WC Predictor 2010 - Local Fundraiser

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: WC Predictor 2010 - Local Fundraiser

Postby abbey craig » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 am

If Spain win Tommy should give Stuart £100 out his winnings and if the Netherlands win Stuart should give Tommy a £100
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 pm

abbey craig wrote:If Spain win Tommy should give Stuart £100 out his winnings and if the Netherlands win Stuart should give Tommy a £100

Why? They will either get £500 as winner or £55 as runner up anyway. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 am

Congratulations to Tommy Millar who won the World Cup Predictor last evening and wins £500. Hard luck to Stuart Hall who needed the Netherlands to win but collects £55 for 2nd spot. Well done both. 8)

I'll post up a final table later this evening when I update the scores but thanks to everyone who entered!

The £555 raised will be donated to the newly amalgamated Campbeltown Pupils and Campbeltown Boys Amateur Football Club which will now see both clubs under the one umbrella of Campbeltown Pupils with two sides. The first team Campbeltown Pupils will continue to play in the SAFL Premier Division One and the second team, Campbeltown Pupils B, will play in the the SAFL Div 3. All signed players will now be able to play for either side and will provide an excellent platform for the youth of Campbeltown to progress to. I thought for a while that this is where the money would go but couldn't say as the finer details are in the progress of being tied up etc but I think, like a number of other people, that this is an exciting chapter for football in Campbeltown and with the WC Predictor being about footaball that this was the ideal place to donate the money. It will take an enormous effort and financial commitment by everyone involved to run two clubs - both of which will travel over 3000 miles just to play their away league games. Good luck to everyone involved. 8)

Thanks again to everyone who entered - hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Now I need a rest so I have a week off. :mrgreen:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Well done to you too, Ship, that was a great job you did. I really enjoyed it despite knowing nothing about football. Thank you.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WTC » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:20 pm

So you only work 4 weeks a year :wink:
"Stoneybridge has facilities and.......facilities, So come to Stoneybridge !"
WTC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 pm

WTC wrote:So you only work 4 weeks a year :wink:

:D Aye, every 4 years too. :wink: Nice to see the back of it to be honest - fun while it lasted. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:26 am

Final scores can be downloaded at or as below

http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.co ... scores.pdf

Once again, well done to everyone who entered and in particular to our winner Tommy Millar (£500) and Runner Up Stuart Hall. (£55). £555 donated to the Campbeltown Pupils AFC who have recently amalgamated with Campbeltown Boys AFC and will run two teams under the one banner.

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat