Aqualibrium opening

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:51 pm

What a nice view from inside the pool looking out. Would love to see more pics of the inside and the views from within.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:00 pm

I've got some Bobbie - I was going to post them tonight but will be over the weekend.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:33 pm

The lead up the Aqualibrium is cracking! Alot of hard work went into getting the statue of William MacKinnon back here (need to get the story off of JMcT) and it looks really impressive.

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby SmithD » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:07 pm

Just to say we were in the pool today for the lessons, the girls are very good with the kids.

Few teething problems for the first day, but I'm sure they will even them out. :D
URL=http://www.glitterkiss.com]Image[/URL]
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby dgraves » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:06 pm

Beautiful photo of the Aquilibrium with the statue of William MacKinnon in the foreground, Davie. It looks great with the new landscaping. The interior looks inviting and spacious, too :D . I can't access the Argyll-Bute link. I never could see their webcam, either. Glad you are posting pictures on here.
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby amron » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:00 pm

Whats the general thoughts now that the pool has opened. :?: Do you agree with the booking system, prices etc..........

Kids have been at lessons and the girls have been excellent with them.
The pool has been busy and the booking system means it is not going to be too crowded so it,s fine.
Children with Young Scot cards will get in free between 9am and 5pm. Only 1 session at a time as Monday night all the kids were going back to reception to get in again and again chaos I believe so now you can,t use your young scot after 5pm.
The pool is closed to the public between 10am and 12 noon as it is dedicated to swimming lessons at that time.
If you did not read the courier you would not know the above info..... I think that they should display that info before you go in to the building to avoid disappointment...........
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby SmithD » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:31 pm

I went through the week with my daughter for her lessons, after the lessons they put a seperate lane up for swimmers doing lengths, I booked to go and the lane wasn't there, they said that because there are so many children there is no point. So I left!

I know there is an influx because it is new, but adults have to be catered for too, not having to dodge balls and children. I will go with my children for their enjoyment, but I too would like to go myself. It is a first class facility and I will use it often with my family and myself, once it has quietened down a bit! :)
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby amron » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:11 pm

We went today and there were a few people that wanted to swim lengths and the girls put up a seperate lane.
They need to cater for all swimmers and it is not easy to try and dodge swimmers, balls etc it doesn,t take up much room having a lane.

A few more weeks and the novelty will have worn off and things will settle down. I feel that they should have more on reception as it is quite busy at the moment and the girls are rushed off their feet.

It is great to see how confident the kids at the lessons are getting from fear and unsure to really enjoying the water. :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:35 pm

From a totally personal view I think the design of the building itself is quite stunning as are the facilities in house (apart from the grey walls). Really good enthusiastic bunch of staff who obviously have their hands full at the moment! :shock: :lol:

Great to see all the kids swimming again and it is a great asset to the town and Kintyre itself.

The downside...(there always is!)...can't help but think we missed a chance to have more. In the cold light of day you look at what facilities you have for £7.5 million pounds. It is a hell of alot of money and it is clear to see the majority of that was spent on the design and construction itself. (I know others feel the same) But, hey, can't change things now so I am just looking forward to using it. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:23 pm

the p wrote:From a totally personal view I think the design of the building itself is quite stunning as are the facilities in house (apart from the grey walls). Really good enthusiastic bunch of staff who obviously have their hands full at the moment! :shock: :lol:

Great to see all the kids swimming again and it is a great asset to the town and Kintyre itself.

The downside...(there always is!)...can't help but think we missed a chance to have more. In the cold light of day you look at what facilities you have for £7.5 million pounds. It is a hell of alot of money and it is clear to see the majority of that was spent on the design and construction itself. (I know others feel the same) But, hey, can't change things now so I am just looking forward to using it. 8)

Yes Davie

Fully agree with what you have said after my walk through of the building last Friday midday, and guess what, did not have my camera with me as I was down getting my car MOT'd. The facilities are excellent, pool, library, fitness gym, cafe and the view from, and damned for no camera (bobbie and dorien will be furious). Anyway, lets hope everything goes well for the benefit of the community and visitors alike.
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:03 am

What?? No camera?? Back with you jdcarra! :lol:
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:46 am

You are not allowed to use cameras or video cameras in the facility.

They have also covered the tar with small pebbles so it looks really nice the entrance etc............
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby lightning jnr » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:49 am

did you read that sentrano? no cameras in the pool. probably means no binoculars as well.
lightning jnr
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Goldielocks » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:30 am

[.
If you did not read the courier you would not know the above info..... I think that they should display that info before you go in to the building to avoid disappointment...........[/quote]

I totally agree with this, I am a full member and as of yet not managed to get a swim, they should have a sign on the main door stating that it is advisable to book, when I found this out, after my second attempt at getting in to the pool I tried to book for a time later on in the week, and was told I couldnt because the sheet had not been printed and advised to come back later on in the week, for the price I am paying for the year this is quite unaceptable, this would not happen anywhere else, I was also told well it is only the first week and we are just finding our feet, whether this is the first week or not THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WOULD BE BUSY !!! and been better organized!!!
Goldielocks
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby SmithD » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:29 am

The main issue I thought was they need more staff on front desk. The are answering the phone and ealing with public in one, so very busy!

And I agree paying a full membership you expect to get in and have a proper session in the pool, they should have anticipated this with the first week of summer holidays. The kids get in at a discount or free (not sure) with young scot cards, so the same kids are in all the time!! And the changing rooms are needing to be staffed or monitored better. - Did anyone notice the clock has stopped in there at 10.15!!! :)
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Local News and Issues