are starting to say there is a vendetta against them again this year. This video is of the 2nd round and quarter finals of the World Cup in 2002. The decisions are mindboggling....

True horror. So here's the best of all arguments for bringing in the video as support for the referee; to catch up with seroius offences, that can best be seen on video, slow motion / or because the referee looks the other way. An elbow in the head or ...
highlander wannabee
http://www.bakbjerg.com (private)
http://www.insu.biz (work)
bakbjerg
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:13 pm

I agree that this is horrific bakbjerg but can't say using video is a good thing to bring in. It would slow down the game. Surely debating the referee's judgement is part of the game and any controversy is why football is enjoyed by so many? What would all you men have to talk about over a pint or on this thread if that controversy was taken away. No, let's keep blaming the referee!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bakbjerg » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Govangirl wrote:I agree that this is horrific bakbjerg but can't say using video is a good thing to bring in. It would slow down the game. Surely debating the referee's judgement is part of the game and any controversy is why football is enjoyed by so many? What would all you men have to talk about over a pint or on this thread if that controversy was taken away. No, let's keep blaming the referee!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I don't think it would have to slow down the game. It doesn't seem to be any factor in icehockey, american football or ... It's just a matter of time before a euro or world cup final is going the completely wrong way, because of a referee mistake. For a start it could just be used for decision about the ball being over the line, a player filming an offence, or perhaps an hidden elbow in the face. To take away the last two kinds of offences, by a video team in electronic contact with the referee would really help the game, and perhaps even take away a lot of arguing on the field. But of course also a lot of debate in the forum or the pubs :wink:
highlander wannabee
bakbjerg
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:32 pm

[quote="bakbjerg"]
I don't think it would have to slow down the game. It doesn't seem to be any factor in icehockey, american football or ... /quote]

I can't agree there. Ice hockey turns me off because of all the stops to check evidence and are you kidding about American football??????!!!!!! :roll:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bakbjerg » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Govangirl wrote:
bakbjerg wrote:...I can't agree there. Ice hockey turns me off because of all the stops to check evidence and are you kidding about American football??????!!!!!! :roll:

I don't believe all the interruptions in icehockey and American football is related to the examples i mentioned above. If an offender knew he would have a high risk of being caught on video, I assume that would work very preventive and thereby cut down the horrific scenes seriously. And I would any time prefer an interruption for dealing a card rather than accepting the violence.
highlander wannabee
bakbjerg
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Sport Chit Chat