R.B.S. LOCAL HEROES ( STV)

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

R.B.S. LOCAL HEROES ( STV)

Postby SYDNEY.B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:36 am

Royal Bank of Scotland Finding Scotlands Real Heroes. STV Friday night 8pm. This week Courage Award on the programme Mark Sheldrick & Darroch Fulton (Tarbert) saved the life of Sean Taylor who told the programme that Doctors said he would have died as his body all but shut down because the sea was freezing cold and had it not been for the quick reactions of Mark and Darroch he wouldnt be here today. You can vote for your local Heroe at the end of the programme.
SYDNEY.B
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: R.B.S. LOCAL HEROES ( STV)

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks for posting this Sydney B - a great example of someone posting themselves!

Great story and great feature last night. More on the story below and please vote for Mark and Darroch!

http://shows.stv.tv/real-heroes/voting/

THE two lobstermen who saved Sean Taylor's life when he fell from the Blue Angel in January 2011 and was dragged 140ft underwater have been nominated for the RBS Real Hero Award.

Sean nominated the men that saved his life, Mark Sheldrick and Darroch Fulton, for the courage award in an event which is being televised on STV on November 1.

"Doctors said I would have died but for the fact that my body all but shut down because the sea was freezing cold and I was plunged so deep... had it not been for the quick reactions of Mark and Darroch that day I wouldn't be here today," Sean recalls.

While fishing for lobster Sean's leg got caught up in rope from an automatic creel shooter. He was under water for up to 10 minutes before the boat's skipper Mark Sheldrick managed to cut the rope and bring him to the surface.

Mark got Sean back on the boat and along with fellow fisherman Darroch Fulton spent the next few minutes trying to resuscitate him.

When Sean arrived at Crosshouse Hospital, in Kilmarnock, his condition was 'critical' and he was placed on a ventilator. His family were called to say their goodbyes; if he didn't show signs of improvement within 24 hours the life support machine would be turned off. Sean's girlfriend was 38 weeks pregnant and thought he wouldn't be there to see his baby girl born.

Although he managed not to break a single bone in his body, both his lungs had burst because of the depth and the pressure of the water. He was told that no one has ever survived an incident like it.

To vote for these men visit http://shows.stv.tv/real-heroes/voting/
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local News and Issues