TA Dance - 3rd December 2005 - update 28/11/05

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

TA Dance - 3rd December 2005 - update 28/11/05

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:14 pm

If you would like tickets for the best night of the year then your chance to buy tickets is running out fast...

The local Tartan Army are running a dance in the Vic for local charities and there are only a few tickets left! 8)
Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:58 pm

Perhaps an exaggeration but there are some tickets left for this.

I think at this point we have sold around 345 of the 400 tickets.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:27 pm

As far as I can see this is now a sell out :lol:

May be afew floating about mind you..
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:01 am

Plans are going well for Saturday night...

We are going to have a bottle and can bar in the hall as well as the normal bar which should help the bar.

We are also looking to get some knid of queing system in place so there isn't 50 people all pushing to get to the bar. Fairer on the punters and the staff behind the bar...

Ae we increased the capacity to allow more people in - 400 - we have seating for 300 so if you wish a seat I would strongly advise you to come along early!

The Scotland Top is in Rowe Sports Window so if you wish to buy a ticket there are ones in the shop.

Anyone willing to help with the setting up of the hall - can they please come along at the back of 10 on Saturday.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby scotty » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:14 am

Just home from the Tartan Army Dance after a wee tildifeee

What a night thanks davie and the rest of the boys for making up for what i missed last year (far too drunk) :lol:

Also that one from whisky mac's won the signed scotland top Davie you need to rig the raffle next time :wink:
Come to the dark side , We have cookies.
scotty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:05 am

Ahhhhh....my head hurts! :shock: :shock:

Time for a walk - catch you all Tuesday!!!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

TA Dance

Postby Jambo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Just to say well done and thanks to Davie and everyone else who was involved in organising the night. It was really enjoyable (what I remember of it!!) and very well organised - no hugh queues at the bar etc.
Jambo
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:01 pm

brilliant night out. glad i came back for it.
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby peenkles21 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:38 pm

Yeah, cheers Davie P and co for a quality night out well worth the hangover!!!!! :D
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:47 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.

The indications are that we have raised at least £4,000-£4,500 for local charities which was basically the ticket money. However, all the money has still to come in and we have a few invoices to get and pay these and we should have a clearer picture then.

Made a bit of a boob buying the t-shirts so if anyone fancies a £5 CTA t-shirt then let us know! In addition if anyone fancies a CTA Polo Shirt they get a free t-shirt - Polo Shirts are £15 each. If we sold all this then we should be looking at another £1000 or so...

Thanks for the thanks but no thanks :oops: - as I said to a number of people on Saturday there are far more people involved who deserve the thanks - the likes of Willie Renton and Scott Cameron did alot behid the scenes to name but a few. (I hate all that pash anyway :shock: :oops: ). Will speak to the everyone and get an official thanks on here and one in the courier with final totals etc!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your night!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby hoots the scoop » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:46 pm

That is a terrific amount to raise! Well done to everyone!

I heard quite a few folk say it was a good night.

Anyone got any photos?
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:09 pm

Hoots - I have some I will post at some point - probably the weekend.

Has anyone got any photos I can use to create a page of photos? :lol:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:59 pm

More to follow this weekend

Anyone got any?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby wee alba » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:42 am

The dance was enjoyable this year again but no-where near as good as last year. In fact those who attended last year should have known this as that was something special and I doubt if the Vic will see a better night again.

Last year, however, was different with regards the hall was 50% full of visitors who were had been bevying all day and were doing it in typical TA style!

But Saturday night was excellent in terms of what it achieved - giving the locals a different Saturday night out, a bit of banter, a dance and a good laugh - not to mention the dosh to charities and the cheap swallies! :lol:

Bruntin Room were good as usual but could do with an alternative do yon baldy fla singing noo and again - he was right for some but not for others. Pipe Band assisted by the Twisted Melons was the highlight of the evening for sure!! Twisted Melons are without a doubt a talented band and as I don't know much of their music I thought their cover versions were first class. With all due respect they played too much of their own stuff - I think they ended their set with three of thir own - which was perhaps a bit too much but as I said very talented musicians... The disco for the last hour was excellent and ended the night on a high. :lol:

I actually am amazed I can remember that much - I had a mega hangover on Sunday and did not enjoy the journey back up the road!! :?
wee alba
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Local News and Issues