Kit and Caboodle The Story of Football now available

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Re: Kit and Caboodle The Story of Football now available

Postby Mack » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 am

Hello Gordon,

Never been in Amsterdam. Hear its a great place for a 'cultural' weekend! Thanks for your comments.

Alex.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Elvanim » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

When Archie Nimmo was signed by Meiklejohn, he was promised two years to make the grade. Unfortunately Meiklejohn died shortly after signing Archie. Then when Thornton became manager he signed Billy Simpson, famous Ranger and Northern Ireland star.

Good to see Thistle back in the Premier League!
Elvanim
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Mack » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks for that Elvanim. Agreed, its great to see Partick Thistle back in the top league, a place they certainly deserve to be. I remember great times at Firhill watching the likes of Johnny MacKenzie and Davidson, both Scottish Internationals in the 1950s. In those days the area was bilghted by an industrial chimney that beltched smoke and sometimes it was difficult to see the action. I also saw the red haired Simpson playing for Rangers at inside-right against Queens Park in the 1957/58 Glasgow Cup. It is a game which will always stick in my memory. Queens Park led 4-1 at half time, only to see Rangers come from behind to win 6-4.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fhmm160 » Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 pm

John Durnin was my late Grand Uncle and I really wish I had known that this book was being researched as I have photos and letters from Plymouth Argyll, Swansea and Partick thistle regarding his playing time with them.
fhmm160
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Previous

Return to Local News and Issues