CAR PARKING...... thoughts?

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Re: CAR PARKING...... thoughts?

Postby Tricky2 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:23 pm

What about a disc system where you display a disc with your time of arrival? Lots of towns have a system like this.(just a thought)
Tricky2
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Rockape » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:50 am

First part of the solution could be to encourage people to stop driving 300 metres to work every day! We all know people who do it.......I've lived at Kilkerran Park and Davaar Avenue and didn't consider either to be driving distance to the town centre. If people would stop being so lazy then the problem would most likely be solved over night! As for increasing the parking capacity, with the roads being as wide as they are, could the council not just paint slanted parking spaces all the way along Esplanade and Longrow, thus doubling the number of spaces available?
Rockape
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby howlsatthemoon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Rockape wrote:could the council not just paint slanted parking spaces all the way along Esplanade and Longrow, thus doubling the number of spaces available?

I think that this in the plans but I fear they are also going to install parking meters as well. As has been said earlier in the topic, they are making a killing in Oban and want to roll it out across Argyll & Bute.
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues