Grand Prix

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Grand Prix

Postby Malky » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:03 am

Starting a new thread coz the other one got hijacked :)

Trulli on pole for Toyota at Indianapolis. That'll keep toyota selling cars in the US :wink: :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

hi-jack

Postby bubbly jock » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:17 am

Malky

just came on to say sorry about the hi-jack. I'll leave you in peace going roon and roon. Think gen's away in a huff. He's maybe dizzy or he's got a short string.

See you in another thread. Oh by the way I don't think dorian believes me about the snowball fight.

vroom vroom

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:21 am

huff! HUFF!!??? I take great umbrage at your suggestion that I was away in the huff :roll: :wink:

Mind you, I would have taken the huff if I had paid good money to go watch that US Grand Prix yesterday.......nae wunner the fans were fizzin' furious, surely that was the whole point of the tyre rule......to make cars have to slow down at certain points on the course ie ....corner 13.

Was listening to the early build up to the race on 5Live and knew about the possible problem but was SURE that it would be sorted out by start time...turned on ITV !! Holy Smoke..........6 cars.......

Anyway, I know nothing about motor racin' and maybe I have got it all wrong....maybe it was the authorities fault for trying to make it more interesting.....well, this season has caught my attention..........

Will be interested to hear the real race fans' views and to see hoot they're saying in the paper.

One very well spoken but disgruntled race fan was interviewed, he was complaining about paying $80 for his ticket......I thought it would be a lot more than that in the GB GP......................emdy :?:
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:17 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:One very well spoken but disgruntled race fan was interviewed, he was complaining about paying $80 for his ticket......I thought it would be a lot more than that in the GB GP......................emdy :?:

About £100 for standing, £180 - £190 seated in the grandstand :)

Grand Prix is not that big in the US so that's why tickets can be cheaper. Nascar was running at the same time over there too, so two major motorsporting events at the same time. Indianapolis Raceway actually runs the Grand Prix at a slight loss, its other events will make up the shortfall. They want the prestige of hosting the US Grand Prix and are obviously willing to pay for it :)

Personally, I felt the whole thing was a farce :( :(

It's easy to point the finger at Michelin for bringing tyres that were unable to withstand the rigours of the banking at the circuit. Or at Ferrari for refusing to allow a chicane to be added at the problem corner. Or at the new regulations or whatever.

The sad fact is that there didn't seem to be anyone capable of some leadership there who could just make a decision and sort out the problem. As Coulthard said, 'mature' adults couldn't come up with an answer that would have allowed the drivers to go racing.

F1 just shot itself in the foot big time. There is so much internal politics going on. Everyone has there own agenda. I reckon there won't be another US Grand Prix now and Michelin will probably be forced out of F1.

It'll end up as a go-kart race and the driver with the best pedalling technique will win. :x :x

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sport Chit Chat