Celtic vs Rangers "TITLE DECIDER"

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Celtic vs Rangers "TITLE DECIDER"

Postby Glory Blazer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Any predictions on how this will pan out tonight.

I'm going for Rangers to win 2-0 because of Celtic's need to attack and Rangers ability to defend and hit on the counter. 8) :D
Glory Blazer
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby gers#1fan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:04 pm

the titles already decided :) :lol:

1-1
gers#1fan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ionnsaigh » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Celtic 5 - Rangers 1 :wink:
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Rangers win.. 2-1 Celtic are missing Brown and Hartley has a knock.. not sure they will have enough battlers to score more than one.. so i say it will be a Rangers win.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:17 pm

gers#1fan wrote:the titles already decided :) :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1-1
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hee Hee, at least wait till the fat lady sings.
Now that mawgreegor is injured there may be trouble ahead for the bloo,s.

Your not going 2-1 friends with those silly statements. :D :D
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Crabbit Jazz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 am

Looked to be heading for the same old story, Celtic creating umpteen chances and failing to take them, while Rangers defend, attack till they score then retreat again nullifying the game. Thank goodness football prevailed.

One question, McGregor is asked questions time and again by Celtic and usually comes up with the answers, Boruc is asked a couple of questions in the last 2 games and failed both times. It's time he started paying back when it really counts.

Another question, Smith has to face one team all season who are guaranteed to attack and his tactics are the same every time, soak up the football and hope to hit on the break. Is this really the only way to play against your main challengers??

Quite frankly if I was a Rangers fan I would be pretty fed up with this "they're better than us at football so we'll frustrate them into submission" approach.

Any thoughts???
Crabbit Jazz
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:49 am

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash, but just found out that Caldwell and Weir were both sent off after the final whistle. What I don't understand at the moment is (and bear in mind it after 2:45am and copious amounts of beer and wine has been consumed) why Cuellar is banned for the next OF game, and Weir & Caldwell aren't? I take it Cuellar was sent off for 'serious foul play' and the other two for 'being persistently stupid in a built up area'?

Does Culellar's sending off take him out of the Fiorentina game? I know some offences transcend tournaments?

Anyway, I said Celtic got what they deserved in the last game at Ibrox, I think the same was true for this game. There were 3 well taken goals.

One thing they never asked Smith about in his after match commentary is - what's the situation with McGregor? I think if you take Cuellar, McGregor and Weir out of that back 5 for 1 week or more, then it could potentially lead to problems. (the cynics might say it isn't a back 5, it's a back 11 :wink: that's a joke btw)

Finally, muppets throwing coins is a bit of a worry, especially at a Doctor/Physio/Injured Player :shock: :oops: Maybe that's down to having an evening game during the school holidays when the muppets have had all day to get wellied? Maybe the school holidays have hee haw to do with it, and they're just muppets?

Anyway, although the fat lady still hasn't sung, I'm sure I can hear her getting on her corset and doing her vocal exercises - a short stay of execution is all this is. :cry:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:20 am

Shiek, the 2 players in question, were not red carded in the tunnel, but will be reported to the SFA, along with McManus who had a go at that wee bam Fergie.
Last nights game was at Parkhead, to much vino you did have :lol: :lol:

Cuellar, got sent of for delib/hand ball. Naka,s shot was net bound but for his save, as much a form off cheating than diving is.
If results go our way, and I mean IF, then the Tic could be 4 points ahead of the Gers after they next meet, and the pressure is on, if they go against us then no matter what happens next Sunday, the fat lady will be singing loudly, and probably Hello Hello blah blah blah blah...blah
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:13 am

Isn't it great when people come in and have a go at peoples predictions when they in fact never had the stones to make one public themselves :wink:

Handball is the same as diving ...hmmm.. makes me think MacDonald should have walked.. three blatant falls to the ground near the touchline when he lost control, but at least he found it funny he never got away with it :lol:

As for my prediction.. i got it wrong.. but at least i made one :wink:

I think sheik was just stating he said "Celtic got what they deserved in the last game at Ibrox", he wasnt saying last nights game was.. :wink:

I'll make a prediction before the next game on the 27th... will anyone else?? :wink: :lol:

The better team on the night won last night. Strachan took some brave pills and went for it by putting Samaras on after Cuellar was sent off. It paid off, so maybe some of those "celtic men in the stands" aka muppets (well thats what Sheik says is their collective name) can get off his back and let him get on with the job. St Martin aka Martin O'neill never won 3 in a row and never took Celtic past the group stage of the Champions league. It was his third season they reached the final of the UEFA Cup, Strachan has taken Celtic to the Last 16 of the Champions league the last two seasons.. his 2nd and 3rd in charge and won the league in his first two seasons and are still in the league this season.. its not over till its over.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:09 am

daftdog wrote:Isn't it great when people come in and have a go at peoples predictions when they in fact never had the stones to make one public themselves :wink:

Handball is the same as diving ...hmmm.. makes me think MacDonald should have walked.. three blatant falls to the ground near the touchline when he lost control, but at least he found it funny he never got away with it :lol:

I think sheik was just stating he said "Celtic got what they deserved in the last game at Ibrox", he wasnt saying last nights game was.. :wink:

I'll make a prediction before the next game on the 27th... will anyone else?? :wink: :lol:

The better team on the night won last night. Strachan took some brave pills and went for it by putting Samaras on after Cuellar was sent off. It paid off, so maybe some of those "celtic men in the stands" aka muppets (well thats what Sheik says is their collective name) can get off his back and let him get on with the job. St Martin aka Martin O'neill never won 3 in a row and never took Celtic past the group stage of the Champions league. It was his third season they reached the final of the UEFA Cup, Strachan has taken Celtic to the Last 16 of the Champions league the last two seasons.. his 2nd and 3rd in charge and won the league in his first two seasons and are still in the league this season.. its not over till its over.

What a winker :wink:
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 pm

daftdog wrote:Isn't it great when people come in and have a go at peoples predictions when they in fact never had the stones to make one public themselves :wink:

Tut Tut Paul, sour grapes with you.
I predicted a 3..1 win for celts, so if the goal had went in without the handball, then I would have been right. For once.
I predict Celtic will win the league, if Rangers dont.
And Fiorentina will beat Rangers, unless they loose to them that is.
You get my drift here. (I dont take the old firm to serious) as long as WE win. Hail Hail.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Peter.. No sour grapes with me chief.. i was making a tongue in cheek remark.. as you say you predicted 3-1, but not publicly before the match..

As i said, Celtic won, no complaints from me..

I even defended Mr Strachan, so i can't be accused myself of taking the Old Firm seriously.. I think if i look back at some of the sport topics involving these games i will be shown to not really give to much care to the outcome in life. I am healthy, so are my family.. Football isn't that important to me in that sense, same as i suspect you and many others on here and in scotland in general.

As for Juan.. i'd rather be a winker than a mutton molester :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby TYM » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:04 pm

I think both teams should have 30 points deducted as a result of the disgraceful scenes at the end of the game. :wink:
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:33 pm

2 players involved have been duly banned from the next game, I see no need to take it further than that.
Every team has done similar things before, during, and after games, including Hibee,s, so not much chance of any point deductions happening.
Tell you what tho TYM, it was a bloody disgrace that we never got to see McManus lifting wee Fergie up by the throat, wee sh.it deserved it. :shock:
Btw Paul, I predict a 1st division club to be in europe next year, im just not sure which one yet. :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby daftdog » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:59 pm

hehehe Peter, well thats a 1st division club who will get to one more final than Celtic this year :lol:
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat