new golf course

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Postby GarySutherland » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:54 am

Back in the village where I used to live in England we ran into this same problem when plans for extending the village school went before the Council. There were three underground wartime ammunition stores on the outskirts of the village which are now used to store black powder for a display fireworks company.

The Health & Safety Executive initially blocked the school extension on the grounds that it was within the blast radius of the ammo dumps, but when it was pointed out to them that they were working from 1950s inventory statistics they withdrew it. It did cause a bit of a broughaha at the time though, as the blast radius enclosed most of the village.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Duke o' Ralston » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:04 am

Think the P is takin a loan o' you Ranald!! Tell 'im to go an Q for a Spot the Ball weekly the same as the rest o' us an stop pesterin you for info
Duke o' Ralston
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby gman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:54 am

Great to hear and I understand that it's an aussie putting up the dough - not me of course...

I'm sure that the new course once developed will be a shot in the arm to the local area. I hope this new venture gets kintyre back on the prosperous road creating jobs and bringing visitors back each year...

8)

It's true that Machrihanish is very well renowned, even here in Melbourne...Many golfers have Machrihanish on their map of courses to play when visiting from overseas...Things will only get better if another world class course is built...

I'm sure all the retiree caddies will be counting down the days to the new course opening :wink:
gman
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:58 pm

After enjoying the golf at the weekend and the masses it attracts is there any update on this? :roll:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tom B » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:51 pm

Any more news on this?
Tom B
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby paraffin man » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:41 pm

Its a while since this ones came up!

I was over on the nor east coast this week, big news last night on the news up there, Donald Trump was not getting his planning allowed to build a new top notch golf course to go along with his four he has already got in the states.

Maybe he should try the West Coast where the planning has already gone through fopr the potential one that has been mentioned here????
paraffin man
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby hoots the scoop » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:32 am

paraffin man wrote:Its a while since this ones came up!

I was over on the nor east coast this week, big news last night on the news up there, Donald Trump was not getting his planning allowed to build a new top notch golf course to go along with his four he has already got in the states.

Maybe he should try the West Coast where the planning has already gone through fopr the potential one that has been mentioned here????

I heard a bit of a gossip suggesting he'd already had a look at the new one at Machrihanish but didn't take things any further.
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues