McGrigor and Kelly back calls for dialysis unit for Argyll

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

McGrigor and Kelly back calls for dialysis unit for Argyll

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:34 pm

News release from Jamie McGrigor MSP and Councillor Donald Kelly:

McGrigor and Kelly back calls for dialysis unit for Argyll & Bute.

Jamie McGrigor, Highlands & Islands Conservative MSP, and Councillor Donald Kelly (South Kintyre) are backing calls from constituents for NHS Highland to reconsider providing a dedicated dialysis unit in Argyll & Bute so that dialysis patients do not face frequent lengthy journeys for treatment elsewhere. Jamie has written to the Chief Executive of NHS Highland and the Scottish Health Secretary Alex Neil MSP on the subject.

Commenting today Councillor Donald Kelly said: “ As a local Councillor I have had representations from a number of constituents who have expressed to me their strong desire for Argyll & Bute to have a dedicated dialysis unit, perhaps in Lochgilphead as a central location in Argyll & Bute.

“ Some dialysis patients from the Campbeltown area are currently having to travel to the Vale of Leven hospital three times a week for treatment while others from north Argyll have to go to Fort William or Inverness. I am very aware of the distress and inconvenience this travelling can cause to patients and the setting up of a dialysis unit in Argyll would be a huge boost to local dialysis patients and is long overdue.”

Jamie McGrigor MSP added: “ I am aware that NHS Highland has looked at dialysis provision in Argyll & Bute before and I hope they will look at this issue again and respond to the genuine desire among dialysis patients and their families for an accessible service to be provided in Argyll & Bute.”
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: McGrigor and Kelly back calls for dialysis unit for Argyll

Postby jingleman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Funny how Lochgilphead is considered to be an ideal, central location for a dialysis unit but not, apparently, for a methadone clinic! Wonder why that is?
jingleman
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McGrigor and Kelly back calls for dialysis unit for Argyll

Postby Mags B » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:46 pm

See last week's Argyllshire Advertiser for the information that Lochilphead already has a nurse trained in the prescription of methadone.
Mags B
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Local News and Issues