Barry

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby Trapper » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Pressley's sending off could be a blessing in disguise. Thats Webster getting fit and is in the Wigan squad tommorrow and Anderson should be back for the Georgia game. We also have McManus who I think is a good defender. Also by the time we play Georgia Smith must reconsider playing Dailly and Weir who are playing reserve team football. No disrespect to either of them as they have both been great servants for Scotland but our lack of pace at the back does hinder the way we play and by that time they most likely wont have played much 1st team football

You're bang on there sentrano.
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby sentrano » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Trapper wrote:
Pressley's sending off could be a blessing in disguise. Thats Webster getting fit and is in the Wigan squad tommorrow and Anderson should be back for the Georgia game. We also have McManus who I think is a good defender. Also by the time we play Georgia Smith must reconsider playing Dailly and Weir who are playing reserve team football. No disrespect to either of them as they have both been great servants for Scotland but our lack of pace at the back does hinder the way we play and by that time they most likely wont have played much 1st team football

You're bang on there sentrano.

Trapper whats going on, we havent argued in months!
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Auld Pop » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:42 pm

Maybe your that wee black goat oh his.
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.
Auld Pop
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:19 pm

deleted due to apathy on my part
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Auld Pop » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:48 pm

G.j, what the fcuk are you on about.
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.
Auld Pop
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby peenkles21 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:17 pm

I should learn to spell.
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Trapper » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:53 am

don't judge others by your own standards, i notice words of more than two syllable confuse you and mark you out as a sun reader, i wouldn't wipe a dogs erchie with that rag, we have a strict journalistic policy, if your sports reporters only have knowledge of one game, wear blinkers to real talent because it wears the wrong colour jersey, or feel the need to have a go at alex ferguson or anyone called ferguson for that matter(i recall ian and duncan got the same treatment) then, i don't buy that brand of chip paper.

don't agree with me? fine, i don't agree with you? fine, but don't come the davie provan, next i'll be getting told i know nothing about football cos i never played for the pupils

i'm robbie robbs love child

Who was all that aimed at cos if it was me(maybe flattering myself there) I wouldn't wipe erchie's erchie wi that rag either. Personally I'm a press and journal man!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:40 pm

Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Hume » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm

If we are playing three in the middle at the back then it has to be Webster, Caldwell and Anderson.

Webster and Caldwell, although still relatively young have plenty of international experience so no need to use lack of experience as a reason to play Weir. Anderson is by far Scotland's most consistent defender and should have been given his chance long ago. To be fair a lot of it has been down to injuries at the wrong times not just him being overlooked.

Russell is pacier than Pressley, better in the air and reads the game better. He also is more of a goal threat. Like Elvis he is a club captain so has all the required leadership qualities for a defender.

The Holland game showed why Pressley cannot be considered a top defender and the days of saying he's all we've got are gone, cos he's not.

I hope Russell is available for selection for the Georgia game and makes it difficult for Walter to leave him out in future.

I've been impressed with Caldwell lately, nothing to do with his goal but the move to Celtic has been good for him.

Webster, Caldwell and Anderson is a trio that could play together for a good five or six years whereas Weir and Pressley will not be around much longer at international level.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:14 pm

general jack o'niell

Postby Hume » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:26 pm

I think he was in line to get his first start yesterday but Jewell decided not to risk him - he can't be far away though.

Obviously I don't expect him to play against Georgia if he is not playing for Wigan at the time. If he is and is showing the form he did at Hearts then he should be in the team.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:47 pm

webster probably will be playing
i think russell will miss out again
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat