Double Decker Bus

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Double Decker Bus

Postby sahara » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:45 am

Just thought i'd ask, i saw a double decker open topped bus on friday in the town, not sure if it was a west coast or not,
anybody know???

:lol:
sahara
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ranald » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:39 am

West Coast Motors do have an open-topped double decker so it was probably that one. It's usually based in Oban but I think they take it to other towns on occasion too.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Campbeltown Airshow » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:45 pm

It would probably be West Coast Motors right enough. I know for a fact they have one as they have offered to use it for the transport to/from the town to the airshow as an added bonus for the weekend. That alone should be a good attraction for getting out there. Not very often we see a double decker down here, good novelty for the kids.
Campbeltown Airshow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Campbeltown Airshow wrote:It would probably be West Coast Motors right enough. I know for a fact they have one as they have offered to use it for the transport to/from the town to the airshow as an added bonus for the weekend. That alone should be a good attraction for getting out there. Not very often we see a double decker down here, good novelty for the kids.

That is excellent news. Airshow looks like it is going to be superb!

Updating the website this week so will have more details ready by Friday!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Campbeltown Airshow » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:33 pm

Yes Mr P, i am also getting quite excited about the show also. We have ammeting later in the week 7 i should know by then all aircraft displaying & other things going on also.

I must also add that it is also thanks to all the hard work from others, such as yourself & companies supporting the event like West coast Motors. Without all this help we could not run this event.

We will also have a couple of other surprises that will hopefully come off over the course of the weekend, bbut you will all need to come along to the show to find out what they are :wink:
Campbeltown Airshow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:38 pm

Campbeltown Airshow wrote:I must also add that it is also thanks to all the hard work from others, such as yourself & companies supporting the event like West coast Motors. Without all this help we could not run this event.

Just doing the website - not mcuh to that if you get the info! I don't even need to go out and get photos with this one! :wink:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby petewick » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:53 pm

West Coast do have a double decker based here in Oban, had a trip down to Easdale last summer on it.
Feckin' fab it was too.

petewick
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Campbeltown Airshow » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:48 pm

petewick wrote:West Coast do have a double decker based here in Oban, had a trip down to Easdale last summer on it.
Feckin' fab it was too.

petewick

Well in that case pete you & all yer mates from oban will just have to come to the toon, park your cars there & get the bus out to the airshow & enjoy a full display from aircraft, then get the bus back to the toon again if you enjoyed that much :wink:
Campbeltown Airshow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby petewick » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:09 pm

Campbeltown Airshow wrote:
petewick wrote:West Coast do have a double decker based here in Oban, had a trip down to Easdale last summer on it.
Feckin' fab it was too.

petewick

Well in that case pete you & all yer mates from oban will just have to come to the toon, park your cars there & get the bus out to the airshow & enjoy a full display from aircraft, then get the bus back to the toon again if you enjoyed that much :wink:

Have'nt got a car or any mates up here, they don't like us Loony Toonies, haha, but I am looking forward to the airshow, it'll be fair pongal.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local News and Issues