What your views on artur boruc?

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: What your views on artur boruc?

Postby The modfather » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:15 am

At the end of the day, it was worn to wind up fans.

He wouldnt walk down sauchiehall street on a saturday night and go for a pint with it on.

It was calculated and he aimed to make a spectacle of himself infront of the "audience"
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:35 am

Simple solution - stop players from removing shirts on the park.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Glory Blazer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:37 am

MJ I am saddened by your approach to this. You are clearly of a very blinkered opinion.

Boruc wore the t-shirt as an inflammatory gesture end of story.

a) He has never taken off his top before to display a logo yet he waits till a massive old firm clash to do it when he knew emotions would be at their highest. Everyone knows the problems with sectarianism in Scotland yet he waits till an old firm match to flaunt a t-shirt saying god bless the pope?
b) The rules state that no t-shirt bearing any personal view or slogan should be displayed during or after a match.
c) If a rangers player did something similar his antics would not be condoned, that was the point I was making.
d) Whats wrong with the man, going out playing a game of football for 90 mins and walking back up the tunnel, that's what he is paid for. Do you feel the need to remove your top after a day at work to relay some sort of message to your clients that could be construed as inflammatory?
e) Would you go to/or let your child go to a Rangers Celtic match wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with "God Bless the Pope", I doubt you would for safety reasons.

Anyway obviously looking through all the posts and their views you are in the minority of 2, so that tells it's own story. :roll:
Glory Blazer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Walt Jabsco » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:36 pm

MJ,

I usually do not post on this board due to getting caught up in tit for tat old firm debates that in the end serves no purpose to any meaningful debate, however, I am going to make a few statements on this subject .

1. He is not as good a goalie as HE thinks he is. I can think of at least 4 goals in the last year scored by Rangers against him that you would expect a competent keeper to save. He also sold the game against HIbs at Easter Road
2. He IS working his ticket to the Bundesliga or Premiership as he sees himself as too good for Celtic and the SPL.
3. He has played on his religion to ingratiate himself to some sections of the Celtic support.
4. I do not care what religion he is and the only reason I know his religion is because he has told us, on numerous occasions.
5. Not one of my friends who support Celtic think he is worth the hassle and bad publicity he brings to their club.
6. I would imagine that there were a few thousand Celtic fans at Parkhead that day who are not catholic and would wonder what he was doing and what was the relevance of the t shirt
7. Pope John Paul 2 died 3 years ago, therefore god could not bless him, I think, well I dont really know cos I dont know how it works, the blessing thing that is.
8. He has no grace in Victory and no grace in defeat.
9. He is known as a troublemaker in the changing room.
10. An offer of £5 million and Celtic will grab it with both hands
Walt Jabsco
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Man is just there to provoke the Gers. Bit of an idiot.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu May 01, 2008 12:01 am

Yes Boruc knows how to wind you lot up alright, so he must be doing something right. I wish you,se would all stop being so SHIRTY about oor Arto, he is only giving back some off what he gets week in week out.
You remember the Rangers doing the huddle at parkhead???? well what were they doing that for but to wind up the Tic fans.
What goes around comes around, move up and move on, there bigger loses at sea, and more important things to worry about, than a bloody t-shirt.

Im done now with this topic, its boring the sh..it oot me noo.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu May 01, 2008 6:48 am

ionnsaigh wrote:Simple solution - stop players from removing shirts on the park.

Theyre supposed to be booked if they do, at any point. I dont know why Kaka or Kezman have never been sent off for it, especially if they ever score a hat trick.

As Modfather said the tshirt alone is inoffensive, but why doesnt Boruc wear it against St Mirren or other silly teams?
If he wore it all the time it wouldnt be an issue. I agree he has the right to his religion but as already stated by Captain Bitter, not on the football field. To me its exactly the same as the Gascoigne flute thing.

Overall though, I think its quite funny, and Im not sure it should be anything to be bothered about at all. Youve got to admire the mans cojones for doing it too, either that or worry about his sanity.

PS Hes a much better keeper than average, you can mention mistakes he makes, but look at the so-called best keepers in the world. Cech against Liverpool last night for instance. Van Der Saar's recent propensity for kicking the ball anywhere but to a team-mate. Aye, exactly.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The modfather » Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 am

Ninja Mania wrote:Yes Boruc knows how to wind you lot up alright, so he must be doing something right. I wish you,se would all stop being so SHIRTY about oor Arto, he is only giving back some off what he gets week in week out.
You remember the Rangers doing the huddle at parkhead???? well what were they doing that for but to wind up the Tic fans.
What goes around comes around, move up and move on, there bigger loses at sea, and more important things to worry about, than a bloody t-shirt.

Im done now with this topic, its boring the sh..it oot me noo.

I really do not understand why every arguement about rangers and celtic has got to come down to " aye but they started it"
The modfather
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu May 01, 2008 5:28 pm

NO COMMENT.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Crabbit Jazz » Fri May 02, 2008 11:49 pm

Maybe Artur Boruc has became sickened by the way his religion is abused in public at every OF game and of the personal abuse he recieves, it seems he has become the new hate figure of the FTP brigade. Not condoning what he done but I do feel that he holds a lot of resentment regarding the caution he recieved, even though it was "officially" for inflammatory gestures. Also as Ninja says, I would be surprised if one Rangers fan at the game read the shirt as a) he wasn't near the Rangers fans, b)do you think the Rangers fans would have hung around at full time and c) only close up TV allowed anyone to actually make out what it said.

It's a great shame that our two largest clubs are so tied up with religious intolerance, of course maybe if Rangers hadn't refused to sign a Catholic until the latter end of the 20th century then the problems may never have arisen, just a thought.
Crabbit Jazz
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby jock the boat » Sat May 03, 2008 11:40 am

big boruc is a hoora man!
no 1 will want to play with me once the bloody swimming pool opens. toot toot. except Gen Jack
jock the boat
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gizmo » Sat May 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Celtic doing the huddle at Ibrox was a wind-up
Celtic doing the huddle was team building
Rangers doing the huddle was understandable celebrations
Rangers doing the huddle was a wind-up
The FTP brigade chanting about Nakamura eating pets is racism
The Bears singing about Nakamura eating their dogs is humour (although factually inaccurate)
Good old Artur wearing that shirt was only publicising his love of his religion
That knob was trying to incite a riot..
If you take life too seriously you wont get out of it alive.. A lot of this surely depends on how you view it, generally speaking as usual the truth is somewhere in the middle... It was ever thus, if you dont like it maybe following Thistle would be better for you... :roll:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat