Summer 2012?

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Summer 2012?

Postby sean_mulholland » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:28 am

How do folks?

I'm brand new here but have been reading through some of your posts and wanted to get involved with the banter! I do have a reason for starting this tread though and it maybe construed as slightly negative but i think it's safe, enough, to say that next summer will be a slightly lonely place for scotland in the world of televised football...... But i am wondering what peoples opinions on the other teams are?

- Who do you guys think you'll support and why?
- Or what will you guys be up to during the tournament to feel involved even though, again, we are not!
sean_mulholland
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Summer 2012?

Postby Govangirl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Sean. I happen to live in England and everyone here thinks I should be supporting England (after all, they say, they would support Scotland if England had been knocked out - aye right!). And the kids at my school will be even worse.
There is absolutely, utterly NO WAY that will happen but you wouldn't believe the flak I get over it. I am dreading the adverts and the supermarket promotions and all the other razzamatazz around it.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:37 am

Easy one for me Sean. My wife is half German, her mother being from Berlin, so I will be supporting Germany (not a bad fall back,eh!). I also think that they will win it------and the next World Cup.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Come on Sean, all we need is few results to go our way in the next few days, get though a play off in November and we are there! :wink:

Seriously though, if we were in the Czech's position with two games to go I'd still not be confident of getting to the play off so I hope the players still believe its possible.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Sport Chit Chat