Leaked SPL memo-April 08

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Leaked SPL memo-April 08

Postby The modfather » Sun May 04, 2008 1:46 pm

To : All Matchday Officials

Re : SPL Split Fixtures

It will not have escaped your notice, that Glasgow Rangers FC seem to be favourites for this years SPL championship. To this end, I insist that all match officials take the following steps.

While i recognise, and indeed appreciate, that certain officials have used their own initative this season to have already taken these steps, I would urge referees and assistant referees to work closely to ensure that a) unless 80/20 or better, no decisions given to Glasgow Rangers, and b) unless blatantly wrong AND you cannot claim to have been incorrectly positioned, decisions must favour Glasgow Celtic.

With regards to television eveidence and bad press, be rest assured, that we have spoken with our friends in the media, and there will be little, if anything at all, broadcast to the nation regarding refereeing decisions.

I would strongly suggest, that in games involving Glasgow Celtic, if they require some additional assistance, you start by awarding them set plays wherever possible, be flexible with the offside rule, and be on the lookout for ANY contact, which includes breathing, on any of their players, and act accordingly.

At this stage of the season suspensions start to mount, as you are aware, and I insist that players of Glasgow Celtic be treated with sympathy should they mistime a tackle. Players of Glasgow Rangers should be treated in the usual method.

If their opposition should indeed score against Celtic, it is imperitif that this "goal" not be awarded. We would encourage you to be forward thinking as to the reasons you have disallowed it, although you can be assured of the support of the match supervisor, the media and of course the SPL.

The SPL have taken additional steps in house, which include, but are not limited to, appointing ONLY referees who can prove Celtic connections to games involving both the Old Firm, and ensuring that Rangers fixtures are practically impossible to fulfill.

With luck, Rangers will qualify for the UEFA Cup Final, and their supporters will get carried away with the hype of being involved in a European final. This will enable us to make doubly sure their fixture list is hectic, while avoiding any fallout.

I need not remind you that your status as a grade 1 official is monitored, and I am positive I can count on your support in these troubled times.

Yours
Lex Gould
Chairman
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Leaked SPL memo-April 08

Postby Govangirl » Sun May 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gers#1fan » Sun May 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Govangirl wrote:Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

naw far off the truth either!
gers#1fan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby giantredwood » Sun May 04, 2008 3:52 pm

That's what the rest of us have to contend with EVERY time we play either of the Infirm.
giantredwood
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun May 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Lies all just good fun lies, but posted by a now very worried Rangers fan.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hail to the Thief » Sun May 04, 2008 7:23 pm

So what happened today then? Shiels on-side and through on goal, and its stopped with a free-kick given to Rangers? Novo taking a dive at the first sign of physical contact? Ferguson hasn't been booked in the SPL all season, and yet can get away with having players by the throat and mouthing off at referees? And try watching Kirk Broadfoot take a throw-in and tell me how many times he's pulled up for a foul throw in Scotland.

Paranoia can get to us all at times, but the OF fans can really take the biscuit at times. Celtic have had a couple of decisions given for them recently, but no more so than Rangers get over the course of the season. Week by week they get away with the lions share of decisions, so for one half to complain about an agenda is simply nonsensical. You should try supporting a non-OF team, then you'll have a reason to complain about biased referees! :wink:

And for the record I thought the referee at Easter Road had a great game. If only the East Stand linesman hadn't made that mistake in the first half...
Hail to the Thief
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Sun May 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Hail to the Thief wrote:Ferguson hasn't been booked in the SPL all season, and yet can get away with having players by the throat and mouthing off at referees?

I saw him put his arms round someone who would not give the ball back, hardly having a player by the throat? Think if you hadn't had your green and white blinkers on you would have seen the Rangers penalty in the first half? Or maybe the Hibs players mouthing off just as much as the Rangers? Oh and lets not forget the, shall we call it, "simulation" of Steven Fletcher to get Carlos Cuellar booked?

As far as I'm concerned neither team did enough to win the game, life goes on.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby dr-sanchez » Mon May 05, 2008 10:31 am

giantredwood wrote:That's what the rest of us have to contend with EVERY time we play either of the Infirm.

true! :wink:

also, that report looks like its some sort of hoax but imagine it wasnt! SP-Hell riddled with the old bias :shock:
You again, you b*****d!
dr-sanchez
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Hume » Mon May 05, 2008 10:47 am

Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:
Hail to the Thief wrote:Ferguson hasn't been booked in the SPL all season, and yet can get away with having players by the throat and mouthing off at referees?

I saw him put his arms round someone who would not give the ball back, hardly having a player by the throat?

No, but maybe HttT was referring to the game at Pittodrie in December when he had Maguire by the throat and received no punishment?
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon May 05, 2008 10:49 am

dr-sanchez wrote: that report looks like its some sort of hoax but imagine it wasnt! SP-Hell riddled with the old bias :shock:

Doctor, take a chill pill and lie down for a while. Even Rangers fans sometimes have a sense of humour. Misdiagnosis there, methinks :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Mon May 05, 2008 10:57 am

Hume wrote:No, but maybe HttT was referring to the game at Pittodrie in December when he had Maguire by the throat and received no punishment?

Yes and I said quite clearly at the time said there was no defense for him or McCulloch's behaviour.

Lalala we could go on like this for hours

Forgot to mention that booking keeps Cuellar out of the St Mirren game.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 am

Where has the gimp-hater's post gone? I'd like a chance to reply to the gentleman.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dr-sanchez » Mon May 05, 2008 11:01 am

Govangirl wrote:
dr-sanchez wrote: that report looks like its some sort of hoax but imagine it wasnt! SP-Hell riddled with the old bias :shock:

Doctor, take a chill pill and lie down for a while. Even Rangers fans sometimes have a sense of humour. Misdiagnosis there, methinks :lol:

misdiagnosis? im a diagnosis murder addict, i dont know what a misdiagnosis is! :)
You again, you b*****d!
dr-sanchez
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Mon May 05, 2008 11:04 am

Govangirl wrote:Where has the gimp-hater's post gone? I'd like a chance to reply to the gentleman.

I thought this was another message board and that I was the Sanch, and that you had construed my words! Apologies. :oops:
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Mon May 05, 2008 11:09 am

dr-sanchez wrote:misdiagnosis? im a diagnosis murder addict, i dont know what a misdiagnosis is! :)

See, it worked!!!!!!!! Pass some on to Stone Cold!!! :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat