Open Letter to Alan Reid

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Open Letter to Alan Reid

Postby EphemeralDeception » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Dear Mr Reid,

As you are being recalled to Westminster to vote on who the UK is going to bomb next I would like you to explain how you will vote and the reasons for doing so, please?

As you were already ecstatic about Bombing Syria the last time the vote came up, and you voted YES, alas only to be outvoted, I guess you will calling for Yes this time too? I would expect that if you do vote Yes it is with a full international legal basis to do so.

Therefore, could you also explain what measures under international law authorizes the UK to Bomb Syria ( backed I am sure with full agreement of the Security Council )?

And finally please explain to natives of Argyll and Bute, as asked by former Ambassador,Craig Murray: "explain to me the precise mechanism by which our bombing Islamic countries helps prevent terrorist incidents in the UK."

Over to you Mr Reid.
Last edited by EphemeralDeception on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EphemeralDeception
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Open Letter to Alan Reid

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Surely the bombing is precision and I.S.are the targets,not the whole country?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EphemeralDeception » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:56 pm

'Bombing is precison'.

Yes it is so precise they can even hit the wrong country by accident never mind the wrong target. I would recommend you read up on the subject rather than relying on State broadcasters for your disinformation. For example Nato accidentally bombed the chinese embassy in Belgrade http://congressionalresearch.com/RS20547/document.php

On May 7, 1999, during the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia (Operation Allied Force), five US JDAM guided bombs hit the People's Republic of China embassy in the Belgrade district of New Belgrade, killing three Chinese reporters and outraging the Chinese public and they had to pay millions in compensation. Now, if they can accidentally hit an Embassy that gives an idea of the accuracy and errors.

However as I said there are too many sheep that expect to be fed accurate information. You have to do it yourself.
EphemeralDeception
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 pm

I would imagine that weaponry technology has moved on quite a bit since 1999.What do you suggest as an alternative?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Not sure what the aternative to taking the fight to IS is. Do you have a suggestion for AR.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby EphemeralDeception » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:02 pm

@Gizmo.

I have plenty I could give. However it is AR that is taking Argyll to war not me. What alternatives has he considered?
One of them could have been AR campaigning to not have the CIA training and arming IS in the 1st place with the UKs blessing, but no, AR was more interested in fiddling his expenses. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... enses.html
EphemeralDeception
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby gizmo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:23 pm

You really dont like him do you? Go on give us some of these suggestions on how to defeat these people.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby lochend » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:59 pm

EphemeralDeception,I fervently hope that you never have to endure someone you care about, kneeling in the desert with a shaven head and wearing an orange boilersuit! I think your carping about the lovcal MP's voting patterns would seem rather petty in those circumstancws!
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Lochend, sorry but if we think that going into another Iraq war is going to stop beheadings - or stop terrorist attacks in the UK - then we are being extremely naive. There are other alternatives and one is not involving ourselves in other people's wars! There is nothing we can achieve and if we are told different then we are going to war on another bloody lie.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:25 am

I watched Channel 4 News earlier and there was an author on there who talked complete sense.This is the chap,Sir Simon Jenkins.Interview begins at 15:12 in to the programme.http://www.channel4.com/programmes/channel-4-news/4od
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby lochend » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:33 am

GG do you believe that once IS have achieved their goals by creating this new fundamentalist state they will not wish to extend their influence westward?The map of the areas they say should be under their control includes most of Spain? We have already endured one of the more prominent fundamentalists, during his televised rant at John Reid, insisting that we,the British, have no right of ownership of our country,it belongs to Allah! Even the countries surrounding Syria and Iraq are becoming terrified by the IS threat.Whilst they are willing to try to snuff out this threat before it becomes truly established,I believe it is in our long term interests to engage!
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local News and Issues