Fireworks

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Fireworks

Postby hoots the scoop » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:08 pm

Am I alone in thinking that all firework sales should be banned. The noise starts about a week before the fifth and carries on for days after the event.

The organised events are expected, controlled and run by responsible agents but the indiscriminate use of these items is becoming more and more unacceptable.

The danger to animals and children is very real and I would like to see a ban on them altogether and at the most only one rep from an organised and registered body able to purchase this type of product.

hoots
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Fireworks

Postby Frosty » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:17 pm

Hi Hoots,
I think this year has been better than previous years as the numptys who set fireworks off on any date and time have been curtailed.
The new laws about not selling them before Oct 15th and the time of 2300 bieng the latest they can be ' Let Off ' seems to have worked to a degree .
It does seem strange that you cannot go into a shop and buy Gunpowder , but you can buy Fireworks that can blow part of your body off with great ease !
Regards
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:12 am

You can go into a shop and buy black powder, Frosty. However it must be the right kind of shop and you must be able to show the man behind the counter the right kind of paper.

A friend of mine is in the Sealed Knot and regularly purchases black powder for use in his flintlock.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Fireworks

Postby Frosty » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Gary
Cheers for the info.
I did not realise that , but I suppose it makes sense .
I'm glad that there is some sort of proof required.
Thanks again
Frosty
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby DMS Graphics » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:47 am

I think this year the noise from fireworks has been a lot quieter than other years. One of the governments acts which seems to be working.
DMS Graphics
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Local News and Issues