British olympic team

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

British olympic team

Postby Trapper » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:47 pm

What opinions are there on this one then? I don't like the idea , I think it would compromise our status as an independent footballing nation, anybody else any comments?
A worrying aside to this is the fact that Walter Smith apparently thinks it a great idea. I read a qoute in a sunday paper last week from him saying that it would be great and that scottish players would love to be picked for it. In the same article it was said that perhaps his reason for saying this is that he is alredy the favourite to be the manager of any such team in 2012! Don't think the S.F.A. will be too happy at that!!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:23 pm

I agree with Trapper. Have never been comfortable about a British football team. Just think that the old beaks at UEFA and FIFA are waiting for the first amalgamated team to take to the park, then it'll be a case of lost identity as we are told to get the Brits into Euro/World cup qualifiers.

My biggest fear is that we wouldn't get anyone into the team!!! Maybe Craig Gordon right enough--he's no' let in any humdingers recently, has he??
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Auld Pop » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:31 pm

Aye he has, he let in 2 today.
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.
Auld Pop
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby sentrano » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:25 pm

Even ig Gordon got into the team, what other British players would? It would be England with Gordon in goal maybe Bellamy, Ferguson and Giggs on the bench. Suppose having Giggs on the left might solve Englands left side problem. Who would manage it? Probably some guff manager like Brian 'why do people keep employing me coz all I do is get teams relegated' Robson.

The team probably wont include the main England players as their teams would get them pulled out of the competition as it will be deemed a Mouse Mouse competition by them.

I for one wouldnt support the team as I couldnt bring myself to celebrating if Rooney or Owen scored!!! Or Bellamy, Giggs, Healy or any other non Scot, incase someone thinks Im just anti-English
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Sport Chit Chat