Chritiano Ronaldo

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Chritiano Ronaldo

Postby Jock Strap » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:45 pm

How good is this boy?

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ndlmuv69z8s[/youtube]
Jock Strap
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:00 pm

Jock - the thing that amazed me about this was not the fact that he tried it, but the power he gets on it from 10 yards out. The keeper doesn't have time to react and Scott Carson's no real slouch (apart from a couple of notable exceptions!)

Therefore not only did he have the speed of thought to attempt it, he also quickly calculated he'd need to get some power on it. Quite incredible really.

Be interesting to see what he does against Roma.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gers#1fan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:22 pm

fantastic, best in the world!
gers#1fan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Did he not leap like a salmon for that header :shock: He appeared out of nowhere and the power was awesome. Looks like job done and bring on Barca.

They did go out to Milan last year in the semi's (who had beaten Celtic in the last 16) what odds on history repeating itself this year with Barca?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:00 am

i wish i had to put a few bob on Man u at the start,theyre looking good to win the champions league

Liverpool v Man U final @ 11/2 with Paddy Power??
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:21 pm

David Pizarro says he is a champion but he has no respect for his opponents.
Sour grapes or an inkling of truth I wonder, savvy?
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sentrano » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Ronaldos been the best in the world over the last 2 years. I think he shouldve won world and European player of the year before Kaka. He only won that from his Champions League performances, Milan have been awful in their own league the last 2 years and Kaka hasnt been spectacular!! Ronaldo didnt do it when they played Milan in the semis last year but did it the rest of the season in the league, Champions league and even until the FA cup final (lets face it, it was an awful game and it wasnt just him who didnt perform)

Im putting on Portugal to win the euros, hes the main reason for that!!
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby paulmcw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 pm

I'd agree sweeny , Ronaldo is better at than Kaka, not by all that much but clearly better.

But as for putting money on Portugal to win the euro's, I'd keep it in your pocket as theres more chance of England winnng it this year! one man does'nt win a European Championship! , and we'll find this out when the Italians hardly give him a kick of the ball! (and i know Roma are Italian, but Man Utd are far better than Portugal)
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:35 pm

sentrano wrote:Ronaldos been the best in the world over the last 2 years. I think he shouldve won world and European player of the year before Kaka. He only won that from his Champions League performances, Milan have been awful in their own league the last 2 years and Kaka hasnt been spectacular!! Ronaldo didnt do it when they played Milan in the semis last year but did it the rest of the season in the league, Champions league and even until the FA cup final (lets face it, it was an awful game and it wasnt just him who didnt perform)

False, Ronaldos goal in the qf last year in the 7-1 game was his first in the Champs League for United in open play. United scraped through untl that game. Kaka deserved it last year. If Messi hadnt been injured so much this year, itd be a close call. And Cavenaghi is turning on the style now too. :wink:

You should be like Coo and put your money on Spain. Portugal dont have a centre forward, Stephanie Gomes and Helder Postiga are pish.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sentrano » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:53 pm

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:
sentrano wrote:Ronaldos been the best in the world over the last 2 years. I think he shouldve won world and European player of the year before Kaka. He only won that from his Champions League performances, Milan have been awful in their own league the last 2 years and Kaka hasnt been spectacular!! Ronaldo didnt do it when they played Milan in the semis last year but did it the rest of the season in the league, Champions league and even until the FA cup final (lets face it, it was an awful game and it wasnt just him who didnt perform)

False, Ronaldos goal in the qf last year in the 7-1 game was his first in the Champs League for United in open play. United scraped through untl that game. Kaka deserved it last year. If Messi hadnt been injured so much this year, itd be a close call. And Cavenaghi is turning on the style now too. :wink:

You should be like Coo and put your money on Spain. Portugal dont have a centre forward, Stephanie Gomes and Helder Postiga are pish.

His overall play was good though Face, just because he didnt score as many goals doesnt mean he wasnt good!!!!!!!!!!

Also I watched a lot of Serie A last year and Kaka was good but never consistantly performed to the high level Ronaldo did in the priemiership!!!! Messi could have got it if he didnt get injured but he wouldve won it through his performances in the spanish league and cup as Barca werent too hot last year in the Champion League which is basically my point on how Kaka won the award!!!!!!!!!!!! He deserved to be Champions League best player but too inconsistant in domestic competitions!!!!

On the Portugal arguement, granted they have no centre forward but they havent for years and always make it to the semis or even the final. When u have Ronaldo, Quaresma, Deco, Nani, Maniche and others, who I cant think of at the moment, u can get goals from other areas!! plus Veluso and Moutinho look pretty good this year. I dont see how u can write them off as there are no real outstanding candidates who look to be winners!!

STICK TO AUSSIE RULES FOOTBALL!!! :wink: :wink:
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Not in the Champions League he wasnt and up until the Roma game some of the media were questioning his ability at that level. Your bitter friend only stopped slagging him about a year ago. The Champions League is considered the pinnacle of football, and Kaka carried Milan to the title. Of course he should be footballer of the year, who cares about the poxy Serie A.

If Portugal didnt have a striker what the hell was Pauleta, and before you slag him you should note hes the alltime leading Portuguese scorer.

No outstanding candidates? Germany are unbeaten in god knows how long and Italy are the world champions. Just because youre winning at some silly fantasy league doesnt mean you know stuff right

Infact id go as far as to say that Germany have lost once since the World Cup. 3-0 against the Czech Republic, in a game played after Germany had qualified, so there
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby paulmcw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:14 pm

sentrano wrote:
A Horse called Juan Face wrote:

His overall play was good though Face, just because he didnt score as many goals doesnt mean he wasnt good!!!!!!!!!!

Also I watched a lot of Serie A last year and Kaka was good but never consistantly performed to the high level Ronaldo did in the priemiership!!!! Messi could have got it if he didnt get injured but he wouldve won it through his performances in the spanish league and cup as Barca werent too hot last year in the Champion League which is basically my point on how Kaka won the award!!!!!!!!!!!! He deserved to be Champions League best player but too inconsistant in domestic competitions!!!!

On the Portugal arguement, granted they have no centre forward but they havent for years and always make it to the semis or even the final. When u have Ronaldo, Quaresma, Deco, Nani, Maniche and others, who I cant think of at the moment, u can get goals from other areas!! plus Veluso and Moutinho look pretty good this year. I dont see how u can write them off as there are no real outstanding candidates who look to be winners!!
STICK TO AUSSIE RULES FOOTBALL!!! :wink: :wink:

google's a great thing :lol: :lol: is the Pinto brothers still playing? :D
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby paulmcw » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:16 pm

not quite sure how i manage all them quotes? :oops:
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby sentrano » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:53 am

A Horse called Juan Face wrote:Not in the Champions League he wasnt and up until the Roma game some of the media were questioning his ability at that level. Your bitter friend only stopped slagging him about a year ago. The Champions League is considered the pinnacle of football, and Kaka carried Milan to the title. Of course he should be footballer of the year, who cares about the poxy Serie A.

If Portugal didnt have a striker what the hell was Pauleta, and before you slag him you should note hes the alltime leading Portuguese scorer.

No outstanding candidates? Germany are unbeaten in god knows how long and Italy are the world champions. Just because youre winning at some silly fantasy league doesnt mean you know stuff right

Infact id go as far as to say that Germany have lost once since the World Cup. 3-0 against the Czech Republic, in a game played after Germany had qualified, so there

yes but your were trying to big up Messi as Kakas nearest challenger, he was guff in the Champions League last year, well not any better than Ronaldo!!

Yes, I know Pauleta was always good for Portugal!!!

You cant say Germany are OUTSTANDING candidates, yes I agree they are good and always do well when it counts. Obviously theyll be up there with Italy and France as favourites but not OUTSTANDING favourites! Christ, you said I should take leaders advice with Spain.......EVERY campaign the promise so much, then fail!!

My own opinion is that its not right just to judge a player in one compitition, I know they always get awards due to their performances in these events!!!

Thanks for mentioning im top of the league to everyone!! :D :D :D :D I KNOW STUFF!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:29 am

sentrano wrote: Christ, you said I should take leaders advice with Spain.......EVERY campaign the promise so much, then fail!!
:

Why do you think I want you to put your money on them?
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat