Chrismas Lights

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Postby Freedom » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:03 pm

ahhhh like the idea - town hall could do wae one at the top of the clock - right then round up a posse texas we'll have oursel a public lynchin o bubbly

:lol: :lol:
Freedom
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:33 pm

Oh no lynchin!! He has work to do! After his stint on the town Christmas tree, when he perches on top of the clock at town hall, he will always be able to tell you which way the wind blows. And if you rig him up right, he might even be able to tell you when its all hot air! Think of the possibilities, man! Sheesh, lynchin....... where do you think you are, Texas??
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:19 pm

Cant believe there is so much bitterness towards the bird, he really is the most wonderful person i have never met, and i love the way he rallyies everyone to keep posting as that lot over the pond, are taking over. Alledgedly..............C,mon the turkey, who ever you are.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:43 pm

There is no bitterness, Ninja, and no ill-will or insult intended, and certainly hope thats not how it came across. Just having a little fowl play.

As for taking over... well, yeah.. :wink: You wouldn't even notice how often the ones across the pond post if you posted more 8)
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:20 pm

Touche with that one Bubba.
Poor Ninja, getting slapped down like that. Ach he probably deserved anyway, the cheeky wee bugger that he is.
LLTT :wink:
Pete Reek

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:29 pm

Aye ye can pick yur freens awrite, but as for these bloody kin, god help me.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bubbly jock » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:45 pm

N.J

Never you mind wae these colonials from the across the burn. They open their mooth and the breeding falls oot. They can't help it.

Dorian must be affronted wae yon drunken Texas frog. Ignore her and she'll hop off

bubbly
bubbly jock

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:52 pm

Now now bubbly.. here I was worried about you in your absence, hoping you were well, and your feathered carcass wasn't lying about mussing up the environment. Be nice :lol:
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:06 am

As for taking over... well, yeah.. You wouldn't even notice how often the ones across the pond post if you posted more!

Now, now boys! Across the pond, how about across two ponds. that would be me! can you say PACIFIC????

I was born and raised in the Wee Toon and try to post as often as is possible, given the time difference!

:twisted: :P :wink:
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

lights

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:35 pm

oh dear wee brother, your not upsetting the good people of campbeltown?

good job it's called the wee toon, because thats just what the switching on was, wee toon, hooray here comes a tractor, hooray here comes a local car salesman advertising his latest model and look, a pair of eejits in badly fitting costumes switching on the lights.

i think the lights look great, and all credit to everyone involved in raising the cash to pay for them, but maybe it's just miserable old me, i can't stand any organised campbeltown event, never could, i avoided the highland games like the plague, ok i did give the odd car owner a mouthful for trying to park outside my house, but i hated it.

same with the firework displays, never been to one never will, doesn't mean i don't put my hand in my pocket for these things, i have, it's still there and i'm not taking it out, i've never even bought a raffle ticket for the radio, come to think, i've never bought a raffle ticket.

i've never been to the music festival either, never will, although i hope everyone that goes enjoys it, i'm just what used to be called a miserable bugger and i'm happy to admit it, although i have in the past given freely of my time to local groups, argyll fm, soccer centre etc i hate parting with money, every penny is a prisoner, sweltered will second that i'm sure i just believe that charity begins at home and thats where it's staying, i just get the wife to buy the tickets.

if that upsets some people, tough, get a sense of humour!!!

if you have to make a big deal of switching on the lights just have the bands playing, pipebands and brass, afterall they were the once freezing their little fingers off due to the way the parade drags out with stupid convoys, the people will still come out, the lights will still get switched on.

oh and as to who switches on the lights, if you can't get someone famous in the scottish Z list of celebrities and why should you pay some oaf who just happens to have been on telly? make it an honour thing, get the citizen of the year to switch them on, i'm sure it would be a fitting reward for someone local without having them dress up as batman or shrek, who is it next year? azlan or king kong?

ps. i was never in nancie's class, jessie and maureen and
Mrs. glendinning, along with barbara hunter and Mrs McBrayne are responsible for my education, you can take the dalidoat oot oh dalintober but castlehill is now the better school

how's that sweltered? you set them up, i'll knock them down!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby Sweltered » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:51 pm

I have to agree, the citizen of the year should switch on the lights( hope the General is not holding his breath waiting his turn) or there should have been a giant button and the World champs should have done the honours.
Did the appearance of any "celebrity" to any organised event ever increase the attendance? I can't comment coz I never went to anything either ( anyone detecting a trend here!) And yes every penny is a prisoner, I remember dropping a 50p piece once and it hit you on the back of the head as you bent down to get it.
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

lights

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:45 pm

ah the old 50p joke, now see to quote your faither

"it's no often yir right, but yer wrang again!!!"

it was a ten bob note, and yes i still have it,

yer nephew visited me last night he's off to the delights of dunoon for six months, told him to phone me from the ferry!!!
general jack o'niell

the lights (apparently)

Postby The Bairn » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:07 pm

Have just had the best entertainment reading this. New to the Forum and must admire both Sweltered and the General. Love your sense of humour are you related? :twisted:
The Bairn
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby WORKING CLASS HERO » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:24 pm

castlehill a better school no chance !! and for you pair you are just as boring now as you ever were . :oops:
im off to see the wizard'''
WORKING CLASS HERO
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby willy wonka » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:21 am

Noo, Noo, Noo WCH.

Everibodi in the toon knows that the Dali Dotes were the underachievers in thier manki wee school. A the riff raff went tae it!
The views expressed are only opinions, but the opinions are correct at time of posting.

Go on find the golden ticket, come find the Goose that lays the golden eggs.
willy wonka
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

PreviousNext

Return to Local News and Issues