European Grand Prix

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

European Grand Prix

Postby Malky » Sun May 29, 2005 4:08 pm

What an awesome ending to the Grand Prix today. I thought Raikkonen was going to make it to the end even with that wobbly tyre but when it exploded on the last lap :shock: 8) 8)

This season is certainly more lively than the usual stuff of the past. It's good to see the Red Bull Racing team doing so well too. If Coulthard hadn't had the drive through penalty he would have been on the podium :) :) That's amazing in the teams first season. 8)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Formula 1 Racing

Postby Frosty » Tue May 31, 2005 9:51 am

It is about time that other manufactuers were racing at the front of the grid. David Coulthard is an exceptional driver , i'm sure he is driving on a payment for points deal too.
I'm travelling to Silverstone on Friday as a guest of Team Mclaren to watch the Testing for the day.I'll hopefully see all the teams there as it is the last test at the circuit before the race.
Has the luck run out for the Prancing Horse and Mr Schumacher ? ?
I hope so then we might see some drivers moving around the teams and better racing for the next few seasons
Regards
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Malky » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:09 pm

How did you get on at the Silverstone testing Frosty? Do you get close to the cars with you being a guest and all? 8) 8)

And do you know anything about Scott Speed the new RBR driver? :?

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Silverstone test Fri. 3rd June

Postby Frosty » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:42 pm

The test was very busy for both the Mclaren Drivers (kimi and Juan pablo ). Kimi was testing a new Ilmor Mercedes engine (mark 5 ) which was boosted up in power.
The No.9 mclaren was visually the fastest car on the circuit all day ,1.5 secs a lap on the timing boards at the end .
The No. 10 car was testing mainly tyre compounds for Silverstone and Canada , untill it suffered a coolant leak . Juan Pablo then watched kimi. and complained about his shoulder a lot , he still signed autographs though unlike Kimi , he was very secretive all day( my eldest son managed to speak to him and get his cap signed-after a 1 hour wait outside the door of the transporter.
The new Red Bull test driver Scott speed was there ,as was D. C. , Who only just managed to go faster than him . He looks very confident ,
even in the rain which came down at 1500 ,but it was great to see Kimi pass Rubens at Stowe Corner on wet weather tyres.
The Mclaren cars are going to be flying in Canada and America , I just hope they have enough races left to close the gap to Alonso.
What do you think Malky ? Who is going to be No.1.this year.
The team allow you to get very close to the cars, as long as they know you and you do not get in the way or ask for autographs etc. my son has a website at www.harryroo.piczo.com. There is a section on the test inluding pictures taken by him.
Thanks for your reply , all the best Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Silverstone test Fri. 3rd June

Postby Malky » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:47 pm

Frosty wrote:The Mclaren cars are going to be flying in Canada and America , I just hope they have enough races left to close the gap to Alonso.

Yes, the McLarens will be fast but Alonso will be quick too I think.
I'm looking forward to the Montreal Grand Prix this weekend 8) 8) :D

Frosty wrote:Who is going to be No.1.this year.

Phew.... I would have to go with Alonso because of the 32 point lead but .................. you never know :!: :!:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Silverstone test Fri. 3rd June

Postby bubbly jock » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:56 pm

Phew.... I would have to go with Alonso because of the 32 point lead but ............

Malky

You don't need to go to Europe to see all the fast drivers. Erchie bobs wife wid gie Alonso or any of them a good run for their money any day on Trumpton-- Campbeltown circuit.

I am bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:11 pm

Racin cars go roon and roon
an' roon an' roon
an' roon an' roon

Racin' cars go roon an' roon
but very seldom
up and doon.
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:34 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:Racin' cars go roon an' roon
but very seldom
up and doon.

:?: :roll:
Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

soothen

Postby bubbly jock » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:53 pm

Malky

The silage must be in. Either that or the heidricks are cut and lying waiting on the 22 degrees we're getting on Sunday and Monday.
Maybe he disnae know himself what it means :?: :?:

Or thursdays past and the lights are back off

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:37 am

Malky wrote:
4th gen Suthen' wrote:Racin' cars go roon an' roon
but very seldom
up and doon.

:?: :roll:
Malky

Jeest wan o' these nonsense poems alluding to and hinting at the boring repititiveness of Formula 1 Grand Prix racing.........

Although, I must say, it seems a bit better this season :roll:

Nae silage cut yet Bubbly jock, sure I am a Rainbow Warrior, a conservationist, nothing to be cut till 1st July........to allow the birds time to hatch their eggs and chickens to get away and for general wildlife......not ideal or correct, best farming practise but they pay us well for it and I like helping the wildlife anyway.....I am sure Malky agrees with me on this one.......

Silage! birds! rainbow warriors on the Sport Cht Chat threed...DavyP will be going mental.....thinking of a way of moving it!!
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:11 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:I like helping the wildlife anyway.....I am sure Malky agrees with me on this one.......

Yeah, you gotta work the system :D :D
15th of July before I'm allowed to cut silage by the way.

But back on topic. I must admit that the last year or two of Formula 1 has been dreich with the red car out in front all the time. Some of the best sleeps I got were on a Sunday afternoon :roll: :wink:
But then fitba' does that for me too............ :lol: :lol:

But yes this year F1 is a bit different. I think the new regulations are helping and I hope it continues.

Actually, rallying is my favourite motorsport 8) 8)

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:33 pm

Malky..............CPS 8)
4th Gen...........RSS :wink:

yep, you are right Malky.......its the ONLY way nowadays.
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:38 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:Malky..............CPS
4th Gen...........RSS

Malky................CPS + RSS 8) :lol:

Largiside folk are really good at working the system :wink:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:50 am

I'm the same Malky.....CPS 5 years ago RSS this year.......ALL silage straight into scheme...............many of my pals and neeburs dont approve an likely secretly mock.......but they are WRONG.....................

You will agree....tis the only way to keep a certain Mr Wright happy!!

Now I am away out running in this lovely June morning.... have already seen calving cows out the window.....all is well.
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:21 am

Well, that is me back....4 miles out to Keprigan (clue for emdy that gives a begger who I really am) then back a different route to make 8.3 miles...faaaaaaaaantastic...great way to start the day.

But from when I first looked out at 5.15 to when I set out, the sun had dissapeared and the mist was right down to the back door :( not quite as musc fun but still great :lol: :D

Malky, I would be willing to bet my SFP that you got your LMC up to its M.A. X!! :wink: and quite right too..........
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat