The helicopter is changing direction

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

The helicopter is changing direction

Postby The Boss » Fri May 27, 2005 8:33 pm

http://www.gradeonegraphics.com/gone/firpark.htm

The title will be heading to Easter Road, to Rangers.....the helicopter is changing direction.

:D
The Boss
The Boss
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

helio whatever

Postby bubbly jock » Fri May 27, 2005 9:26 pm

Sport Chit Chat
Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

I know you are new but if you can find chit chat and banter on the front page to post that crap about the SPL then surely you can see the above link on the forum index.

I have highlighted it for you and hope that you can read it clearly.

Intelligent creatures are not interested in your drivel about football STAY focused, post on the correct site or you will feel my beak in your nethers lad.

Bubbly
bubbly jock

Re: helio whatever

Postby The Scouder » Fri May 27, 2005 10:34 pm

bubbly jock wrote:[
Intelligent creatures are not interested in your drivel about football STAY focused, post on the correct site or you will feel my beak in your nethers lad.

You tell him Bubbly
Away with him before he gets a good scouder-lashing
Hope his next one's a hedgehog! :twisted:
The Scouder
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: helio whatever

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat May 28, 2005 2:03 pm

bubbly jock wrote:Sport Chit Chat

I know you are new but if you can find chit chat and banter on the front page to post that crap about the SPL then surely you can see the above link on the forum index.

I have highlighted it for you and hope that you can read it clearly.

Bubbly

Bubbly,

Lets keep things in perspective here - people are new to the board and anything which appears in the wrong thread will be moved....

As far as I know chatting about football and all other various things - this one was about helicopters - is also general...(actually I have just seen - no it is not!)

In addition, if you are so concerned about postings why are you posting about politics in the sports thread????!!!!! :shock: eh? eh?

http://www.awwhosting.co.uk/campbeltown ... .php?t=261

On another note I think it would be good for the board if REGISTERED MEMBERS avoid posting pash (the likes of this and the final minute one) that other people will bite at - if not we will end up the board with being mis-used etc etc

Anyway, can you notice I am not in a good mood! :?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

mood

Postby bubbly jock » Sat May 28, 2005 2:14 pm

Hing on in there davie not long now 'till the paternity leave.
I'll forgive your wee outburst I know the strain of anticipation is getting tae ye. :o

I'll put a wee something in the pram when you ower the toon for the silver collection

Davie Ithought I was registered. Let me know

Bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat May 28, 2005 2:22 pm

Easy chief.... :wink:

Everyone who posts are registered.

Just meaning perhaps those who are posting can be a bit more responsible about what is being posted.

These two threads are obviously going to attract the wrong attention and obviously chase away people who can see the board as being a valuable community tool.

Bubbly, perhaps it is the pratice I am putting in that is leading me to sleep deprivation :wink: :?: Or perhaps it is the fact that I am not away playing footie the day and am aboot the hoose....

I suspect the latter is the reason ..... :wink: :lol:

Anyway, am aff fir a pint...anyone?
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Sat May 28, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Boss » Sat May 28, 2005 2:26 pm

Fight, Fight, Fight........

Didn't mean to cause you two a problem!

You can put your handbags away, and I will promise to post in the right place next time!

BTW, the plane doesn't look like it is going to take off this afternoon - cloud too low.

The Boss

:lol:
The Boss
The Boss
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Mod2 » Sat May 28, 2005 7:01 pm

Davie, I moved this thread and didn't leave a shadow message in the general forum as I thought it might provoke a flaming match.

It wouldn't do to have Bubbly exploding in a puff of feathers :lol: :lol:
Mod2
Mod2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat May 28, 2005 7:39 pm

Aye - cheers - I noticed that.

I need to start signing on under a Mod name!! :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

gers - tic

Postby Kintyre Lad » Sat May 28, 2005 10:57 pm

Perhaps the likes of these postings should just be removed full stop?

Would the authors be offended?
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Mod2 » Sun May 29, 2005 12:50 am

Perhaps it would be best for members just to ignore incorrectly posted messages and let us moderators deal with them. If it's really offensive, PM myself or Davie, that'll alert us by email, and we'll pop in and fix as necessary.

Posting in the incorrect forum is not a hanging offense but slanging matches, offensive language and abuse will earn the member(s) a warning, perhaps even a ban, either temporary or permanent.

We have the power :) 8) 8)
Mod2
Mod2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

postings

Postby Kintyre Lad » Sun May 29, 2005 10:15 am

Cheers Mod2 - totally agree.

Was actually meaning postings about fitba crap. Although we all like a bit of banter I don't know if it is worth allowing these sort of postings - only for the West Coast of Scotland football/religion drivel to ensue...

Although, it hasn't happened yet it could send out the wrong message about this board which has been used very well up until now. If the likes of this posting and the final minute one are left on then someone will react to it, if not now, in months to come????

Just be an idea for the Mods to set their stall now and just get rid of the drivel???

However, freedom of speech and all that, perhaps??! 8)
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby The Boss » Sun May 29, 2005 11:24 am

So yeah, Kintyre Lad, lets just give in to the bigots ?

Whether you like football or not, last Sunday was one of the most exciting and momentous afternoons of sport ever to happen in Scotland. Most football fans, of any team, will remember that afternoon and where they were at the time.

WHY, OH WHY, can some people in the west of Scotland not get their heads round the fact that for the vast majority of old firm fans it is all about football rivalry and nothing else ? Do you think Man City fans laughed and laughed at Man Utd's FA cup final defeat ? Of course they did. Do you think that Spurs fans were cheering on Man Utd ? Of course they were. Do you think that Dundee fans will suffer a summer of teasing from their city rivals ? Of course they will.

So why can Manchester, London, Dundee, Birmingham, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Milan, Rome and all the rest have football rivalry and everyone treats it as just that, but as soon as Glasgow is mentioned, it is assumed to be all about bigotry ? It isn't. You read too many papers.

The Boss
The Boss
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Kintyre Lad » Sun May 29, 2005 12:27 pm

Your the boss! :lol:

I did hope my posting would get some reaction! :wink:

I agree with your sentiments and did think about that as I typed my previous message - the fact that I thought it was sad,if you see what I mean. :? :shock:

I do like football and I do agree last weekend's events were exciting to say the least. I'm not saying give into the bigots either but perhaps this isn't the board to discuss these issues on either??? There are plenty of football related sites to wind each other up on?? que....

I do also agree that the majority of old firm fans are just interested in football and nothing else....but there are ones who would spoil postings like this (I suppose, however, anyone could do that on any other posting too??!)

Anyway, good post, so some food for thought for admin and mods etc if they were contemplating removing some OF postings! :lol:
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Mod2 » Sun May 29, 2005 2:01 pm

I don't have a problem with normal banter, whether it be football related or not, but as I said above, offensive and abusive posts will not be tolerated.
Mod2
Mod2
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat