Beaver Scout Colony opening in Campbeltown

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Beaver Scout Colony opening in Campbeltown

Postby ACLD13 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:53 pm

The 16th Argyll (Campbeltown) Scout Group is expanding this September when we open a Beaver Scout Colony. Beaver Scouts are girls and boys aged 6-8 years and we're looking for new members to join.

The Scout Group re-opened last year with a new Cub Pack and at present we have 17 Cubs with a new group of children joining in September. Cubs are boys and girls aged 8-10 years and we have a limited number of spaces available for new members.

If anyone has a child who would like to join either Beavers or Cubs or if you would like anymore information please contact me via email at campbeltowncubs@gmail.com.
ACLD13
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Beaver Scout Colony opening in Campbeltown

Postby Frosty » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Fantastic news, 16th Argyll was a huge part of my younger days in Campbeltown. I started in the cubs, through to the Scout troop then onto the Ventures. I still look at the John Street hall and remember all the wonderful evenings, Sales of Work and Pantomine rehearsals! All the fantastic leaders helped ensure that everyone enjoyed themselves both in the Hall and away on Camps. This was a part of my youth that I will never forget, I'm sure all the current members will experience the same enjoyment and learn as much as I did all them years ago! ( Over 40 years ago now!!! )
Well done ACLD13, and thank you for helping to reinstating 16th Argyll - I wish everyone all the best and enjoy all that Scouting can give you.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ACLD13 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Thank you for the lovely message Frosty.

The Scout Hall still belongs to the Scouts and our big project will be renovating it so that we can use it again. It has been hard but enjoyable work getting the Group going again but our Cubs have thoroughly enjoyed their first year in Scouting. I have been extremely lucky in recruiting the adults that I have helping with Cubs and delighted that one of them has agreed to take on the Beavers too. The young people and the leaders are very much learning together but that's all part of the fun. The Cubs are desperate to go on camp so in my spare time (!) I'll have to try and organise that for them. It's been a huge learning curve so far but worth all the time and effort.
ACLD13
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Flash Gordon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:20 am

Hi I would like to introduce myself. I am currently an assistant scout leader in Perthshire and moving to Campbeltown soon. I would like to get involved with your local cubs and beavers. Could you please update the posts to let me know how its progressing . Cheers Flash.
Flash Gordon
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Local News and Issues