Vodafone Signal ( or rather lack of !)

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Re: Vodafone Signal ( or rather lack of !)

Postby John A » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Got on Slightly better than you WC1, they say they know that there is a problem but have no idea when it will be fixed because "it is a big problem" but I was assured that I would be compensated for loss of signal "once the big problem is resolved"!
I await developments!!
John A
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby glasgowpar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Just off the phone to someone from the "Directors Office"- sounded more like a noisy call centre to me. The Vodafone viewpoint is basically TOUGH LUCK! The phrase the gentleman kept repeating was that because I could still make calls anywhere else in the UK, then they were still providing me with the service I was paying for. No timescale on the fix, apparently a transmitter is SOOOOO complicated that it can take a long time to fix, he seemed strangely silent when I asked if he felt a computer or a car were not complex pieces of machinery, yet they seem to be able to be fixed in under 8 days!
No compensation due apparently, apart from refunding our line rental for the period (which he kept reminding me they don't HAVE to do because we could still use our phones elsewhere). What he seemed unable to grasp was the fact that people buy a mobile depending on the coverage where they are going to use it most. His reply to this "Well sir mobiles are meant to be mobile after all!".
The icing on the cake was when I reminded him that this might prove dangerous for people who were seriously ill who depended on phone for a lifeline - Vodafone's solution "Well maybe in the meantime you could buy a SIM card for another network until the problem is resolved!!!" Honestly you could not make it up. The only way we can register any protest whatsoever is for people to make sure they leave as soon as they can - despite the fact that for some this may be 18months away - don't forget!
glasgowpar
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby muppetanimal » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:06 am

05-10-2013 01:39 PM
[Solution!]
Re: 4768 - PA28

This is now resolved, but if you're still experiencing an issue with your device, please follow the steps in our network troubleshooting guide and a member of the team will be along to help if necessary.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT ? :x :x :x

Questions about Keep your number when you join Vodafone
:arrow: What’s a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC)?

If you’re joining us or leaving us and want to keep your number, you’ll need a PAC to do it.

We’ll need a PAC (which stands for Porting Authorisation Code) to move your number onto our network. Your old network can give you one by email or post – then just fill in the number transfer form and we’ll do the rest.

A PAC is good for 30 days from when it’s issued, so you’ll need to give it to us in time to set up your move. Wait too long and you’ll have to get another one. If you change your mind about moving – don’t worry. If you haven’t arranged your move, nothing will happen.

To get a PAC contact:

O2 0844 809 0202 or 4445
Orange 07973 100 439
T Mobile 0870 60 60 139
Three 0843 373 3333

If you’re moving away from Vodafone, contact us for a PAC. Hopefully we’ll see you again soon

Did this solve your problem?

Yes
No
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby John S » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 pm

I have been with Three for about 6 years and while at first coverage was not so great it has improved over the years and I can only think of one outage of any significance and that was 2 days. Just got their free signal box as when I moved house the signal was intermittent, it works a treat and will work anywhere you have wireless broadband but no mobile coverage.
See more details of this discussion on my Facebook Case Book
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=168869009687
John S
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby skrik » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 pm

You get a better signal on most networks from the top of Dunaverty Rock. Bit of a lengthy round trip from Carradale mind.
But then there's those delicious cakes at Muneroys to make the journey worthwhile !
skrik
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby asifadeel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:09 am

Well thats strange as I have had the same problem with Vodafone since Christmas. Glad to hear I am not the only one as they say that the signal is fine!
asifadeel
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues