Newcastle utd

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Newcastle utd

Postby paulmcw » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:32 am

Out of long line of desasterous managerial appointments, surely this has to be the worse!!
its actually laughable, considering their pulling power, you've got to ask if the chairman has a clue what he is doing!
Although i'm quite sure Keegan himself has improved after teaching bus loads of Glasgow kids how to strike a ball accuratley at clowns faces, while dribbling round cones that flash!
Micheal Owen is going to love training! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry Dider Deschamp,Alan Shearer,Gerard Hollier. We're looking for someone with more expearance,,someone who can manage at the top level of club football,, someone from Braehead!! :lol: :?: :lol:
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:41 am

you're the worst speller ever sandringham

but i agree it is a backward step for them, and good enough for them as well
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Newcastle utd

Postby RINGO » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:06 am

paulmcw wrote:Out of long line of desasterous managerial appointments, surely this has to be the worse!!
its actually laughable, considering their pulling power, you've got to ask if the chairman has a clue what he is doing!
Although i'm quite sure Keegan himself has improved after teaching bus loads of Glasgow kids how to strike a ball accuratley at clowns faces, while dribbling round cones that flash!
Sorry Dider Deschamp,Alan Shearer,Gerard Hollier. We're looking for someone with more expearance,,someone who can manage at the top level of club football,, someone from Braehead!! :lol: :?: :lol:

You seem to know alot about keegans soccer circus.....

I ask why?
RINGO
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:24 pm

I don't see why everyone else thinks this is horrible? This is a man that took the Toon on the verge of the Premiership and at his time of leaving left them in the top 4. Reasons for leaving - falling out with the owner. Time will tell.

I do remember everyone saying at the time the McLeish was a poor appointment. That turned out to be true didn't it?
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Was hoping he would have been up for the Scotland vacancy :roll: :wink: :? :lol: 8)
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:16 pm

i do believe i suggested him for that post, only half in jest, pity he hadn't started two weeks ago, i'd have "just loved it" if he'd been in charge for the recent trip to the theatre of dreams.

still he can always be relied on for a good interview and nobody can really knock his track record, so what if he quit after getting beat by the germans, hasn't every england manager?
general jack o'niell

Re: Newcastle utd

Postby paulmcw » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:05 am

RINGO wrote:
paulmcw wrote:Out of long line of desasterous managerial appointments, surely this has to be the worse!!

You seem to know alot about keegans soccer circus.....

I ask why?

i've been!!!!! :oops: but i only went in for a look, and see if i could see keegan! ,,honest! :?
must admit i was'nt impressed, thought it was one of the most stupid things i've ever seen! but shows how much i know, apperently its a real success and the kids love it! :lol:
paulmcw
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby RINGO » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:18 am

Shame on You squirt.... :)
RINGO
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby sentrano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:I don't see why everyone else thinks this is horrible? This is a man that took the Toon on the verge of the Premiership and at his time of leaving left them in the top 4. Reasons for leaving - falling out with the owner. Time will tell.

I do remember everyone saying at the time the McLeish was a poor appointment. That turned out to be true didn't it?

McLeish hadnt been at rangers previously and its still debatable whether he was any good, yes he won 5 trophies, remember 2 of them were from when he took over from Advocaat halfway through the season!!!.

Back to Keegan, it is a joke, he took Newcastle to top of the premiership 14 points clear of Man Utd then bottled it! Left Newcastle as he couldnt handle the pressure, this was repeated when he left Man City and England as well!!!

To his own admission, Keegan hasnt watched the premiership in TWO YEARS!!!!! Hes been out of football for 3 as well!

Newcastle need to realise they are NOT a club who should be winning trophies all the time. Those 2 runners up spots they got in the 90's and 2 FA Cup runners up is the best they have done in over 40 years!!!! They dont have a history!!! Preston have a bigger history than them!!!

Ill be surprised if hes in charge by the end of next season. Awful appointment and the Geordies are loving it! They were unsure about proven managers like Deschamps, Houllier etc yet want some bottler who has won NOTHING as a manager!!!!....exept promotion with Fulham but that was because they were in the 2nd division and Al Fayed pumped in a helluva money to buy players!!!
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:04 pm

sentrano wrote:Al Fayed pumped in a helluva money to buy players!!!

Never thought I'd see the words Al Fayed and pumped outside of a story about Diana
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:57 pm

at last, this thread has found its level, damn but i wish i'd thought of that last post first

c'mon wee kevin, roll on next season, as has been said, they have no history, whats with clubs like newcastle, spurs, man city etc where do they get the idea that they are "big" clubs, its Manchester United, Liverpool, Nottingham forest, Aston villa, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, much in that order, depends if you rank winning the European cup as being worth more than any other trophy or title, not too highly or you'll get carried away and mistakenly swap round the first two. blackburn's one title is worth the same as spurs and West Ham's FA cups, factoring in every season, no, thats too complicated.

Man UTD, the rest are all crap, best team of the modern era

modern era means with the advent of Sky, football didn't exist till then as we all know, the reverse is true with Scottish football and setanta, they killed it, the rangers v gretna game is the first i've seen that wasn't cancelled in over two months, good job they gave me a big reduction to stay
general jack o'niell

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:25 pm

sentrano wrote:
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs wrote:I don't see why everyone else thinks this is horrible? This is a man that took the Toon on the verge of the Premiership and at his time of leaving left them in the top 4. Reasons for leaving - falling out with the owner. Time will tell.

McLeish hadnt been at rangers previously and its still debatable whether he was any good, yes he won 5 trophies, remember 2 of them were from when he took over from Advocaat halfway through the season!!!.

Back to Keegan, it is a joke, he took Newcastle to top of the premiership 14 points clear of Man Utd then bottled it! Left Newcastle as he couldnt handle the pressure, this was repeated when he left Man City and England as well!!!

To his own admission, Keegan hasnt watched the premiership in TWO YEARS!!!!! Hes been out of football for 3 as well!

Newcastle need to realise they are NOT a club who should be winning trophies all the time. Those 2 runners up spots they got in the 90's and 2 FA Cup runners up is the best they have done in over 40 years!!!! They dont have a history!!! Preston have a bigger history than them!!!

Ill be surprised if hes in charge by the end of next season. Awful appointment and the Geordies are loving it! They were unsure about proven managers like Deschamps, Houllier etc yet want some bottler who has won NOTHING as a manager!!!!....exept promotion with Fulham but that was because they were in the 2nd division and Al Fayed pumped in a helluva money to buy players!!!

Firstly I was talking about McLeish at Scotland

If you ask Newcastle fans they don't expect to win the league they just want to watch good football, like Keegan provided last time around.

Deschamps proven track record - 1 Serie B title.

Houllier - Won a few cups with Liverpool - might have been the right man. Anything he wins at Lyon (in Ligue 1) counts for as much as Gordon Strachan winning the SPL with Celtic - in other words the ENglish think these leagues can be won my a monkey.

Keegan - Won Championship with Man City, 2nd Division with Fulham and old first league with Newcastle.

Just because it's your time of the month don't go spouting out absolute garbage.

Edit: Just watched his press conference
I didn't leave because of the players I had and where we were last time. I left because of different circumstances.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:25 pm

i know its not really the point but mcleish didnt do anything great for scotland, he merely consolidated. If hed come in after vogts who knows what might have happened. (still think the france win was more down to luck than good management), so im not so sure hes the best analogy.

And Newcastle fans would settle now for decent football, but come next season, theyll be expecting to be challenging for champs league places.

Deschamps also took monaco to the champs league final, but im not sure id call him a proven manager yet either.

Keegan was appointed again cos the chairmen knew the fans would be happy with that, and look - Its worked.
Knee jerk reaction for sure, but it might be a good one, who knows?
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby sentrano » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Stone Cold, c'mon lets face it, we had a great result against France and got a good result at home to Ukraine........then theres the Georgia game which we JUST won and Lithuania whaich nearly turned sour as well.
Then theres Georgia away, Pearson in the centre of midfield!!!!!!!!! WHAT!! McLeish, as with Smith, knew they couldnt take Scotland any further as they dont have a plan B or any idea how to progress a team!!

Back to Keegan, my point was hes been out the game so long and all the hype surrounding who would take over was mental, I think I was linked with the job at one point. I watched Keegans press conference, hes in laa laa land, he thinks he can do what he did 10 years ago (get a runners up spot)

Keegan only had one team to beat last time, Man Utd, now he has Arsenal, liverpool, and Chelsea to get 2nd......realistically he should be trying to better the likes of Everton, Spurs, Man City, Villa etc.

He hasnt watched the Premiership in 2 years, obviously he should have before taking the poion chalis!! Good football my arse, Newcastle fans were getting annoyed with his gung ho rtactics 10 years ago when they couldnt win anything.....It takes a special team to play stylish football and win trophies, Man U, Arsenal, Barca, Campbeltown Accies :wink: etc etc

by the way, Houllier won 5 trophies in 1 season, thats 5 more than Keegan in his managerial career! Deschamps took an average Monaco side to the brink of the champions league and my point with him was hes a bright young manager with experience in many leagues AND I was pointing out that its favouritism in Geordieland as they were questioning these candidates and whether they could handle the mighty Newcastle!!!!!!! Aye Liverpool and Juve are rubbish compared to the Magpies!!

Im just ranting now Murtle, its not u its just these fans ive been hearing all week that are enraging me!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:57 pm

I loved Mourinho's point to a journalist when criticised by his style of play at Chelsea. He asked the journalist who played stylish football, and he replied 'Arsenal and Man Utd'. He asked the journalist if he thought that Arsene Wenger was playing stylish football in 1997 (even although he did win the league that year!). The journalist said 'No!' Mourinho then went on to tell him Wenger wasn't really playing stylish football in '98 or '99 either.

The point he was trying to make was that you have to 'earn the right' to play stylish football - you don't do it overnight, and you never win anything with it at the beginning.

Re Keegan - I wish him the best, he's great entertainment, and everyone I know who's met him at Soccer Circus has said he's a top notch bloke. But suppose there's the other old adage about good guys rarely win anything.

I'll watch with interest :?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat