Utd Vs Celtic

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Utd Vs Celtic

Postby Neil » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:50 am

Went the match tonight,not long got in...had a few in the local before I came home ,
Plenty of the bhoys down tonight(nothing unusual there is there)Celtic fans had the full east t2 stand(upper,old scoreboard end) but there was plenty of them situated all over the ground....thought it was going to kick off a few times,I've spent plenty of games in the away section of most grounds in the UK(even in the kop)but showing the football top off and cheering when your team score can sometimes be very bad for your health(if you know what I mean).

Have to say that all the Celtic fans I bumped into tonight where there for the beer and the craic so hats off.

Oh btw we where s h i t and Celtic played ok ish but we still won

That's what its all about.

See yer in Nov.
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Christian » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:53 am

Celtic has Vennegoor! Must be a good team!
~The Flying Dutchman~
Christian
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:16 am

Boruc and Kenny Miller booked for next to nothing. The Hamburg goalie sent off because of Van Persie's dive........Jan Lehman in last years Champions League final.......FAR too many games ruined nowadays by teams being reduced to 10 men..........the game falls flat on its face.......I thought football was supposed to be a spectator sport.........fans pay a lot of money to watch 11 V 11....not games wrecked by refs following the letter of the new law.

Its beginning to put me off the beautiful game.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby peenkles21 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:41 am

Its not just the refs to blame, its the cheating players aswell!!!!
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby The Hitman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:55 pm

Personally I thought the game was great, Celtic did Scotland's footballing reputation proud and still got beat!! PERFECTION PERSONIFIED! :lol: :D :lol:
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Neil » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:00 pm

4th gen Suthen,plenty of players get booked for nothing in a game of football every week and i know what you mean about whats happening to the game regarding diving etc i have to admit that i dont think Ryan Giggs dived,yes the contact was minimal but if you a running and you get checked which Boruc did it is hard to stay on your feet,the injury Giggs recieved was due to the fall,penalty or not well some are given and some are not.

Not watched all of the game on tv yet but from the highlights Gravesens foul on Rooney in the box could easly have been seen as a foul?.I thought the ref had a bad game he seemed to busy following Rooney around looking to make a name for himself.
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby the ringmaster » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:27 pm

Any game which the tatty munchers get beat is always a good game.
the ringmaster
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby gers#1fan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:03 pm

lol i'd have to agree there
gers#1fan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gizmo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:35 pm

I think the Hitmans summary was perfect :lol:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:52 pm

Great game last night, result was not too my liking, but, on the night Man u deserved to win, and to beat the best that Scotland has to offer just shows they are up for it this year, not like last year.

But I wondered how our other two teams, Rungers and Harts would fair in the duffers cup, I mean Uefa cup, but as tonight scores show, they were s.h.i.t. but like the Tic, its not over till the fat lady sings, so lets get behind them all and give them our support, cause me thinks they may well need it.

I was worried that the Gers would stroll this years league, BUT IM NOT NOW :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby peenkles21 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:07 pm

It wasnt the duffers cup when you made it to seville.....
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby daftdog » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:00 am

peenkles21 wrote:It wasnt the duffers cup when you made it to seville.....

Well said peenkles21.

Ninja Mania- Look forward to playing your team in that very same cup just after Christmas mate..
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:50 am

They won't even be in the Uefa Cup
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:14 pm

daftdog wrote:
peenkles21 wrote:It wasnt the duffers cup when you made it to seville.....

Well said peenkles21.

Ninja Mania- Look forward to playing your team in that very same cup just after Christmas mate..

Its great to see you blue noses still remember that final in seville, considering your team was'nt even there, just proves to me 1 thing. YOU'SE LOVE THE TIC AS MUCH AS I DO.

Daftdog.. what a statement to make, (after christmas), christ you could well be out in 2 weeks time, try not getting carried away with yourself this year, on last nights team selection and display, noone would fear playing your lot. And I say that with a little dissapointment in my voice, as I really thought that the new manager was a great signing for the Gers, but so far he has not impressed me, with either his team selections or signings, and I know a few of your fans are saying the same thing.

Moldo are a similar team to Raith Rovers, so prepare yourself, you could be in for a very nasty surprise.

And Peenkles, when we were in that final in seville thats what Gers fans were calling it,duffers cup. Well what goes around comes around and visa/versa.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Ninja Mania

Postby the ringmaster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:54 pm

Thought you would be trying to forget about Raith Rovers, but i make no excuses it is a duffers cup and always will be so enjoy being in the big cup and no need to thank us the PEOPLE for making good enough progress last year so that your little team qualified for the group stages without facing the mighty Bratislava or other super powers of world football.
Are you suffering from small man syndrome :lol:
the ringmaster
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat