new year celebrations

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

new year celebrations

Postby elaine » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:51 am

:shock:
Last edited by elaine on Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
elaine
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Kintyre Lad » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:08 pm

Elaine,

Don't know what you were expecting but did you read somewhere or hear that there was an organised celebration in the town? IF not, then what can you expect ?- the party won't come to you. I had a super time with family and friends but we had organised this.

I do agree there should be some kind of event held but I think the people who have been involved have probably been scunnered over the years with the weather disrupting the event. I do think however, this is where the council should be taking a more active roll - but at the end of the day these people have a life too with their families so who can blame them???

Sorry to hear you had a 'mince' time but reading back on your previous postings I get the feeling you aren't a lover of the town and are probably only drawn back for family reasons???

You only had to post something on here prior to your stay and I am sure a few people could have helped out.

Anyway, all the best to you for 2006. 8)
Kintyre Lad
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby GarySutherland » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:53 pm

Elaine, you should have come up the road to Carradale because we had great party in The Glen Bar on Saturday night.

Cheers
Gary
GarySutherland
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: new year celebrations

Postby take_a_pop » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:46 pm

elaine wrote:well what can i say it was pure and utter mince. its the worst new year ever thank god for whisky macs coz it actually stayed open. i met a woman outside the feathers pub who had not been home to the toon for years and she brought her husband over from denmark for a good scottish new year and he never got one neither did we. no wonder less and less people come here for a holiday........... do something b4 its 2 late please :?

We'll lass ift yuid oni telt me ye wur lookin fur a guid time and a rer wee perty lak the kin we ha'ed in deys gone by, then aye cuid hif help'd ye oot. Af hu'd a great time, an a canna wet tae get ripped back in tae folk's agane noo thit wur intae a new year.
Sorry ye hud a shi..te time, mayby yur jeest keepin the rang cump'ny, life's whoot ye mak it hen, it wul'na cum tae yoo, so yoo huv tae ga'n get it yursel.
Awn'y wae, Gui'd New Year tae wan an awe.
Am cum'in tae get yae's. Ho Ho Ho
take_a_pop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:32 pm

The wife and I went to the ceilidh in the Argyll which was good. It was still going strong when we left at 1.00am to pick up the family who were at a disco at Tayinloan. Hunting lodge Hotel at bellochantuy had something on too when we passed.

So there was things on. Also, heard the Burnside was good too.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Surfbored » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:33 am

Hehehehehe,

Hogmanay ...... it's all about visiting or being visited by friends and family.

I'm sorry, but if you dont have any friends ..... prolly better not making that public imo
Surfbored
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Local News and Issues