Gers v Arabs

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Gers v Arabs

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat May 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Just watched today,s game, and ok Rangers got the 3 points no arguements there.
I sat and watched McCurrie making some off the worst referee decisions I have seen in years, ie..
1. It was a clear penalty when Weir brought down Hunt.
2. Dundee utd,s disallowed goal should have stood, it clearly came of Weir,s shin.
3. Cousin should have been RED carded for his head butt at Wilkie.
4. Utd manager should have been sent to the stand for his angry antics, although they were justified.
5. I clocked nearly 6 minutes of hold ups in the second half, and only 3 were added on
This has got to be the worst referee in the scottish game, or he just had another one of his bad games, he has just ripped the chance of uefa football next year, away from Dundee Utd with those decisions, but hey, after this there can be no more (everyone is against us crap) that has hit the news for the last month, because the mighty Rangers definately got the breaks today, no doubt about that. GAME ON.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Gers v Arabs

Postby oorly gourlay » Sat May 10, 2008 3:08 pm

I couldn't agree more with this post. Mike McCurry would do well to keep clear of Craig Levein in the Ibrox tunnel, I have never heard an angrier manager and justifiably so. If McCurry has a conscience, he'll review his performance today and never mind the Whistleblower site, he should do the decent thing and resign. The same applies to his myopic linesmen.

No help from Scottish officialdom Walter, hmmm?

oorly

Who stole my avatar?
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby daftdog » Sat May 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Totally agree Ninja, referee was a disgrace today..

I'm curious though... why did you not start a thread about Steve Conroy's performance last Saturday at Fir Park ?? :wink:

Seems both sides of the OF get favourable decisions that cost other clubs points. :roll:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Jock Strap » Sat May 10, 2008 5:02 pm

Shocking decisions today.

Interview with Craig Levein is interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 390628.stm
Jock Strap
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby dustybin » Sat May 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Come on the Hibs :D
dustybin
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat May 10, 2008 5:54 pm

daftdog wrote:Totally agree Ninja, referee was a disgrace today..

I'm curious though... why did you not start a thread about Steve Conroy's performance last Saturday at Fir Park ?? :wink:

Seems both sides of the OF get favourable decisions that cost other clubs points. :roll:

Beacause I never watched that game through the same colour of eyes as this I did this 1, Paul, tell you what else I saw this week, Big Bob Malcolm playing a blinder against the Tic, then doing nothing against the Gers, sometimes the players try not to hinder their ex teams chances of winning. It happens, but its not right. Corruption of a kind is all through our game.
dustybin wrote:Come on the Hibs :D

I have this horrible feeling that the Hibees will stuff us tomorrow :( or was that just a bad dream.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Sat May 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Saw the first half only, but have heard the refereeing was atrocious. End of the day - 3 points :D
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Hume » Sat May 10, 2008 10:45 pm

oorly gourlay wrote:If McCurry has a conscience, he'll review his performance today and never mind the Whistleblower site, he should do the decent thing and resign.

Quite right oorly, but I'll not be getting my hopes up. Instead, I fully expect him to be given Aberdeen v Rangers on 22nd as a reward.

I didn't see the game at Ibrox today but from what I've heard he can't even hide behind incompetence this time. No wonder Levein was raging, I feel sorry for him having to see that today after the CIS Cup Final.

Seems like Aberdeen have been dealt a costly one by the officals today too at Motherwell. Not that I could say for sure but I think ball crossed the line at 1-1 not long after our equaliser and at a time when we were really going at them. Wasn't given and a few minutes later they scored again to kill it off. I'll need to see the TV pics.

Anyway, if Motherwell can see of just Hibs now they are in the UEFA cup so congratulations to them. Also, well done to John Boyle for making it a fiver in today, it was a good crowd and a great atmosphere.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The modfather » Sun May 11, 2008 11:04 am

Ninja Mania wrote:Just watched today,s game, and ok Rangers got the 3 points no arguements there.
I sat and watched McCurrie making some off the worst referee decisions I have seen in years, ie..
1. It was a clear penalty when Weir brought down Hunt.
2. Dundee utd,s disallowed goal should have stood, it clearly came of Weir,s shin.
3. Cousin should have been RED carded for his head butt at Wilkie.
4. Utd manager should have been sent to the stand for his angry antics, although they were justified.
5. I clocked nearly 6 minutes of hold ups in the second half, and only 3 were added on
This has got to be the worst referee in the scottish game, or he just had another one of his bad games, he has just ripped the chance of uefa football next year, away from Dundee Utd with those decisions, but hey, after this there can be no more (everyone is against us crap) that has hit the news for the last month, because the mighty Rangers definately got the breaks today, no doubt about that. GAME ON.

It shows you how rangers don't get decisions often if this is the fuss it causes.
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby king of kilcousland » Sun May 11, 2008 12:04 pm

Don't kid yourself, Rangers AND Celtic both get decisions going their way all through the season, It's actually a farce the way referees bend over to the old firm. Best interview I've heard from a manager in a long time, although he will get a fine and probably a ban for just telling the truth and speaking out against the people who really control scottish football, i.e the old firm. The time has come for the ten real clubs in the spl (Hamilton, not gretna included) to breakaway and rejoin the sfl, and leave Celtic and Rangers to just play each other thirty times a season cos no other league is going to have them, although that might mean having an extra thirty public holidays every year.
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun May 11, 2008 1:38 pm

The modfather wrote:
It shows you how rangers don't get decisions often if this is the fuss it causes.

Is this a serious quote you have just made Mod, or is it a bloo one, because if you think that your statement is true then your needing your brain rinsed out with bleach, cause you are the only one who thinks this, with regards to yesterdays game anyway.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gers#1fan » Sun May 11, 2008 3:28 pm

referee had a shocker!
gers#1fan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby The modfather » Sun May 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Ninja Mania wrote:
The modfather wrote:

Is this a serious quote you have just made Mod, or is it a bloo one, because if you think that your statement is true then your needing your brain rinsed out with bleach, cause you are the only one who thinks this, with regards to yesterdays game anyway.

there really is no doubt that sarcasm is lost on you

It was a penalty

I havent seen the "goal" yet but im told it was a goal?, but with regards to your original point, it evens itself out over the course of a season. Your not telling me that celtc have not had "luck" on their side?

Its good enough that happened to dundee united, they were one of the clubs who rejected our plea for the season to be extended

Thats karma for you
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun May 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Your not getting the point I was making at all. I was refering to the poor state of the refereeing in our games, not the fact that the mighty Gers were awarded 3 points from a very biased ref. Jeeso man how many times has it happened to us, does,nt make it right tho, no wonder the other 10 clubs want to split away from the old firm, because both the old firm teams are getting decisions they should not be getting, and because of this we will never get a true reflection on just how good they really are, will we.
Dont think a 2 team league would be worth the sentanta fee,s do you.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Sun May 11, 2008 8:12 pm

McCurry seems to have a problem giving big decisions against Rangers, for whatever reason. :roll:
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat