under 19 euro championships

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

under 19 euro championships

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:36 pm

scoltand are in the final
against spain on sat
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:45 pm

Aye - amazing eh! :shock:

Wee Toon Ajax is alledgedly going so perhaps he will take his camera and post some photos!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:29 pm

the p wrote:Aye - amazing eh! :shock:

Wee Toon Ajax is alledgedly going so perhaps he will take his camera and post some photos!

p, yup shall be there, business meeting confirmed for Friday afternoon in Poznan, so think I might have to stick around for the weekend and go take in the football :D Well makes up for the numerous trips to Poznan in middle of winter when temperatures were hitting -25 and freezing my bollocks off.

Re the pics, sorry dont have a camera anymore. Anyway pics are dangerous, they can be used against you at a later date. And we are not all as good looking as you to be in pics.

Congratulations to the boys for reaching this stage - great performance.
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby John A » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:58 pm

Well the young team didn't manage to lift the trophy but what an excellent performance from them and from Spain who I don't think anyone could deny deserved to win after their overall performance in the tournament.

We had the chances to win and maybe with luck on our side we could have done it but the thing I liked best of all was the way the game was played no diving, no mental tackles, no time wasting (until the last couple of minutes and anyone would have done the same in Spain's position) all in all the game was played in a great spirit with no player trying to get an opponent into trouble and also helped by a good referee who didn't whistle for every strong tackle and he let the game flow.

I thought that the two full backs, Cave-Brown and Wallace were our best players closely followed by Grant and Elliot. Let's hope these young players continue to progress and maybe it won't be long before we see them in a Scotland team of the future in a major Championship Finals.

Well done Archie Gemmill, Tommy Wilson and Gordon Marshall and also well done the BBC for showing the game live.
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:47 am

Aye, you are dead right John A...you called it right.

Three ex St Mirren players there :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:04 am

Got back from Poznan last night after a wonderful weekend. Would just like to add to earlier comments about the squad. Thought they played superbly on Saturday night and were a great credit to the nation. Met the squad in the main square after the game and god did it make me feel oldish - nice guys who took time to talk to all the supporters who had made the trip.

John A interesting to read your post as you were the topic of conversation at one stage on Saturday afternoon :D Met a guy from Glasgow in the hotel and when he heard that I was from the wee toon, he told me that he visits the town on a regular basis as he works for the Fire Service and that he has known you for years. Will find out the guys name and let you know. Anyway had a lot of very good things to say about you and the others in the Fire Service in the town. Small world i think.

p, also have a few photos I will send to you on Wednesday.
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:53 pm

Wee toon, you have the wrong JohnA, oor forum one is the farmer one, not the Fireman one. This is our JohnA here,

Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:16 pm

[quote="Ninja Mania"]Wee toon, you have the wrong JohnA, oor forum one is the farmer one, not the Fireman one. This is our JohnA here,

Ninja, ooops - thanks for pointing that out :oops: :oops: . Feel quite embarassed about that the now. Apologies to the 2 Mr Armours for the mix up.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby John A » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:45 pm

No apology needed from you WTA its not the first time that mistake has been made.

But you Ninja ya wee **~~@## :x I was two full days at the air show and thats the only photo that crops up on the forum could you not have got a photo of my better side, on second thoughts don't answer that
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:02 pm

Well, for no other reason other than he is my big buddie, here is a better one of JohnA....

A creature is always happier and more comfortable in his natural environment!

ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby John A » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:15 pm

Thanks 4th Gen thats a bit better
I'm still efter you though Ninja :twisted:
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby chuckncherry » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:08 am

Was the thumbs up for the bottle of water in your left hand or the other bottle at the corner of the screen???? :?
chuckncherry
chuckncherry
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Sport Chit Chat