thank god the NFL season starts this week

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:52 pm

:twisted:
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby The Hitman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:55 pm

NANCY SPORTS! :?
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:00 pm

Last edited by general jack o'niell on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Sweltered » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:did you see trent green, knocked out cold for 11mins, but you don't get hurt playing gridiron, do you?

tampa were terribly unlucky

maybe i should have waited till tomorrow to write that? how could 11 QB change clubs and none of them went to the redskins? if we had a decent QB we would have won the superbowl and what do they do? got rid of ramsey and didn't replace him!!!!!!!

bring on the vikings

less said about that the better!!!

I'd just like to point out, that the Bucs lost opening day the year they one the Superbowl.
Also the Patriots lost 35-0 opening day a couple of years ago and went on to win it all!
Arenaball is actually more entertaining.

As for the 49ers, yes, but got to support the hometown teams, be it Devil Rays, Storm, Threshers or Tampa Bay Lightning.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:00 pm

general jack o'niell

Postby Sweltered » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:52 am

Neil wrote:General i can assure you Rugby League players dont pull out of tackles because of the injuries they might get but i suppose if you where padded up to the eye balls you would dive in with more gusto.Dont get me started on Union :roll: Union is a kicking game nothing more.

Rugby players are only allowed to wear skull caps(not helmets but these are usaually worn when coming back from a head injury)and shoulder pads(to prevent all the dislocated shoulder injuries).

I agree with you about contact sports and dont forget Football(soccer is a american saying) when i started watching it in the 70s was a contact sport but i agree it fast becomming a non contact game.

Anyway if you are down this way sometimes to catch a game,give us a shout and i might buy you a beer.

I think a lot of you have some misconception as to how much actual padding there is, or how effective it is. It's a sport, not a "we are harder than you" competition. The helmets and pads were brought in because people were dying. It seem s very narrow minded to dismiss a game just because they wear more pads than in the sport you follow. Rugby league is rubbish because they don't carry sticks, like they do in Ice Hockey. Now there's a sport for a man. See it doesn't make sense, Rugby and American football are different games played in a different way the ball is sort of the same shape, er that's about it. Most American footballers are far fitter than their rugby counterparts, they have to be. I laughed at them taking oxygen at football games when watching it from Scotland. The first game I ever saw live was in December and it was 91 degrees. I'd like to see the Rugby boys play in that. Each game has it's merits. American Football has its chess like tactics, and Rugby League has its Brokeback reinactments every play with the humping on the ground, all good clean fun!
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Hitman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:35 am

I don't see the sense of playing a game where you have to dress up in padding and run into one another after a egg like ball called gilbert :shock: , could they not just take up another girly sport like wrestling where you are taught how to fall and kid on your hurt, stamp your foot on the ground to make it sound as though your actually hitting someone. Maybe they could even throw in one of those egg like balls.

Now thats safe, wouldn't neccesarily say clean but a lot of people find it entertaining! :roll:
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sweltered » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:15 am

The Hitman wrote:I don't see the sense of playing a game where you have to dress up in padding and run into one another after a egg like ball called gilbert :shock: , could they not just take up another girly sport like wrestling where you are taught how to fall and kid on your hurt, stamp your foot on the ground to make it sound as though your actually hitting someone. Maybe they could even throw in one of those egg like balls.

Now thats safe, wouldn't neccesarily say clean but a lot of people find it entertaining! :roll:

Hulk Hogan lived about 10 minutes from me, if you could see his house, you would realise why these guys are laughing at critics of "Wrestling", its massive. But make no mistake, WWE wrestlers do get hurt badly. I saw a great clip of a reporter asking about the very same point you made about not really hitting people. The "fake" slap he got put, him on his ar$e
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Hitman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:13 pm

Point taken, how does the old saying go, "There's money in s****!".

It is all to staged and they openly admit that the winner of each bout know's who it will be before they step into the ring. Why is it called a ring when it's square? :shock:

And it's not just wrestlers that hit reporters, what about Jim McLean, his interviews pack a punch! :lol:
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Neil » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:49 pm

Sweltered i am a bit worried about you mate you believe that American football players are far fitter than Rugby players(the kicker comes on for 2 mins) and you also believe that Wrestlers get inured :lol: maybe by falling over.
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Neil
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby THE DODGER » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:50 pm

:lol: AYE A CAN REMEMBER WATCHIN THE CAMPBELTOWN YANKEES DOWN THE GREEN IN THE 80`s THE FASTEST I EVER SEEN THE GENEREL RUNNING GOING BACKWARDS RETREIVING THAT FUNNY SHAPED BALL THING, JUST AS WELL HE HAD A THE PADDING ON INCLUDING THE BLACK EYE PAINT STUFF BELOW THE EYES LOOKED MORE LIKE A BATTERED ADAM ANT :lol:
THE DODGER
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby THE DODGER » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:54 pm

8) TIME TO START DODGING BEFORE THE FLAK STARTS 8)
THE DODGER
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Sweltered » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:16 am

Neil wrote:Sweltered i am a bit worried about you mate you believe that American football players are far fitter than Rugby players(the kicker comes on for 2 mins) and you also believe that Wrestlers get inured :lol: maybe by falling over.

I said most actually. Micheal Schumacher is generally accepted as being one of the fittest people in sport, and he sits down for 2 hours.

Don't get me wrong I can't abide wrestling, it is fixed , but they do get serious injuries.
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby The Hitman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:47 pm

Michael Shoemaker must be really fast and fit as he never seems to CLOG anything up on the circuit. Put's his heart and SOLE into preparing for a race and has an excellent TRAINER apparently. He wasn't going to race in the Brazilian Grand Prix until his sponsor said "JUST DO IT" and he did, just in the NIKE of time. :lol: :lol:
The Hitman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:35 pm

general jack o'niell

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat