Ctown Red Army Namecheck

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:57 am

Trapper wrote:twas masel! It was actually mainly a rant against darryl broadfoot but they cut aw that out!

Let us see it all then Trapper!

You're quite a regular on there now....keep it up!!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 am

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:
Ranald wrote:
A Horse called Juan Face wrote:Cant say I agree with you Tranny, if QOS have done all the hard work to get to the final then they deserve all the benefits that come with it, regardless of what it will do to the ranking system. If they change that these little teams will have every right to seek legal advice. You cant take away a prize just because you don't like who wins it.

Being runner-up isn't a prize. That's the kind of attitude that sees teams lose two semi finals.

Thats not exactly what i meant and i think you know it. The prize i was referring to wasnt second place, it was the place in Europe. If the rules state that QOS get into Europe from runnerup place then thats what they deserve. Its not fair to them to change it just because you dont like them. I thought my point was self explanatory actually, but Bitter managed to rally against it. :lol:

No-one will take it away from Queens this year but the rules are changing for next year. Everyone will know where they stand before the competitions start so it'll be fair enough.

My point was that you don't deserve any reward for being runner-up in anything
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

Ranald wrote:My point was that you don't deserve any reward for being runner-up in anything

So why reward second, third and fourth place in the league? 8)

Its all about the co-efficient and while it will be nice to see Queen of the South or St Johnstone 8) :wink: in the UEFA Cup next year it does'n sit will with the SFA and the co-efficient rankings. Rangers great run in the UEFA cup has already got the knock on effect of Gretna going out of the UEFA cup in the pre-lims (or first round).
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:26 am

Ranald wrote:[
No-one will take it away from Queens this year but the rules are changing for next year. Everyone will know where they stand before the competitions start so it'll be fair enough.

I prefer it the way it is. Just my opinion, I dont like it when they change a lot of things.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Davie P wrote:
Ranald wrote:My point was that you don't deserve any reward for being runner-up in anything

So why reward second, third and fourth place in the league? 8)

Cos UEFA say we can have two teams in the Champions League and two in the UEFA Cup! Unless we gave the winners of the first and second divisions the European places :lol:

As soon as G14 or however many of them are these days get their way domestic football will be dead in the water.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby king of kilcousland » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:20 am

The runners up of the scottish cup actually werent meant to be in europe this season, it was planned to go to furth place in the league, but the sfa forgot to send the paperwork away in time, I remember reading about it at the start of the season.
How many mothers to cry?
How many sons have to die?
How many missions left to fly over palestine?
king of kilcousland
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat