Roads

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Roads

Postby hoots the scoop » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:52 am

Anyone else notice a few potholes on the roads lately that could do serious damage to cars etc?

Obviously the rain etc lately has not helped but coming home last night there were a number of potholes that I could have done without going over.
Hoots the scoop is a generic account and seeks to generate and stimulate conversation. If you wish access to this account please PM us. This account does not or should not represent personal views! :-)
hoots the scoop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Potholes

Postby Sweltered » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:11 pm

Like potholes in Campbeltown are a new thing!!!
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Potholes

Postby jdcarra » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:28 pm

Sweltered wrote:Like potholes in Campbeltown are a new thing!!!

And up here in the dale it was dodge the potholes on route to a funeral service at Brackley, then it was on with the wellies to access the cemetery with the cascading water running down into the car park.

What a disgrace to family and friends to endure that, and i did not have my camera.

What is A & B coming to, cut off by craters and rivers of water.

Old story, no money money money, we'll have no bl33dy roads if they don't get there act together. :x
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby John S » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:13 pm

I have heard on many occasion the guy from the roads dept. tell councillors how much needs to be spent on the roads in Argyll and that unless they decide to start funding proper planned maintenance and replacement things will only get worse. I suppose the dilemma for the councillors is what do you cut, or how much do the rates go up.

Maybe you guys have some suggestions? I think the council needs to be a bit more creative about how it earns money outside the block grants and rates.
John S
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:25 pm

JD - With all due respect I don't think it is the Council's fault with regards the cemetery car park - I think it is understandable after the amount of rain we have had - everyywhere is flooded. (?)

With regards the roads - budgets cut and more traffic on the road - again it is only a matter of time before the roads deteriorate :shock:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby take_a_pop » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:17 pm

Hey Jd, thurs sum places yee jeest dont take a camera tae, an a funeral's wan oh thum.
take_a_pop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:57 pm

jdcarra wrote:Old story, no money money money, we'll have no bl33dy roads if they don't get there act together

Council Tax still keeps going up though, eh?

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Trapper » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:10 am

As does the cost of materials and folks wages. Not defending council tax rises wholesale (think that would be quite unpopular) but they have to go up at least in line with inflation to pay for the services we all need. The problem is when they raise them far above the rate of inflation which is what seems to be happening. Anybody any idea how much above inflation is the council tax going up in argyll and bute?
Trapper
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:12 am

thep wrote:JD - With all due respect I don't think it is the Council's fault with regards the cemetery car park - I think it is understandable after the amount of rain we have had - everyywhere is flooded. (?)

With regards the roads - budgets cut and more traffic on the road - again it is only a matter of time before the roads deteriorate :shock:

Davie

Yes, we have had alot of rain, but if the Council were to do some proper drainage system around the carpark area it would take the bulk of the surface water away. This is not a new problem, the mud and water has been an issue for years with persons visiting the cemetery.

[/quote pop]Hey Jd, thurs sum places yee jeest dont take a camera tae, an a funeral's wan oh thum.[quote]

I pop, its road issues, never mind the camera. :wink:

By the way, how do you add more than one quote to a posting?

thep - edit - moved the answers to your question JD to http://www.kintyreforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1544
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Lad » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:13 am

GarySutherland wrote:
jdcarra wrote:Old story, no money money money, we'll have no bl33dy roads if they don't get there act together

Council Tax still keeps going up though, eh?

Cheers
Gary

Your not expecting it to go down?! :shock:
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Local News and Issues