World Cup 2006

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

World Cup 2006

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:44 am

Just got the official invitation from the wife's family in Berlin---me, the wife, and the two kids--free accommodation in Berlin during the World Cup next year. Too good to pass up.
Anyone else thinking of going across??
Will have to strike up a relationship with her long lost uncle in the Transvaal for 2010--Ivo Der Freehoos :wink:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Germany 2006

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm

Like you Rab, I have been invited over next year for the World Cup - can stay at Peter's. However, I am still hopeful I'll be going to watch the might Scotland! :?

If not, when are you thinking of going and we can meet up! Tho there is a bit of distance between Berlin and Amberg! :shock:

p
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ross » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:55 am

Cheers for the invite Rab thats quite generous of you ... :wink: :lol:
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby gman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:12 am

That Assessors office must be THE best tartan army supporters club in Scotland...

Gidday Rab !!!
gman
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:03 pm

How's it goin, Graham. Are you a dad yet or has that still to happen to you and your good wife? That'll make a difference to your post times--instead of posting at the likes of 3.12 a.m. (our time) you'll be posting at 12 and 1 in the afternoon, maybe even 2,3 or 4 in mid nappy change.

Must be coming into your winter now, down there. We're still in the middle of ours! Still, we're looking forward to the summer month of June, then its straight back to winter again--happy days!

Your dad should be due another break soon--must be at least a month since his last-- is he heading south for the winter??

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

World Cup

Postby Hume » Tue May 31, 2005 1:41 pm

I've got tickets for games in Gelsenkirchen and Kaiserslautern. So long as they are not England tickets!

Did the same for Euro 2004 and they turned out to be Italy v Sweden and Denmark v Sweden.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Tue May 31, 2005 7:57 pm

Never managed to get any tickets but will head across the border at the weekends to dortmund, koln and try to get tickets on the day.

Rab, maybe try to meet up with you sometime when you are over. Dont know if any of the other wee toon exiles, Nig or wee gus, are planning to come over.

BTW if anybody is over in holland in june the U21 World Cup Finals are taking place so might be worth a visit to see the stars of the future.
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby linda » Tue May 31, 2005 10:20 pm

Wee Toon Ajax

If you fancy taking your nephew with you to Germany I am sure he would be delighted. Chance in a million!!!!

linda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Wee Toon Ajax » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:49 pm

Linda

I have no problem taking the nephew across to Germany next year for the World Cup, the only one in the family who talks any sense so he is welcome, well until the next p is born in a fortnight and then he/she will be the only one who talks sense :D Tell the nephew to get saving.
If, after all, men cannot always make history have meaning, they can always act so that their own lives have one.

Camus
Wee Toon Ajax
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby linda » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:00 pm

Well thank you very much, wont be speaking to any of you lot in a hurry. If you can get any sense out of you nephew then well done as all we get is a grunt - nearly a teenager - funs ready to begin

linda
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:53 pm

Maybe this is the wrong thread but I wanted to add my thoughts on the Scotland team as printed in the papers this morning.....dont know if it is the official one or just reporters in the know.

Of course Walter knows best and I am sure he will be a success but I think Kenny Miller has had plenty chances....never looks quite good enough and McCulloch? he is not a striker with Wigan and he does not look international class to me......

But hoot dae I know? naetin'

Will be more than glad to be proved spectacularly wrong at 4.45 tonight with the dynamic duo scoring a brace apiece
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Scotland

Postby kbm » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:51 pm

Good Luck Scotland. :)
Kevin McCallum
kbm
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:29 am

Well, I suppose the result last Saturday was acceptable enough, 2-0 in any international is fine "there are no easy games any more" !!! ........ for some countries there are!!

But, I think the performance showed that we are not going to qualify for the finals. ....nothing like it I would say.

If Berti had still been in charge there would have been an uproar about team selection ( McCulloch/Miller!) , tactics and use/non use of subs. But Walter and his happy gang are immune from criticism.....and so they should. I am 100% behind Walt, Tom and Ally.
They know what they are doing....... and they can only make the best of what we have.

Hard to see how a win can be gained tonight, I remember very well the real hard struggle it was 8 years ago against Belarus...since then they have improved greatly, we have gone backwards big style.....but, you never know, a few good performances in defence, goalie in tip top form and a bit of magic from McFadden....and LUCK and maybe, just maybe...then all the first choice players back for the Italy hgame at Hampden..........and it will be "Germany here we come" :D

Oh, and by the way, and I would love to hear the Campbeltown Tartan Army's view on this..................see that Doh a deer stuff? is that not jeest totally embarrssing? I really, really wish they would stop that! maybe youz sing it on the bus though! and are all for it! and, if I mind right, Dailly's goal came just after the first rendition of it on Saturday!! but still, ditch D a D......................... and FoS for that matter :shock:

Scotland The Brave for me 8)

'mon Scotland
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ranald » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:49 pm

I'll allow you to ditch "Doh" a deer but no way are we getting rid of FoS!
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:53 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:...But, I think the performance showed that we are not going to qualify for the finals. ....nothing like it I would say.

If Berti had still been in charge there would have been an uproar about team selection ( McCulloch/Miller!) , tactics and use/non use of subs. But Walter and his happy gang are immune from criticism.....and so they should. I am 100% behind Walt, Tom and Ally.
They know what they are doing....... and they can only make the best of what we have....

Oh, and by the way, and I would love to hear the Campbeltown Tartan Army's view on this..................see that Doh a deer stuff? is that not jeest totally embarrssing? I really, really wish they would stop that! maybe youz sing it on the bus though! and are all for it! and, if I mind right, Dailly's goal came just after the first rendition of it on Saturday!! but still, ditch D a D......................... and FoS for that matter :shock:

Scotland The Brave for me 8)

'mon Scotland

4th Suthen....

If Berti had been in charge.....god please don't remind us!!! :twisted: :twisted: :cry:

The bottom line is the damage was done under this man. One point from two home games against Norway and Slovenia was a huge blow to the campaign and ruined any chance we had. The heid yins at the SFA have alot to answer too - after the shocking result in Wales, Berti should have had the Auf Weidersehen. :shock:

Walter went with who he felt is best on Saturday and although I am not a great fan of Millar I would have started McCulloch who has been playing well this season. McFadden can produce the goods but is a rather frustrating player and you will know this yourself if you watch him for any length of time... :wink: Unfortunately we don't have the players of the past.

As for the Doh a Deer - it is a hard one to get rid of. I hate it at home games but for some reason it falls into place at alot of the away games when fans sing non stop! :shock:

Plus - FOS for me too! :lol: :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat