Hamilton's win

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Hamilton's win

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:12 pm

bigchang wrote:hopefully my very good lady remembered skyplus, sittin in Saccremento airport readin about it eenoo, canna wait to watch it Tuesday. :cry:

Oh what a treat you have in store then!!!! I've watched it three times already!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Oh dear, Ron Dennis has gone and spoiled it for me - He's just said thank you 'to all the English fans' :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Govangirl wrote:Oh dear, Ron Dennis has gone and spoiled it for me - He's just said thank you 'to all the English fans' :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You just beat me to it again!!!! Can somebody please relay to McLaren that even though we are Scottish and gutted for Coulthard on his last race we absolutely love and respect the BRITISH driver Lewis Hamilton!!!!!!!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Aye, there is no getting away from it, he is as British as Chris Hoy and Andy Murray. :roll:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:56 pm

gizmo wrote:Aye, there is no getting away from it, he is as British as Chris Hoy and Andy Murray. :roll:

:roll: Yes, he is gizmo! Down here, there are loads of 'Brit' Murray fans. I have a colleague who follows his every move and is always saying how great it is to have a British champion.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 pm

Lewis Hamiltons got a cousin that lives in Southend,did you know that?
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:58 pm

c'mon then Arto.....what's the punch line? :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:52 am

No punch line John....i worked last year in Norway with Lewis Hamilton,he was a scaffolder from Port Glasgow,and he told me that his cousin wee Sammy mcNair used to live in Southend.

small world eh!!! :roll:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:14 pm

It was reported on this morning`s radio news that he is the first black British champion.Does his colour bear any relevance?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Hitman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Hamilton's Win???

Looked to me like he was let through at the corner due to his good pal glock slowing down for him. A poor finish to a cracking season.

Hamilton never had the stones to try and win the race, Massa was superb yesterday.
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby giantredwood » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:01 pm

The Hitman wrote:Hamilton's Win???

Looked to me like he was let through at the corner due to his good pal glock slowing down for him. A poor finish to a cracking season.

Hamilton never had the stones to try and win the race, Massa was superb yesterday.

Hamilton lost this particular battle but won the war. The title is won over the course of a season not on a single race. If Glock had wanted to hand Hamilton the title then he would simply have came into the pits to change onto wet tyres just like the rest of them and then there would have been no more of these daft suggestions that he slowed down deliberately. But nothing beats these nonsensical conspiracy theories for a good story or if you happen not to like Hamilton.

It was a superb finish to the race, excitement right to the finish line. Almost as good as Man Utd winning the Champions League with that last gasp winner from Solskjaer against Bayern Munich.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:44 pm

abbey craig wrote:No punch line John....i worked last year in Norway with Lewis Hamilton,he was a scaffolder from Port Glasgow,and he told me that his cousin wee Sammy mcNair used to live in Southend.

small world eh!!! :roll:

PMSL :D :wink:

Hamilton won fair and square...Glock didn't change his tyres and that slowed him down....the Hamilton team's decision to change only JUST worked....but work it did and he is the world champion.

Not that I know anything about it and until last night did not really pay much attention to this years championship.... :roll:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Neco » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm

I thought they got beat on saturday by Motherwell.
Neco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Govangirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:54 pm

I agree with all the comments about Glock - Hamilton won fair and square over a whole season. And yes, Massa was superb too which makes for an exciting season next year!

As for colour mattering, Roger, I think it does, particularly to him. I couldn't care whether he was green or purple myself but the fact is it is relevant for the history books and it also emphasises the achievement of minorities in what was a totally white-dominated sport. Now there are children that can be told, 'You too could be a World Racing Driver when you grow up' just as after tomorrow (hopefully) there will be more children that can be told, 'You too could hold the highest office in the land' and if these positions weren't available to them before, it matters. I think.
(and he isn't black either, he's mixed race.)
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Good to see some common sense prevail in todays decision by the FIA.

Brawn GP/Williams and Toyota can continue with the design of the diffuser fitted to their cars.

So good news for Jenson Button.

All turned sour now for Lewis Hamilton,now that we see his true colors,his reputation lies in tatters.

"It hardly needs stating that, in leading the stewards on a merry dance, he was not only staking a claim to points to which he had no right, but he was also, by implication, calling Jarno Trulli a liar and a cheat. He was implying that Trulli’s claim that he had been allowed to overtake was a deception; that it was right and proper for Trulli to be handed a 25-second penalty, robbing him of points. In short, he was prepared to trash a fellow driver’s reputation and opening race in pursuit of a measly extra point in the drivers’ championship."
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat