SFA Should "Say NO to the Gers"

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby Sweltered » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:46 am

Agreed, Birmingham is a bit of a step down
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Sweltered, what a lot of tosh you talk man. I know you're probably trying to have a laugh but jeeeezo!

Although this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, and I have yet again most likely been goaded into replying to your inane drivel, I would like to point out that the Aberdeen hall of fame was launched in 2004 and currently has 9 players in it. The plan was to introduce 50 dons players/managers/coaches/directors into the hall of fame over 5 years at annual 'hall of fame dinners'. This seems to have stalled in the last couple of years as there has been no update on the website (possibly lack of interest!!).

However, I have no doubt that Alex Mcliesh will be one of the people inducted into it when the time comes. As for your nonsense about him not being in the composite photo, Jim Bett is in it and he was a Rangers player!

Also the people who are in it are all fully deserving and a couple of them are scotland legends as well, it's not their fault you don't know who they are. I mean who would argue with Eddie Turnbull being in it?

And by the way Mcliesh still a c@*nt!!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bill » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:29 pm

Any plans to have Shaun the sheep inducted ?? :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:41 pm

:roll:
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm confused, i thought I was making a perfectly reasonable observation. There didn't seem to be any reason for calling MacLeish a C%nt I just though it was bit a of a harsh way to describe a stalwart of the last team that had any real success for Aberdeen. Fair enough to criticise his dumping of Scotland for Birmingham, but no eplanation of the logice behind the tag when he was a dons player

The hall of fame is a bit of a joke then? A one hit wonder...

I see Hewit was pictured, odd after his alleged track record...Also, Jim Bett played for Rangers in a totally different era, and he went to Aberdeen AFTER playing for Rangers..that makes a difference in many red tinged eyes.
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:02 pm

I'm not really sure what you mean about john hewitt. Could you enlighten?

Also I never he said he was a C U Next Tuesday when he played for aberdeen or when he was motherwell, hibs or rangers manager, but he was when he dumped scotland for a 2nd rate team like birmingham and a shed load of cash. In fact I remember his first game at pittodrie as rangers manager and he got a round of applause, although most people probably won't believe that!

In fact his disloyalty seems to be a new trait as he spent so many years at the dons and he holds the record, and most likely always will, for being the most capped don (77 caps).
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:19 am

Sweltered wrote:I'm confused, i thought I was making a perfectly reasonable observation. There didn't seem to be any reason for calling MacLeish a C%nt I just though it was bit a of a harsh way to describe a stalwart of the last team that had any real success for Aberdeen. Fair enough to criticise his dumping of Scotland for Birmingham, but no eplanation of the logice behind the tag when he was a dons player

The hall of fame is a bit of a joke then? A one hit wonder...

I see Hewit was pictured, odd after his alleged track record...Also, Jim Bett played for Rangers in a totally different era, and he went to Aberdeen AFTER playing for Rangers..that makes a difference in many red tinged eyes.

i dont get the hewitt bit either.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:10 pm

Ranald wrote:He must have been. We just didn't know it then. Should have guessed when he shafted Hibs to go to Ibrox tho :lol:

Got extra wide doors in the Trapper household... you're not the only one who posts on here :shock: :wink:
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:35 pm

Sweltered wrote:
Ranald wrote:He must have been. We just didn't know it then. Should have guessed when he shafted Hibs to go to Ibrox tho :lol:

Got extra wide doors in the Trapper household... you're not the only one who posts on here :shock: :wink:

Sorry, that's too cryptic for me? Trapper informs me he's heading to the town tonight so will measure them and let us know. :?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sweltered » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

he was on about not saying McLeish was c$nt at Aberdeen, he didn't, you did :D
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gillette » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Right, so you attribute something someone else to me then make some cryptic allusion to the fact and i'm meant to know waht your on about.

Still don't know what Hewitt did.
gillette
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Sweltered » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:54 pm

no, I never suggested Trapper made the comment, he assumed I meant him...
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gillette » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:08 pm

Well why talk about his reply to the hall of fame thing in the same paragraph then?
I think whats maybe happened here is you have mistaken something Ranald said for something trapper said and are too stubborn to admit it cos it means you must have made a mistake! :lol:

Still still don't know what Hewitt did.
gillette
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Trapper » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:16 pm

Just to clear up any confusion, the last couple of posts were done from ma dads computer without me realising I was signed in as him! :oops: :oops:

See, we all make mistakes. It's being big enough to admit it that counts! :lol:

And I've measured the doors here and everything seems to be in order!

Still, still, still don't know what Hewitt did.
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:18 pm

The hall of fame reference was in reply to The King of Kilchousland, not Trapper....and since I did not address anyone or quote anyone, I was replyin to the thread :roll:

tsk tsk tsk John Hewitt indeed
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat