Celtic vs Rangers "TITLE DECIDER"

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:42 am

daftdog wrote:It paid off, so maybe some of those "celtic men in the stands" aka muppets (well thats what Sheik says is their collective name)

Slightly out of context daftdog, the muppets were not the "Celtic men in the stands" who perhaps question Strachan's continued tenure, the muppet(s) was the person(s) who saw fit to throw a coin at the Rangers Doctor / Physio / Goalkeeper. The term didn't really apply to the approx 59,999 supporters (from both sides) who appeared to manage to control themselves accordingly. I believe muppets are universally spread through the supporters of all teams unfortunately.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:21 am

Aye yer right Gary, every team has them, unfortunately.

Ok ok Paul I know, but it will stand us in good stead for next year.
Prediction....Strachan will stay, he has done alright over the piece, we dont want to go back to that senario off new manager, new manager, new manager, do we.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:43 am

Ok Sheik, i just used your generalization of some Celtic supporters at that match as muppets to suggest i thought the ones calling for Strachan's head as muppets as well. Basically, i don't understand their reasoning behind their thought process that he isn't doing a good job. Domestically, in the first 3 years of their tenure, he has won the exact same as O'Neill (could do better if he won the league this year).
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Celtic vs Rangers "TITLE DECIDER"

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:43 am

Sunday 27th.
Celtic 5 Rangers 1 :roll:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:14 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:Sunday 27th.
Celtic 5 Rangers 1 :roll:

Are you going to keep that score until you get it right chief :lol:

Recorded the game.. would have predicted 2-1 to the gers. Heard the score, so no in the best of moods :cry:

Could be a real fight now, even with 3 games in hand.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:15 pm

I don't think there's anything at all between these two teams. With the exception of the first game where Rangers won it by a country mile, I think the rest have been incredibly close. Something I think is often missed in all the hullabaloo is that (with the exception or Barcelona) Celtic won't have played a more difficult team this year than Rangers. I also don't think you'd be far away if you reversed the team names in the previous sentence as well.

I think the 50/50 decisions went Celtic's way today, and I must also admit that I thought Celtic put in a few dreadful tackles. Rangers get bad press for being 'a strong physical side', but I would never class them as dirty, and I thought Celtic had a few late challenges today.

Craig Thomson I thought did OK. Most of the decisions were marginal: McDonald's 1st goal, Caldwell handball, Dailly Handball, Penalty inside box vs. outside box, Broadfoot booking vs. sending off, Whittaker sending off, JvoH tackle on Faye booking vs. sending off. All the decisions could easily have gone the other way.

Anyway Daftdog - I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think it's still pretty much in the bag. :wink:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat