Has anyone EVER polished a pair of football boots

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Has anyone EVER polished a pair of football boots

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:45 pm

Just wondered--who has taken the mud off- put the old dubbin on----left them overnight--then went back in the morning and tried tae see yer face in them after an 'oors polishin'.

Not me - mine never used tae see the light of day. I once read that if ye keep them in a Co-Op bag between Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday that ye would soon feel the benefit as the "leather" grew softer. Think it was in a Nike football boot catalogue--but it never seemed tae work with Adidas Winfields ( Le Marque Au Le Cheap Woolies)
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby oorly gourlay » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:19 am

Sounds like a man who's boots have had a very looooooong hibernation. :!:
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ranald » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:39 pm

Well mine get the co-op bag treatment and they're comfy enough.

The smell's pretty rank though!
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Gus » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:56 pm

Never polished them once, even during my distinguished days playing for the CooP.
In fact im very superstitous about tampering with my boots just incase they affect my pace in any way :D :D :D :D
Gus
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby doogs8 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:15 pm

naw, me neither

am a bit posher wi ma Tesco bag though!
doogs8
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:17 am

They're comin' oot the bag at 10.15 on Sunday morn V East Scotland Tartan army. I expect there to be at least a couple of Maris Pipers in there with them!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby oorly gourlay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:21 pm

You'll be trying to chip the keeper then!
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby scotty » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:50 pm

Will there be any Bochans at that game and what do they keep their boots in :lol:
scotty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DOUBLE A » Tue May 24, 2005 12:20 pm

TUT TUT MACD, TAKE IT YOU NEVER PAID ANY HEED TO TOMMY MCP WHEN HE GAVE HIS SERMON ON A THURSDAY NIGHT RE PLACING ALL KIT OUT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT, CHECKING IT ALONG WITH SHINGUARDS AND "POLISHED" BOOTS !!!!!!!!! YA REBEL !!!!!!!!
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Boots

Postby Bochan Mor » Tue May 24, 2005 1:16 pm

Here's one Bochan that's far too old for any of that nonsense now. In my hayday I would bury the boots at the bottom of the compost heap, along with a selection of scarts skate and pheasants, but for god's sake don't let onto Sanyanya, or the bleggard will be moogering aboot in ma garden!

The smell here was also pretty rank. indeed, my grandmother boiled the boots once instead of the scart and wondered why it was so chugh when she came to carve it!

I suppose the Co-Op bags work on the same principle as the round bale silage bags, tendering the contents to a level that makes them almost digestable. Morenish might know some of the chemistry behind this.
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

balls

Postby bubbly jock » Tue May 24, 2005 2:57 pm

Double A

Why are you SHOUTING? Tommy McP never needed to raise his voice. :?

The poor disillusioned souls who thought they could play the game all by themselves were soon brought to heel with the immortal phrase said in Tommy's reserved manner:-

"The balls round to go round, so pass it around, idiot."

Shock to the system but it brought the poor souls who thought all that practice in the backyard would bring them praise back to reality.
bubbly jock

Re: balls

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu May 26, 2005 12:23 am

bubbly jock wrote:Double A

Why are you SHOUTING? Tommy McP never needed to raise his voice. :?

The poor disillusioned souls who thought they could play the game all by themselves were soon brought to heel with the immortal phrase said in Tommy's reserved manner:-

"The balls round to go round, so pass it around, idiot."

Shock to the system but it brought the poor souls who thought all that practice in the backyard would bring them praise back to reality.

For someone who doesn't like football you know enough! :wink: :lol:

Tommy did have some classics right enough and some superb training sessions. I'll never forget the night he took us up Bheinn Ghuillean* and when we got to the top the mist started to descend on us and the next thing we were lost! I can still mind Rab McD greetin when we left him behind (wiz never wan for keeping up wae the lakes o maesel, big Double A, Henry and Alky mind you!) ! :wink:
:lol:
*(sorry I know that is the wrong spelling!)
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Thu May 26, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DOUBLE A » Thu May 26, 2005 12:54 am

Ah, remember that famous torture, sorry training session very well, think it was the time young Tommy was about to become a marine and was in charge of navigation !!!! then various persons began falling into drainage ditches.
As for trying to play football, well i just punted the ball as far up the park as possible.
DOUBLE A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: balls

Postby Ranald » Thu May 26, 2005 9:53 pm

[quote="Davie P]Tommy did have some classics right enough and some superb training sessions.[/quote]

"Get out of my way"
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Sport Chit Chat