Vodafone Signal ( or rather lack of !)

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Vodafone Signal ( or rather lack of !)

Postby april fool » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Now 3 days without Vodafone in the town. Head anywhere out of town and the messages flood in !
I tried to contact them this morning but the phone message said ' high volumes of calls' and I never got through yet ! Next I tried the online chat but first attempt with them this morning failed with the adviser cutting me off !!
Second attempt better, I kept a chat copy .......
Maniv: Sorry to lean about your network issue, let me see what best I can do for you.
Maniv: Let me talk to my technical team for you.
Maniv: Kindly bear with me while I check your account details. I appreciate your patience.
APRIL FOOL: when will I get a reply ? I need to go out and can't stay on the line much longer
Maniv: I am discussing your case with my technical team and with my manager for you.
Maniv: If you wish I can discuss this issue on call for you.
Maniv: Thank you for being online.
APRIL FOOL: you will see on your forum that it is not just my phone . there are lots of people asking what is wrong its the whole area of campbeltown that has no service
Maniv: I have discussed your case with my technical team.
Maniv: Sorry for the inconvenience.
Maniv: we are upgrading our site to provide the excellent service to our customer, this issue will be resolved very soon.
APRIL FOOL: so what is the outcome ?
Maniv: Once your issue gets resolved, please contact us...
APRIL FOOL: will I get compensation for the 3 days I have been without service on both my numbers?
Maniv: We will provide you the credit for the line rental for this duration.
Maniv: Yes, you will.
Maniv: I have discussed this with my manager.
APRIL FOOL: thank you
Maniv: I have put the notes on your account.
Maniv: Be assured for that.
Maniv: Also one more thing..
Maniv: Once this issue will be resolved you will experience the best service and the network connection as are upgrading our site for our valued customer.
Maniv: Also, we will provide you the credit for this duration.
APRIL FOOL: ok, I will look forward to that, thanks
Maniv: To be very honest, this is the loyalty of customers like you that motivates us in providing the best customer service :)
Maniv:
Maniv: Feel free to contact us, Vodafone is always there to help you.
Maniv: Bye take care.
Maniv:
info: This chat has been ended by your Vodafone Representative

LOL ! Clear as mud.....but for anyone else experiencing the same inconvenience note that the line rental is to be reimbursed ...... can't wait to have a go at that call !!!!
april fool
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Vodafone Signal ( or rather lack of !)

Postby DARUADH » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:18 am

Yea, had more or less the same conversation with Paras last night. Will phone you tmro 'I promise' pah! Vodafone = ....
DARUADH
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Mzz pasico » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:27 am

Which is precisely why a number of years ago I changed to a contract with 3 network. Was fed up with voda going down! Ive never looked back!
Mzz pasico
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby WC1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am

Signal was off when I went away on Thursday and I see it's still off when I arrived home this morning (Tuesday). Has it been off all that time?
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby katya » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Yes it has been WC1 :(
Someone has just mentioned that 3 is now down as well...
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bonnie Lass » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Just got a message from my Network that they are moving to EE - do we have that in our area ?? They state it is the biggest 3G network in the UK - I was quite happy with the system they were using :<>
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby muppetanimal » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:13 pm

What did we ever do before mobiles?

Anyway smart one here has a phone that can accept any SIM that I want. Normally it has the Vodafone one in it but when that network fails I switch over to a back-up one that I have on the 3 network.

Sods Law ... that is now down as well :(

What will we ever do without mobiles?
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby russanros » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:35 am

Just got a message from my Network that they are moving to EE - do we have that in our area ?? They state it is the biggest 3G network in the UK - I was quite happy with the system they were using :<>

EE is the new name for Orange & T Mobile which have now combined in network at least , we have or were Orange and have noticed a slightly better signal, I can get signal in Peninver and Machrihanish where I couldn't before.

- most people seem to have Vodafone here which suggests the strongest signal (when it is working) - However I am very impressed with the O2 signal on my son's phone AND a loan phone I had whilst mine was being fixed, think will go with that on a deal from Tesco next time as it ridiculously cheap! :wink:
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby muppetanimal » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:37 am

Vodafone Forum (just as well we don't have 3G or 4G when they cannot even fix a 2G signal)

01-10-2013 04:57 PM
4768 - PA28
Options

We're currently looking at the performance of this site.

There's no timescale for a resolution, but if you register for the forum, we can send you an email alert as soon as there's news. To enable this, just click "Topic Options" above this post and then "Subscribe".

For the latest updates on planned maintenance and issues where you are, try our brand new Network Status Checker.
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Mzz pasico » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 am

3 was down only for a day, and as far as I'm aware it was to upgrade their system!
Mzz pasico
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 am

russanros wrote:

EE is the new name for Orange & T Mobile which have now combined in network at least , we have or were Orange and have noticed a slightly better signal, I can get signal in Peninver and Machrihanish where I couldn't before.

Hi Russ
We both were on Vodaphone before joining Orange/T-Mobile year and half ago as the signal was a lot better in the area and our home address.Both of these providers have ariels on the Carradale mast.They now call themselves EE as mentioned, and promises of a lot better service overall.That not to be as earlier this year we noticed that we were experiancing a poor signal room wise in our home and a complete loss of signal areas north and south of Carradale and in Campbeltown.On enquiring around it was mentioned that some workmen had switched off the Orange mast receiver at Carradale. Further to that short time later some Communication Company vans appeared in the village to remove all the Orange equipment from the Carradale mast,Cloanaig and may be the Rhu.Now we only have half the coverage as before,very bad north of Carradale and patchy south to Campbeltown.
We, the villagers have complained about this to no avail and I have raised this with MP Alan Reid on his last visit (ps. we have just received his mailshot - Lobbying to get fast reliable broadband and Mobile phone signals throughout all of Argyll & Bute)..... :?
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Stebyr » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 am

muppetanimal wrote:Vodafone Forum

(just as well we don't have 3G or 4G when they cannot even fix a 2G signal)

01-10-2013 04:57 PM
4768 - PA28
Options

We're currently looking at the performance of this site.

There's no timescale for a resolution, but if you register for the forum, we can send you an email alert as soon as there's news. To enable this, just click "Topic Options" above this post and then "Subscribe".

For the latest updates on planned maintenance and issues where you are, try our brand new Network Status Checker.

If you can't get a signal how do you get the e-mail ??????????
Stebyr
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Stronvaar » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 pm

I had an on line chat with Anjana tonight and once he/she was sure who I am he/she assured me within minutes that my account would be credited for the days that have been lost. That's a wee bit of a bonus as I was in Glasgow for three of them :oops: There was no answer to the question "when will service be restored?" other than we are being treated as a "priority" to have it restored as soon as possible.
The Second Hundred
Stronvaar
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:43 am

since the Virgin signal disappeared, overnight, in April 2011 there has been next to no signal, for any network, here in Southend.
Two and a half years.
Surely it should have been in the license that they provide basic coverage for the whole country before all the bells and whistles 3 and 4g.

But, it's not so bad really!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WC1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 am

I've just spent 40 minutes being patronised by three different people in Cairo, Egypt (presumably to differentiate it from Cairo, Texas). After being asked for the third time this week to take my SIM card out and put it back in again, I've been able to establish that the problem is "under investigation", with no indication of when service will be restored, other than that it'll not be before the start of the week. This is beyond unacceptable. I think I'll move to another service. Does anyone know what the O2 signal is like down here?
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Local News and Issues