Kintyre Yes for Independence Campaign

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Kintyre Yes for Independence Campaign

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Received this and asked if we could post this on the Forum.

The Kintyre Yes for Independence campaign has launched a Facebook page for anyone interested in finding out about the campaign both nationally and locally here in Kintyre. The page is open to anyone from any party, or none at all. It is also a great place to connect with other supporters of independence and to volunteer for events such as the Yes stall at the MoKfest.
http://www.facebook.com/KintyreYesForIndependence
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Kintyre Yes for Independence Campaign

Postby Crowth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 pm

And purely in the interests of balance, here's a link to a 'No' to independence Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/BritishUnity
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Crowth wrote:And purely in the interests of balance, here's a link to a 'No' to independence Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/BritishUnity

Thanks Crowth - to be honest I was hesitant to post it as didn't want the forum to be seen pro Yes or No so thanks for settling that for us. Got the message from Admin and posted it just to get it done - too many messages! :mrgreen:
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby muppetanimal » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:23 am

If Kintyre votes YES for independence will the seat of power (the Capital) be in Campbeltown or Tarbert. Will the Queen still be Head of State in an independent Kintyre, will we still have the pound sterling as the currency, will Kintyre still be in the EU and in NATO (c'mon ... airstrip and fuel depot), and will there be border checkpoints on the A83 north of Tarbert ? Who is going to set interest rates and will one of our existing councillors be on the Bank of Englands monetary committee (that's going to be good !!!), and, most importantly, will I still get my giro from the buroo every second Tuesday?

....and they want me to vote yes to all that :roll:
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby muppetanimal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 pm

... and on a serious note, time for all of us with an open mind to start listening to some informed thinking .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-21083788
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Hume » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm

muppetanimal wrote:... and on a serious note, time for all of us with an open mind to start listening to some informed thinking .....

Unionist Kevin McKenna's view:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/20/scottish-independence-becoming-only-option?CMP=twt_fd

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2013/01/20/independence-without-nationalism/
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby muppetanimal » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:14 pm

One side of the "informed" debate ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buiXDbgnc4M

546 days and counting .....
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Swanseajock » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:50 am

Why have I not got a vote :?: I am as Scottish as everyone else coming from the Town. I am now more of a Patriot as an Expetriot. And my opinion of the Union is surely as relevant as everyone elses :!:
Swanseajock
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby muppetanimal » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:58 am

Swanseajock wrote:Why have I not got a vote :?:

Duh ! ....... because you don't live here any more.

..... because Westminster rule gave you so few opportunities for a prosperous (or any) career that economic migration became a necessity and not an automatic choice.

..... could say more but there is another 540 -odd days for this friendly banter to be continued :D
muppetanimal
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby PaulH » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 am

Most Americans are not aware of this movement. I have been doing some research but can't find a draft for a Constitution. Is there one yet? What does it consist of? if it exist.
PaulH
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby gizmo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Ah! Bless you, Paul.
You obviously don't understand the way we do things here.
We don't do constitutions, largely we make it up as we go along. There will be an awful lot of bluster, a fair amount of kilt swinging nearer the time and then Sean Connery will tell us "Now is the time to cast off the yolk of English oppression" etc. from his villa in the tax haven he lives in.
The referendum will finally take place on a wet Thursday when there is something good on the telly, only 25% of those eligible will bother to turn up. Then we will go back to square 1 and start the dance again.
Remember where you head it first.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Hume » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 am

Here you are Paul:

Scotland’s Future: from the Referendum to Independence and a Written Constitution

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0041/00413757.pdf

Summary

Scotland should have a written constitution which reflects the values of the people of Scotland. The preparation of a written constitution should commence after independence under the auspices of the independent Scottish Parliament. It should be for the newly independent Parliament to devise the process and timetable for the drafting of the constitution. The Government’s view is that the process of shaping the new constitution should be participative and command the support of the whole of Scotland. When the process of determining the constitution gets underway, the Scottish Government will be just one of many voices. However, the Scottish Government will propose provisions that encapsulate the collective expression of values that we hold dear in Scotland, as well as protect individual rights. These will include provisions to strengthen individual rights in areas such as homelessness and education; prevent weapons of mass destruction being based in Scotland; and prevent the government from engaging in illegal wars.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:31 pm

gizmo wrote:Ah! Bless you, Paul.
You obviously don't understand the way we do things here.
We don't do constitutions, largely we make it up as we go along. There will be an awful lot of bluster, a fair amount of kilt swinging nearer the time and then Sean Connery will tell us "Now is the time to cast off the yolk of English oppression" etc. from his villa in the tax haven he lives in.
The referendum will finally take place on a wet Thursday when there is something good on the telly, only 25% of those eligible will bother to turn up. Then we will go back to square 1 and start the dance again.
Remember where you head it first.

Love it!!!! :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Iain » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:02 am

Govangirl wrote:
gizmo wrote:Ah! Bless you, Paul.
Love it!!!! :lol:

GG..., just from curiosity; will you get to vote ? :wink:
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Unfortunately Iain, despite having very strong views on the campaign, I have not!!!! :(
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local News and Issues