NFL and Campbeltown

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:02 pm

:wink:
Last edited by Rabmacd on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:37 pm

Rabmacd wrote:were asked to help out manning Kintyre Park

Rab, surely you meant the KintyreDome or, with the amount of Americans about, could it have been KintyreDrome :lol: :lol:

I'll get ma jaiket :oops: :oops:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:55 pm

There will be an article about Lawrence Tynes in the Sunday Express this weekend and a bit about him playing football in Campbeltown.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:
Rabmacd wrote:were asked to help out manning Kintyre Park

Rab, surely you meant the KintyreDome or, with the amount of Americans about, could it have been KintyreDrome :lol: :lol:

I'll get ma jaiket :oops: :oops:

Sheik,

there were no Americans aboot this lot. As an advert for American Football, I would say that it fell flat on its face. On a personal note, I thought it was a doze of keech, but that's my opinion. More like KintyreDoom.

You still running??
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:54 am

A bit more upmarket than the Sunday Express, here is a good article about him in the Scotland on Sunday.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=1719292007
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby joe_ruesgen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:35 pm

Anyone in the forum know anyone, or anyway, to get in touch with Lawrence Tynes? I stay about 40 minutes from Giants Stadium and think it would be great if I could go meet with him and have a chat with him about his time in the wee Toon...and also hook me up with some tickets to some games there!

Any one think this would be possible? Any help would be appreciated.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sweltered » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:06 pm

Try the Giants website, I think you can email the players on there
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby joe_ruesgen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:10 pm

Will do that the now. If it all works out, will certainly let the forum know.

Thank you.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 pm

I see Lawrence is to lead the annual Tartan Day Parade in New York on April 5. Good on the lad, great honour.

Also Sunday Times has article on him too

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 177383.ece
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 pm

great piece, now he's one step closer to being the first campbeltonian to win a superbowl ring, can't recall him having much to do in last nights game against the dreaded cowboys, next up lambeau field in the snow and brett favre's greenbay packers, if his giants win that it could well mean a scotland v "new" england final. as a redskins fan i can't be seen to support a divisional rival so i'm going for greenbay, tho to be entirely nuetral i hope the chargers win the superbowl

as long as art monk gets voted into the hall of fame next month i couldn't care who wins the superbowl
general jack o'niell

Postby Sweltered » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Congratulations to Lawrence Tynes on kicking his team into the Superbowl (eventually), with a 47 yard attempt in overtime and in -25 degree conditions. Impressive enough but when you consider he missed a shorter one in regulation time, keeping his nerve during the most important kick of his life was truly remarkable.

Funnily enough, I called this result at work on Friday. A colleague paid $600 for a ticket and flew up there Sat night, I told him Tynes would kick a last gasp winner to beat his team 8)
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:30 pm

i see we got the results correct eh? aye right you called it!!!

i was picturing him getting his jotters after missing the two kicks, but he held his nerve and made it count when it really mattered, "local boy made good" dos this now make him more famous than jimmy gulliver?

his name will be known in a few hundred million households this morning, oh and i see we are getting another regular season game next season. seattle, new orleans, tampa and i think kansas are the shortlist for the home team, venue is either murrayfield, wembley or cardiff, cardiff having the roof of course, it will be in october, so watch out for the pats V the bucs at the millennium stadium next season, thats my call.

i can't say well done lawrence, he plays for the wrong team in that division!!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Well have to say congratulations to Lawrence - might have missed a couple but who cares, record books will always show you as the guy who scored the winner in overtime to take New York to Superbowl. Funny that he ran straight off after his winning kick - rest of the Giants going mad celebrating in the freezing cold but he takes off straight to dressing room cos he is too cold.

Could be quite interesting headlines in Superbowl

"Scotsman Tynes denies (New) England Superbowl glory" :D
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:03 am

That would do for me Gordon.

I would encourage ANYONE to go to the game, if they have one over there again next season, it's much better than on telly
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Lawrence was on letterman last night (wouldve been wednesday night in the states i think). He actually came across quite well and didnt seem to be at all like i remember him and his brothers. The fact that Marks in jail pretty much does sum up my memories though.

And before anyone says, I have no problem with someone from the town making it big (even though he wouldnt pass the late great morris macintyre(different spelling btw)'s test), it just proves that Campbeltown shouldnt be a barrier to success in life. I can only judge them on my memories, and thats what i remember.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat