Scotland Vs France

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby Auld Pop » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:31 pm

Naw, we wur hump'd bae ah bett'r teem oan the nicht an av nae cumplaints, next march's dubble heeder wae Gorgia will mak or brak the Scots quest fur qualification, an wae a guid few 1st choices ganni be oot, wur in fur ah dooing ah feer.
But whoot dae ah ken aboot socker.
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I'm doing, someone else does.
Auld Pop
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Trapper » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:35 am

an wae a guid few 1st choices ganni be oot, wur in fur ah dooing ah feer.

We're definitely going to miss fletcher and McFadden but Pressley certainly isn't a loss. The man's a total donkey. A media friendly donkey mind you! I have to say as well I've been one of Barry Fegusons biggest critics but I thought over the two games he was one of our best players. If he keeps palying like this for scotland I've no problems with him captaining us.
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:25 pm

deleted due to apathy on my part
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Trapper » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:55 am

last posting is obviously by someone who knows little or nothing about football

First of all, I don't procalim to know all there is to know about football, just offering my humble opinion, however I'm pretty sure that most most people would agree, after reading your post, that all you know about football can be written down on a midges bawhair.
who will never let the side down if he can help it, always reliable, never shirks a challenge and never looks out of place

As you so proudly profess, you don't watch much diddy scottish league stuff, so how can you have an opinion on players you don't actually see play except when you get your safari hat and kakhis on for you big game hunting.
the ref reacted to the crowd and the penalty was just plain cheating by shevchenko, the france game was the same

So you think the ref was swayed by the crowd at hampden as well then? If so why didn't we get dodgy penaltys etc. Or does the ref just get swayed when it's by those nasty eastern europeans?
his scoring prowess is non exsistent, look at his stats at rangers and wolves.

Stats at rangers : 38 games played 11 goals scored , not great but seeing as most of his games were from the bench not too bad. Wolves : 190 games palyed 63 goals scored that amounts to about a goal every 3 games, same as his scotland record. Again not setting the heather on fire but not too bad. The reason he plays instead of boyd is because fo the tactics smith uses. He needs a player who can run and drag defenders with him to leave space for midfielders to make forward runs. Kris boyd is a great player and should play against the teams were expected to beat, but he does about as much running as legless turtle.
i'm brian of nazareth!!!

No, you're a tool.
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:14 am

Trapper wrote:
last posting is obviously by someone who knows little or nothing about football

First of all, I don't procalim to know all there is to know about football, just offering my humble opinion, however I'm pretty sure that most most people would agree, after reading your post, that all you know about football can be written down on a midges bawhair.
who will never let the side down if he can help it, always reliable, never shirks a challenge and never looks out of place

As you so proudly profess, you don't watch much diddy scottish league stuff, so how can you have an opinion on players you don't actually see play except when you get your safari hat and kakhis on for you big game hunting.
the ref reacted to the crowd and the penalty was just plain cheating by shevchenko, the france game was the same

So you think the ref was swayed by the crowd at hampden as well then? If so why didn't we get dodgy penaltys etc. Or does the ref just get swayed when it's by those nasty eastern europeans?
his scoring prowess is non exsistent, look at his stats at rangers and wolves.

Stats at rangers : 38 games played 11 goals scored , not great but seeing as most of his games were from the bench not too bad. Wolves : 190 games palyed 63 goals scored that amounts to about a goal every 3 games, same as his scotland record. Again not setting the heather on fire but not too bad. The reason he plays instead of boyd is because fo the tactics smith uses. He needs a player who can run and drag defenders with him to leave space for midfielders to make forward runs. Kris boyd is a great player and should play against the teams were expected to beat, but he does about as much running as legless turtle.
i'm brian of nazareth!!!

No, you're a tool.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:30 pm

Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:49 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:as you said you don't profess to know much about football

you didn't have to prove it by adding to your opening gambit, i wrote what i wrote before seeing thursdays papers, funny how the three i read appeared to agree with me as far as the ref goes, and i'm not saying anything about crowd swaying or homer refs just that the interpetation of rules by continental refs differs vastly from scottish refs who let the game flow and are less likely to be fooled into dodgy decisions. not even a coin to the napper will sway some!!

as to what i know about football? your entitled to your humble opinion, nah that about covers it, can't think of anything else to say about your opinion, weans are nipping my heid and i always promise never to resort to cheap insults, i'll take the higher moral ground and say simply

you'll know!!!!!

aye that'll be right!!!

i'm not the general, i'm just a very naughty boy!

COMEBACK!!!!!

id like to know y u think writing a load of gibberish constitutes a comeback
ur just a big smartarse hiding behind a computer screen
and as for boyd
when he starts scoring against decent teams then get him in the scotland team
until then hes a glorified darren mackie
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:24 pm

continental refs differs vastly from scottish refs who let the game flow and are less likely to be fooled into dodgy decisions.

Probably some of the worst decisions I have ever seen have come from scottish refs, the all time classic being les mottram in a dundee utd v partick thistle game (I think!). If anyone can tell me the decision they get a prize! And you just have to look at the last few weeks to see what I mean , the falkirk v hibs game was a classic!
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Trapper » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:37 pm

as you said you don't profess to know much about football

you didn't have to prove it by adding to your opening gambit, i wrote what i wrote before seeing thursdays papers, funny how the three i read appeared to agree with me as far as the ref goes, and i'm not saying anything about crowd swaying or homer refs just that the interpetation of rules by continental refs differs vastly from scottish refs who let the game flow and are less likely to be fooled into dodgy decisions. not even a coin to the napper will sway some!!

as to what i know about football? your entitled to your humble opinion, nah that about covers it, can't think of anything else to say about your opinion, weans are nipping my heid and i always promise never to resort to cheap insults, i'll take the higher moral ground and say simply

you'll know!!!!!

aye that'll be right!!!

i'm not the general, i'm just a very naughty boy!

COMEBACK!!!!!

Just realised that all that was meant to be a comeback at me. Pretty pathetic really, telling me that you're opinions are the same as the newspapers you read (3! You must have time on your hands) doesn't swing me to your way of thinking I have to say. I tend to form my opinions by watching games and trying to use an analytical process to decide what I made of them.
I don't read the peppers and say "see I'm right , keith jackson say's so".

And if you're not a real general you should be arrested for impersonating a military officer!! :roll:
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby sentrano » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:42 pm

food goes in here :D
sentrano
Active Poster
Active Poster

Mottram howler

Postby Darren » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:24 pm

Trapper, think you will find dundee utd (cant remember the player) scored a "goal" that hit the rear stanchion,bounced out,was picked up by a thistle defender(!!!), who then kicked it away out his hands and then big les(bless him#########) waved play on, no goal,not even a penalty for the handball!!!!!!! Never mind three yellow cards, where was the 4th official in those days!!! anyway,got revenge in the playoffs, nearly sent thistle to the wall too-shame! send the prize to charity if i'm right!
Darren
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Mottram howler

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Darren wrote:anyway,got revenge in the playoffs, nearly sent thistle to the wall too-shame! send the prize to charity if i'm right!

But you Arabs never and look who is the best run club in Scotland (in terms of Finance)! :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Trapper » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:30 am

Mottram howler
Trapper, think you will find dundee utd (cant remember the player) scored a "goal" that hit the rear stanchion,bounced out,was picked up by a thistle defender(!!!), who then kicked it away out his hands and then big les(bless him#########) waved play on, no goal,not even a penalty for the handball!!!!!!! Never mind three yellow cards, where was the 4th official in those days!!! anyway,got revenge in the playoffs, nearly sent thistle to the wall too-shame! send the prize to charity if i'm right

That is 100% correct it was anamazing decision. I've tried to find a video of it or something but can't.
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:00 pm

also trapper ull remember mr mike mccurry one cold night at pittodrie
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:09 pm

Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat