hello

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

hello

Postby karenmuirbonnell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:58 am

Hello Kintyre folks,
My name is Karen Muir. My Dad Tom grew up in Southend and was part of a large family of Muirs. He emigrated to canada when he was 22, met my Mom and had my brother and I. My reason for writing is to connect with folks in Southen that may be related or remember the Muir family. There were 9 boys and girls in all, Tom, Huey, Alex, Arthur, Margaret, Mary, and more. Their parents-my Grandparents were Margaret Wilson and Norman Muir. I enjoy reading the posts and threads in this forum.
cheers Karen
karenmuirbonnell
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: hello

Postby glassblower » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:05 am

Hi Karen,
just finished my night shifts so off to bed for a couple of hours, now you might think "why is this man answering my posting" !!!, well my mothers side of the family are called Muir and they lived in Campbeltown, I bet you are sill no wiser !!. Mum's brother married a Muir from Southend and one of the girls name's you mentioned is the same as her brothers wife's name. There might be nothing in it, but, I will speak to mum this afternoon and tell her of your posting and well you never know. As Southend is a small community I am assuming there were not to many families called Muir, but then again I might be wrong !

Will be back later today, Ken.
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby glassblower » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi Karen,
I have spoken to mum tonight and she has given me some info, I am sending you a private message via the Forum

Ken.
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby glassblower » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi Karen, private message just gone.

Ken.
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby skrik » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Karen. Stuart and Jean Muir lived at 16 Wallace Cottages. John and Ann Muir lived at 6 Coastguard Houses. Alex and Marjorie Muir lived at 20 Wallace Cottages. All Southend and almost nextdoor to eachother. Hope that's of interest to you !
skrik
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby glassblower » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Nice one skrik.

Karen, have sent you a private email about an hour ago, there is no record of it in my sent items, did you get it ? if not let me know and I will try again.
Ken
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby glassblower » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi Karen,
have sent a quick test mail to the email address you sent me, hope you get it ok, I seem to be having problems sending mail through the forum !!
Ken.
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Aileen » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:58 am

Hi Karen,

I saw your post and wanted to let you know that we are related. My dad is Gavin Muir, brother of your dad Tommy. There were seven boys and two girls from that family in Southend.

I will send you PM & hope we will be in touch with each other.

Aileen
Aileen
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Local News and Issues